Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deborah

My son's soap opera

My son is a tall, handsome 20 year old who helps run the family business. He has had a call on his life from the time he was very little. One time when he was really young we walked into a Bible book store. I pointed out a picture of Jesus. He said in a very matter-of-fact way, "Mom, that's not what Jesus looks like."
"Oh?" I asked. "What does He look like?"
"He's brighter than the sun. So bright you can't see Him," he said.
I asked David's Sunday school teacher if this had been a topic of conversation. It had not. David's revelation seems to have been firsthand.

I've raised David to know God's Word (he read the entire Bible out loud to me when I homeschooled him 12 years and he memorized hundreds of verses of scripture).

I ask prayer for David now as he seeks a girlfriend. Girls are attracted to David, but the ones who aren't Christian don't like he won't drink with them. I've been praying and praying he'd have a Christian girlfriend but one who texts him all the time isn't allowed to go on dates even though she is also 20 years old (her parents are EXTREMELY legalistic). My son is really frustrated right now because he wants a Christian girlfriend and he's just not sure how to handle this situation.

God works things out like this nowadays.

He will bring this to pass in your son's life when He's ready.

Actually I did answer the job question:
"My son is a tall, handsome 20 year old who helps run the family business."

Since my husband's accident at work (a ladder collapsed under him) my son has had to learn the heating and air conditioning business and he's done very well. He has responsibilities my husband wasn't handling until he was in his 30s.

My sister, who doesn't give many compliments, probably said it best. "If I had my life to live over and I had my head on straight, I'd marry a guy like David," she said. "He's handsome, respectful, has a good job, gets along with his parents, his customers love him and he does hard things without complaining."

Hi Deborah!!

THe prayer that we can pray is that David takes his time and NOT compromise. If he wants a Christian mate (girlfriend) then he should hold out until he finds one.

I love the story in Genesis when Adam was longing for companionship. God created the animals to see if they could meet that void, however it didn't work. Then God put Adam to sleep and went away to a secluded place and created Eve. After he was finished, HE BROUGHT HER TO HIM!! When Adam saw her, he knew she was the one because he said she was bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.

I believe there is enough of God in us all to know when the right one comes along, but do we have the patience to wait. He's 20 and has so much more to look forward to. I have a 20 year old son too and he is dating a nice Jewish girl. Her beliefs are not what I desire for him, but she's a good girl and shes good for him NOW in his life. DO I see them getting married? No, but for what he needs to learn NOW, it's okay with me.

I would speak more to David about focusing in on other things "until she comes"...She will come, it's just going to be in God's timing. In the mean time...ENJOY THE 20's because they go by SO FAST!!!!

Yes, I know, God's timing and choice is the best! I know this also has to be David's choice, not mine, but I plan to stay on my knees until his Princess Charming appears!

and don't forget to pray for her as well (although you don't know her)....that her faith and love for Christ abounds....that she seeks God's face in all that she does...that she grows in the Lord and becomes the woman and wife that He desires her to be...

I will agree with you as well. I agree with all the other prayers and comments. He is so young and it will all happen according to Gods timing and plan for his life.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

Amen! I am in agreement too!!!! Blessings Deborah! praying