Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daisy

Discouraging afternoon/evening

Plz keep me in prayer. I had a very discouraging afternoon/evening. Lots of things going on!

Praying as well Daisy. Can you tell us what specifically to pray about. Feel free to send a PM if you are more comfortable with that.

love in Jesus,

Connie

Thank you so so much cholette and connie!!! Well, here it goes....my frustration list.

I feel a lot better today, but yesterday was a rough one. I got really bad news that my daughter completely failed her meap test, got the lowest scores possible. I am so worried about her. She is especially behind in math, but her comprehension scores on the test were bad too. She does have focus issues, but I dont want to medicate her. We have been trying to work with her at home, but she gives me such a hard time connie. Im simply so worried about her. When she comes home she just wants to play, and I don't blame her one bit. In order to get caught up though, we need to practice math facts etc. My worries really played with my emotions yesterday, and I didn't handle her in the best possible way. She and I can really feed on one another's negative emotions, and thats what happened yesterday. I feel like Im failing her as a parent, and I just feel so defeated in this situation. Im wondering when things are going to click for her. She is such a smart girl, but the defiance is keeping her from learning. I feel like she just wants to oppose me all the time...no matter what I ask her to do. This battle is exhausting, especially when Im only trying to help her. When I brought it in prayer yest, I seen a picture of a person drowning. Arms flailing, and someone was there trying to rescue them, but because of the panic and fear....they wouldn't allow the person to help them. I feel like Im trying to rescue, help, and love my daughter, but she refuses to calm down and let me help and love her. She does often push my love away, consistently. She has had a lot of loss and trauma in her life, before we adopted her. Im concerned that she is not up to speed bc of this. She is not taking responsibility with her items..constantly leaving a trail of messes throughout our home. She forgets things and looses things at school on a daily basis. I see her friends are much more responsible than her. I know I should not compare,but I want to be sure she is developing normal. Im so exhausted.

To make matters worse, my husband was suppose to have the day off yest. His regional came into town and was suppose to go to my husbands store. We are hopeful that we will know something soon about our possible relocation through this regional. So my husband went into work, and waited all day for the regional to show up, never showed up. A wasted day, didn't hear any news. Im simply tired of waiting to find out where and when they are going to send us! Ive been in Limbo for almost a year now!!! We sold our home, and have moved twice in 6 months, with little kids this is just a joke. We have little to no support from our families as far as help with the kids goes and stuff. With this kinship adoption, my mom has really strained our relationship bc she wants my brother a part of our lives. Ive distanced myself from her, bc she pressures me to do things I dont feel is best for my daughter. BC Im not doing things the way she wants, she wont come on my turf to help. She never offers to help, and has been my least support in our journey, but on the contrary a huge stress to me. Because of this, we left our church of more than ten years (which was a HUGE support in our journey with our daughter). I would like to become joined to a local body of christ to get the support Im lacking from my family, but without knowing where we are headed it doesnt make sense to get involved in a church heavily to quickly uproot in a month or two (we should know no later than June we were told). Last night, My husband comes home exhausted from waiting all day for the regional to show up being up since 2:30 am! So our date night is ruined, and Im putting the kids to bed by myself etc while he is half asleep on the couch. He is a good husband and works very hard to take good care of us! He really tries to help me a lot...but he is often tired and lately more cranky than usual. He works every weekend with his current position, so there is alot of family time we are missing. When he gets promoted his hours will be MUCH better for the family. Im just totally exhausted, and so disappointed with this season of our lives. Im ready to settle myself and the kids, but I cant do that till they let us know where we are going.

SO SORRY for the long novel...thats my frustrating night in a nutshell from last night. Thanks for praying and listening.

I sure don't have any answers for you, Daisy, but I do want you to know that my heart goes out to you and I will be praying for you.
Dear Lord, I lift Daisy to you and ask that you would bless her and her household with peace today. May Your sweet presence fill and premeate every corner of her home. May You be her refuge and strength today. Lord, You say in Your word that if we lack wisdom that we should ask for it and believe and we will recieve. So I ask that You would give Daisy and her husband Godly wisdom as they make decisions about moving, a church home, how to help thier adopted child, and any other situations where they need Your guidance. I pray, Father, that You would touch that little girl and help her through the traumas she may have had to deal with already in her young life. Bless her with peace and help her to learn. May her knowledge and understanding increase daily. Father, I pray for a restoration of relationship between Daisy and her mom. Thank You Father that You always hear and answer our prayers according to what is best for us. To You be all the Glory in Jesus Name. Amen.
Always remember, Daisy, that God loves you and sees exactly where you are and knows exactly what you need. Seek Him.

Daisy,
About your daughter, is she old enough to work a computer? If so, there are some really good math skill games out there on cdrom that you could get for her that will not only teach her math skills but make them fun and entertaining. Some kids just learn differently and if learning is fun for them, it is also easier.
Prayers!!

Daisy--I can relate! I experienced much of what you described. I still don't understand why I had to go through what I did but I can tell you three things I learned. First is trust the Lord. Second is realize this is a season. Your daughter will not be in school forever. The third is take one day at a time. You have sufficient grace for today, not for tomorrow and certainly not for next year. Fear is a nasty foul spirit that will try to rob you. God has good plans for your daughter and you and the rest of your family. I remember being so scared for my son, having multiple cry sessions, begging God to deliver my son from his learning disability. Now that my son is an adult I can see how his disability was really a blessing in disguise. It has given him an empathy and sensitivity so-called normal people do not have. Now that he's working his abilities shine and nobody cares his spelling is atrocious. I hope this helps:)

Thank u so much Deborah, exo, and seeking! This site has been a huge encouragement and support to me! I cannot thank al of u enough for your contribution to uplift and encourage me and others on this site! Bless You

Hi Daisy,
Sorry I did not see your post until now.
I can relate to your issues as well as you know I am going through some very frustrating times with my daughter as well. But the lord pulled me out of a hole of misery I was in at first.
I know with our kids it's a bit different than dealing with ourselves as the other person's will is involved. BUT!!! Since our children belong to our household, our family, we, as parents, have an authority in this area.
I was seeking the Lord in thios area and I found a GREAT COMFORT and ENCOURAGEMENT in Him.
First of all He said: "The LORD will perfect that which concerns me" Psalm 138:8. Our kids are sure what concerns us and there is an iron-clad promise that the Lord WILL PERFECT THEM! Do I need to worry HOW He is going to do that? No! Even though right at this moment it does not look anything like a perfect picture, but I KNOW the Lord enough even now to TRUST Him, that He DOES have a plan to perfect our children. He SEES all, He KNOWS all, He has already been in this situation and knows all the ins and outs of it and has set everything in place to accomplish that!

So what gives me strength not to freak out is His PROMISE which is yeaj and amen! I know the Lord, I CAN TRUST HIM without actually knowing all He is going to do to fix the problem. So I can RELAX! :-)

Now, that I have dealt with my own fears and kicked them out I can now PROCLAIM His Will to be done on EARTH as it has been done already in Heaven. I know that in the spiritual realm my daughter is already PERFECT, so all I need to do is declare it and speak it into the natural. I do if fear free and doubt free. It does not come automatically though, because she pretty much keeps on doing things that would kick me out of peace if I did not dig my heals in and was not keeping my eyes on the LORD instead.

Then, I remove all that might hinder His perfect plan from coming to pass. I BIND the devourer. I forbid it to steal my peace, my daughter's progress to perfection, her peace and joy, her learning not only in the natural but also growing spiritually, being discipled in the Lord. I come against these attitudes she seems to have as well as emotional turmoil.
The Lord has commanded us to speak to the mountain and that's what I do, constantly reminding myself that it is my faith and authority and behind it there is a Heavenly HOSTS that reinforce what I speak. I even PICTURE Hosts of Angels that accomplish what I speak in faith. This helps sooooo much! I am a very visual person and I do need to understand and visualize things, so that's what I do.
And then peace unspeakeable comes on me. I feel happy, I feel like skipping and dancing and joking and laughing right in the midst of a storm. I even think to myself "Storm? What storm? Lord is with me, WHO CXAN BE AGAINST?!" And I don't mind telling the enemy that! I bet this tortures them a great deal :-)

And THEN I do see bit by bit how things start to unfold. I get chances to witness to my family. They begin to listen. I keep on tearing this wall down and it BUDGES!!! I see situations change. Maybe not all at once, but it's still very encouraging!

It helps a great deal to me to see my daughter the way God sees her. This takes the frustration away and keeps me from blurting out things that are contrary to what I stand on in faith ;-)

Whenever a depressing or discouraging thought comes in (nd the DO come in daily), I instantly say "NO!" and stir myself up in the Lord intentionally and bring Lord's promises:
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I hope this helped!!!
Blessings, Sister! I am standing with you in prayer for your house!!!

I didn't read all the other posts so I apologize if this has been said but I just want to add two things.

1.) Is it okay if your daughter stays back until she is learning at a comfortable rate? Kids don't all progress at the same rates, especially if they've had a tough start. Sometimes we need to purposely expect less than we feel we should. There is a quote that goes, When I am at worst I need your love the most. This is probably not exact but if she is struggling where she is maybe she is just not ready in spite of her age, grade, etc.

2.) If I were you I would absolutely get involved in a church no matter how short your time there is. Just sayin'

Love ya lady! Let me know if you need anything.

Lord, you said pray short and simply. Please empower Daisy to do all she has on her plate. Please make manifest the words Jesus said

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Please make this manifest in Daisy's life now, Father.

In Jesus Name.

Thank you so much Astra and Mia!!! You are both such a huge blessing to me! I really needed the encouragement!!! thank you

Hi ms. Daisy, I struggled with math too when I was younger. My mom used to set this game up for my sister and I: Mom would purchase a few items from dollar tree, and price it all under $1. We would be given $3 in change, we were responsible with counting it out, and producing the total given.
And for her with responsibility, my mom would take away certain things for weeks if we did not put away(Mom actually through out 3 of our games because we didn't listen) it works though! I was homeschooled, I can assure you I would have been put on ADHD move because I move around a lot. Doing this helped a lot! Also, stand on Isaiah 50:4 "You have given me the tongue to learn"

Deborah wrote:
Daisy--I can relate! I experienced much of what you described. I still don't understand why I had to go through what I did but I can tell you three things I learned. First is trust the Lord. Second is realize this is a season. Your daughter will not be in school forever. The third is take one day at a time. You have sufficient grace for today, not for tomorrow and certainly not for next year. Fear is a nasty foul spirit that will try to rob you. God has good plans for your daughter and you and the rest of your family. I remember being so scared for my son, having multiple cry sessions, begging God to deliver my son from his learning disability. Now that my son is an adult I can see how his disability was really a blessing in disguise. It has given him an empathy and sensitivity so-called normal people do not have. Now that he's working his abilities shine and nobody cares his spelling is atrocious. I hope this helps:)

Somebody pmed me and told me this was a negative rating she didn't mean to give me. I told her to notify the moderators, yet I see this negative rating is still here. Moderators? Are you listening?

Daisy,

I was one of those kids who totally did not get math until 9th grade. Once I got it I excelled in it. She may just be a late bloomer like I was. Trust the Lord to get her there and do your part. Your part is to encourage her and to make it fun and interesting for her. One other thing to consider is....Is she having difficulty with the teacher, teaching her. Sometimes it is that. Some are not willing to take the individual time with the student to explain things to them. That was key for me. When I didn't get it they just told my parents I wasn't paying attention. That was not the case. When they got me in front of a teacher who explained it differently and took the time I needed to understand...it came quickly to me. Just a thought there. I hope this helps. Meanwhile I will keep praying until we have a breakthrough.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Deborah wrote:
Deborah wrote:

Somebody pmed me and told me this was a negative rating she didn't mean to give me. I told her to notify the moderators, yet I see this negative rating is still here. Moderators? Are you listening?

Yes, Im so sorry I havent responded to either of you yet...its been a bit of a mad house over here. I did this once on accident to someone, and Daph said that there was nothing that we could do about it except for maybe give that person some extra likes to balance it out. The only other idea I have is that you could (or I could, if for some reason you cant) delete the post, and you could repost that comment below and start fresh. Let me know if you need me to delete the post. You could cut and paste and respost it below, and I could delete the redmarked post entirely. Sorry....hope this helps

Dove-Solutions wrote:
Daisy,

I was one of those kids who totally did not get math until 9th grade. Once I got it I excelled in it. She may just be a late bloomer like I was. Trust the Lord to get her there and do your part. Your part is to encourage her and to make it fun and interesting for her. One other thing to consider is....Is she having difficulty with the teacher, teaching her. Sometimes it is that. Some are not willing to take the individual time with the student to explain things to them. That was key for me. When I didn't get it they just told my parents I wasn't paying attention. That was not the case. When they got me in front of a teacher who explained it differently and took the time I needed to understand...it came quickly to me. Just a thought there. I hope this helps. Meanwhile I will keep praying until we have a breakthrough.

Love in Jesus,

Connie
Thanks Connie!! This is encouraging! And, Im not a huge fan of her teacher. I think she is overwhelmed, and is not super encouraging to my daughter. Im hopeful that she gets a REALLY good teacher next year!! Im seriously considering homeshool. I may give public schools one more year. We will see. Thanks for the encouragement.