Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SisterinChrist

reaping & sowing - financially speaking

Question - this is specifically related to giving financially.

I understand reaping and sowing, and i believe in giving my tithes/offerings. So please dont mistake this question as me questioning if i should give to my church or not. I totally believe in tithes and offering.

My question is, the other day, i heard this reputable pastor ( known to be a real prophet of God)
saying that he recieved a word from the Lord that this month will be a great month of favor if you sow into it. He gave a word and if you send $ to his church you will receive a major double favor this month... So give right away if you want your double favor. Like he's selling Gods word for $$.

I do believe his church does a lot of good work. BUT, is it accurate to say this? Its like saying if you give money the word is for you if not you wont receive the double favor from God.

Just curious.

Any comments, thoughts?

Sister,

We give to show our love to the Lord. We seek not for favor as a result of our giving/tithing. When you say he is selling God's word for $$ I understand because that is how it seems to me when Men or Woman of God do that.

It says in His word to ask and it will be given unto us. Sow and ye shall reap. But it does not say this month is a good month for sowing because you will double your favor. We have complete unmerited favor all the time because we are his children and we believe in Him. That is all we need. We are his heirs to the throne.

If you feel led to give, by all means do so. But only do so if you feel and unction from the Holy Spirit to do so. We tithe/give to honor God not for what we can get for that act. I hope this is making sense.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Hi Connie...
Thanks for your comments... yes i totally agree, i do believe it 100%/

Thats why we are to have a relationship with Christ, as He leads me in all area's of my life. Including tithing....

Always nice to hear other's perspective on this..

Blessings,

I understand what you are saying. I too have heard such things from certain ministries and I can't help feeling like these people are merchandising the gospel. I try not to judge these ministries, but I no longer listen to them. Maybe that is "throwing the baby our with the bathwater"??

Yes its true.. i try not to also, its just that this "prophetic person", is well known and apparently His prophecies are accurate... so sometimes i want to hear, but then i get a bit confused by the way they ask for money....

But I agree it is kind of like 'merchandising the gospel"

i hear u sisda ,,i think of balaam who wasa prophet, but went off the path due 2 muni etc, i wud ask lordy only wer u shud give, ,,i think if he said [the tv guy] give 2 sumone else id be more convinced, it may be the lord, ,,,be careful

Amen, I agree with all your comments. As much as I understand that these ministries need money to keep things running, I do feel that some ministers resort to unneeded measures to get those needs met INSTEAD of trusting God to meet that need. I personally feel in my own heart, this kind of method is manipulating Gods people. I feel its much better for the minister to openly admit that they are struggling financially, and are in extra need of funds to keep the show going. This is an honest, transparent approach in my eyes. I agree with exo, the sow this month for a double portion blessing approach, really turns me off and causes me to no longer want to listen to such ministries. Just my two cents.

I am not going to judge the minister/prophet and his reasons for saying what he did, but from the position of a person responding to this "proposal", I'd say, they need to take a really good look at their motives.
One can give with all kinds of intentions.
Someone can give out of pure heart, to help out to spread the Gospel and to meet the needs of those who preach.
Another one hearning about "double portion" might give out of greed, or even sort of some "financial operation".
Yet another one can give out of pure fear that they will not get anything from God otherwise, doubting everything.
The Bible clearly states that such people re not going to get anything. So when a minister states that if you give QUICKLY, you will get the double portion, they are in direct opposition to the Word of God. I don't care what kind of prophets they are. If you give out of LOVE you will receive back. If not, none of this "giving" will profit you whatsoever (1 Cor 13:1).
What I don't understand is why don't they teach the Body of Christ the truth? They were called to teach and not mystify God's purposes :-((((
This actually hinders many from receiving.

Hi Astra... good points..! i totally agree and just to clarify, the post was not to pass judgements on the pastor.

I dont pass judgment on the pastor but as you say, i do question the motives. It didnt sound right to me. God can judge the pastor but i want to learn from this & also i think its good for all of us to start dialogues on such issues so we can all learn from It and really understand what the Gospel says.

Hi SisterinChrist,
I certainly did not mean "judging" the pastor in this way. I meant that I did not really know whether there are such "particular windows" of double return or not. So I don't know and therefore cannot judge - DISCERN (NOT CONDMEN!!!) what they were talking about regarding those "special" blessings periods.
I have heard of similar things from several ministers and what they usually do, they put me in fear of "missing" it :-). So I just ignore them and go with what has been revealed to me at this point and always do my very best to learn further.

Blessings!!!

Yes I hear you, I tend to ignore it as well..thats why its important to have a personal relationship w/Christ. He will let us know if we seek Him when I am confused of such financial teachings...