Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quenette

Standing Still...

“It is before the wind comes that the long grass is motionless.”

Are you standing still to hear from God?

How do you take waiting patiently on God to manifest certain things/desires in your life, yet equally moving forward with those things you already know He's required you to do?

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Blessings to you...

well i wud say its doin the things ur called/anointed 2 do ,,but not trying 2 make sumthing come 2 pass in ur own strength /efferts, werby creating a ishmail, ,,,its very easy 2 become impatiant wiv the ,,esply wen his time frame dont match ours we can end up lookin like ,,,waitg 4 him 2 act ,,haveing a werd 2 stand on thats personal to u will sustain u,,rememba ther werd of the lord tryed joeseph, ,,,,,,,,anyhoo d,,,ah yes i;ll hold lol!

Quenette wrote:

How do you take waiting patiently on God to manifest certain things/desires in your life, yet equally moving forward with those things you already know He's required you to do?

Blessings to you...

I find it interesting that I found this thread short before I was about to post a similar thread myself. Basically I made the experience that I tend to feel relaxed and calm short before times of trouble, turmoil or physical illness. Right now I am feeling this kind of inner calmness again and I am beginning to wonder whether this is (again) the proverbial "calm before the storm".

I agree. The "calm before the storm."
Whenever the Lord is moving me into something, it's a stillness that occurs. I usually get the "Oh Lord, where I am I headed" feeling and just say with a deep breath. "Whatever it is Lord - Here am I, send/use me." Short lived as they may be laugh , I bless God for those still moments.

The motionless grass reminds me of a warm spring/summer day right before a storm is about to hit. Everything seems so serene, though a quiet wind breezes by ever so often. His voice is like that quiet breeze. It makes you close your eyes, stand still and just breathe the more of Him.

Quenette wrote:

Blessings to you...

This is exactly where I'm at right now. It has been a great lesson for me to learn how to wait but I think I have it down now. lol!

I asked the Lord to help me through this "waiting" thing. And its funny that Dreamster mentioned having a word to stand on thats personal to you that will sustain you....that is exactly what I asked the Lord for....a WORD!! I almost thought it was selfish of me to ask for that. But the Lord gave me that word I asked for. And i believe He did it because He saw my heart. I have a desire to be taught and led by the Lord, I asked for help and he gave it to me. He also told me to be aggressive in prayer and worship through this time. So during my waiting, I worship in prayer and song. Oh how I love HIM!!!! :glory:

dreamster wrote:
wings lol!,,,,,,,,,,sumtimes it can be the first werd in a verse,

YES EXACTLY!!! happy dance

Angelwings wrote:
Quenette wrote:

Blessings to you...

This is exactly where I'm at right now. It has been a great lesson for me to learn how to wait but I think I have it down now. lol!

I asked the Lord to help me through this "waiting" thing. And its funny that Dreamster mentioned having a word to stand on thats personal to you that will sustain you....that is exactly what I asked the Lord for....a WORD!! I almost thought it was selfish of me to ask for that. But the Lord gave me that word I asked for. And i believe He did it because He saw my heart. I have a desire to be taught and led by the Lord, I asked for help and he gave it to me. He also told me to be aggressive in prayer and worship through this time. So during my waiting, I worship in prayer and song. Oh how I love HIM!!!! :glory:

Sometimes I ask him in prayer as to what he wants *me* to do. I always feel uncomfortable a bit about this though, because I wonder how I would react if he should really ask for something from me. I am honest to him about this though and always ad that I know that I trust him also there. Still, right now there is nothing that makes me more uncomfortable in prayer than asking this particular question. Even my honesty to him doesn't change this, or has at least not changed this yet. nerd

hi havacook,, :cooking: as the queen of england wud say ..''keep calm an carry on'',, laugh the lord has seen the end frm the beginning, and our self doubts fears/worrys of our inadiquacys wont phase him,, remeba his plans 4 us r 4 gud :hooray: not evil duh ,,,,,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 d in the plan rite now lol!

This is really good stuff yawl, considering I was just saying this eve, "I don't know what He wants me to do. Yet, I don't want to not move according to what I think I should be doing (faith without works) in regards to personal things I'm facing right now. I find myself singing Stand - "What do you do when you've done all you can...you just stand and be sure God has a purpose, God has a plan." That's sometimes easier said than done. I'm literally at the edge of a cliff and feel God is saying "Yea, I know I'm pushing you, but it's for your good."

I keep reminding myself that I can't be a testament to something I haven't been through. If nothing else I will be able to tell someone - Oh yes, God will do this, that and the other in order to perfect His work in you and you have to be patient enough for Him to do the work. You might need a 40 day/night fast for patience alone, but He'll definitely bring it outta ya!
laugh