Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjtorrence

My family thinks I am Crazy

I was awaken at 5:00a.m this Morning 3/27/12 I heard the sound of a doorbell as clear as I was standing next to the door, I turned to my husband and asked did he hear that he said no so I thought about going to open the door to see if anyone was there but didn't so I asked my son did he hear it he stated that he didn't now my family thinks I am crazy. :hmm:

LOL that happened to me, but it was a knock at the door. I got up and looked through the peep hole in the door and no one was there. I laid back down and heard it again and then I heard God say "behold I stand at the door and knock"... It was actually God's way of getting my attention to pray. I received some awesome stuff from God that night.

You are not crazy...by the way it's GREAT to see you online...it's been awhile. happy dance

I used to hear both door bells and loud and crisp clear knocks. I was the only one who heard them. This was always happening at night and they woke me up instantly.
Last time I heard a door bell (by that time I figured out it was God), I woke up and said "Yes, Lord, I am listening". I did not open my eyes, and I did not hear anything else. But in about minute or so even through my closed eyes I saw a bright flash of light.
Next morning my husband said that he was awake with his eye open and all of a sudden he saw a bright flash of light right in the middle of our bedroom. So we both saw it, but I did not hear anything that time.

Hey MJ, good to see you! huggins

Yep, me too - I've heard both doorbells and knocks at the door...usually in the early morning but sometimes in the middle of the evening too...but I didn't realize that they might be calls to pray, that's good to know....

thanks everyone at least I know I am not crazy laugh Yes I have heard door knocks too and have known that it means to pray aww thanks Cholette and lola I have missed being here with the moving to a new house and all I am just now able to really sat at the computer woo hoo

That's right, you got a house! Hope your move was smooth and may you be blessed with many wonderful memories in your new place! flower

Yea we were blessed to move in three days after Christmas although the girls didnt have Christmas it was ok God is still good we all got the best Christmas present yes thank you the move went very smooth and we are almost settled in woo hoo

Me too MJ! Awesome to see you and congrats on the new house. How you loving it? There have been many times I have heard the Lord call my name....It is a call for prayer for me. I sleep very deep so I am sure he does it this way to get my attention...It definitely works.

Love in Jesus,

ok ladies it happend again last night this time at 3:00a.m. I heard the doorbell ring again and I woke my husband up and stated to him did you hear the doorbell he was sweet about it and said "no babe I didnt hear it" so I said yes Lord but nothing ok I am starting to think I am going crazy myself :help:

:-) I never heard (audibly or "in my thoughts") anything after those doorbells or knocks. My thoughts on this issue is that it might be God's way of attracting our attention. He is longing to spend time with us too and it might be that He just needs to be with you. During the day we are usually so busy that we don't give God enough quality time, our undivided attention. So I heard many times that He gives us grace to stay awake at night and fellowship with Him.
Anyway, I feel very privileged and honored when I know that my God wants my attention, just like words of this song:
Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing

thanks astra it is amazing when God wants to spend time with us or just to be in his presence thanks for sharing huggins

I heard a knock on the door about 6:30 this morning!!!! I was dreaming about somebody knocking on the door and in the dream I thought of that verse, "Behold I stand at the door and knock." Then I woke up and I was awake a few minutes and I heard a knock at my door--wasn't an angry knock, but some friendly taps.

MJ, I woke up and got in the word and he took me on an awesome journey. Days after he was still speaking. It's not always an instantaneous thing, but believe me, continue to trust him and he will meet you...He's your Father.

huggins

PS. It's obvious that God has something to say to you...he rung the doorbell twice...sit in his presence girl.