Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcor

the Future of trades

since the new pices to the 4999's were announced alot of controversy begun around PS.
some dont wanto to sell CC's anymore, thers dont accpet 2499's as payment, and 999 items are beggining to be more rare everyday.
we cant know if there is gonna be a new 15,000 new item after april 8, untill one week before at the spoilers... with what are we gonna make trades?
I just hope Playfish isnt banishing up all the trade items so we have no choice rather than quiting trades or excahnging items with cc's...

what do you think the future of the trdes will be?

Mangoberri wrote:
Maybe we'll use MB's or simply trade one item with another item.

that's what i as thinking too.

but why would PF do this? TOF is full of trades too just like everybody else. if they get rid of all the ways we trade, i think they would be shooting themselves in the foot and i think they are a little too smart for that! we'll see...

and another question pops out

Do you think the Red Bubble Chairs and the Princess Bed will become a rare Item after they remove it form shops?

I mean everybody will be selling almost all of them, they migh extinct... lol
and do you think they'll get expensive like the fox plushie or so?

Mangoberri wrote:
I think it'll just be like the old jukes/lips Smile

yes.. that is what i was thinking... i guess i'll save a few, just for collection

I will be completely honest here and say that since this whole thing happened, I have not felt too terribly inclined to trade at all. It just seems to have lost some of it's flavor and to me has dried up. I don't know how it was after the jukes/lips thing happened, but I do know that having been an active trader over the past months, I haven't really felt too inclined to let go of the things I have, whether CCs, 4999s or 999s.

When Playfish was bought some months ago, a mod from the official forum hinted that there may be an in game trading tops all the expect in the future. Perhaps all these changes that we had been seeing are the initial steps for their plan.

Fálcor wrote:

Do you think the Red Bubble Chairs and the Princess Bed will become a rare Item after they remove it form shops?

i dont think that!!!!!i believe that they will have the luck of old lips and old jukes!!!!!!!!nobody want them cause everybody have them!!!!!prices of them are not high!!!!
im so sad cause i have many 4999s and dont know what to do with them

and maybe they'll add some other expensive items to the shops to trade with them... thought of that?

Maybe they will trade for some items they want, or some will trade with 2 game. Like in CS we sell something for PS. Like I am selling dishes we cook in PS for Petling food.

quite honestly I think it will still be beds and chairs as there are so many of them around, but instead of something costing say 2 x 4999 it will now be 4 x 24999 ..same cost just more items ...

But how will we trade with 2499 items cause they are at clearence sale.

yeah i know sweetie but some people have lots of them already. I intend to sell some of mine when the price goes back up for 2 weeks ...but will keep some for trading with also

esperia wrote:
Fálcor wrote:

i dont think that!!!!!i believe that they will have the luck of old lips and old jukes!!!!!!!!nobody want them cause everybody have them!!!!!prices of them are not high!!!!
im so sad cause i have many 4999s and dont know what to do with them

i understand were you're going, but many of us are gonna sell most of them on march 25 through april 8, and not so many are gonna left behind.
honestly i dont really like them alot, not sure if i wanted to buy them if i where a new member that join PS after they disappear

There had been some speculation that 3333s may be the next currency,however since PF is removing all items costing more than 10k, this may not realize.

I honestly believe that PF is trying to kill all trades. They had said that they are discouraging trades, and if we will observe their decisions recently, it is exactly what they are doing.

Sadly, EA, the company who had bought PF some months ago, is notorious for making their players spend on real money for the game.

you surprise me Ewoks... you are so smart. how do you know all this things. you should open a PS history thread lol
all you say is so intriguing, why would they want to kill trades? If they are wanting us to spend more real money all they have to do is quit the buy as a gift option on the cash items, dont you think? i mean, what will happen to all the new members that didnt get past items, how will they do that.
I've been spending more and more real money on playfish the last few weeks with all the secret rooms and all that stuff, so i guess it has worked for them... but how are we gonna get all the past items that we didnt get a chance to buy in stores?
playfish is making alot of mistakes if you aske me

Some people are going to get mad at my reply to this,I frankly don't care.I think some people get out of hand when it comes to trades and their prices.I have even felt so bad for some that I give items to several. I don't give to those that beg. I think trading item for item is a good idea at times.We all trade for profit at times,but some people get way out of hand and take advantage of others.

maybe I see it wrong,maybe not.This site is not as bad as others and that's why I hang around here.Those that went wild with prices and trading crazy for foxes,were the reason most likely for what has happened.

just my very honest opinion
hugs
Kathy

i really wish that we could go back to the days where we just traded GMB's Sad it was a lot simpler then and people could afford items

Gaiamaiden wrote:
i really wish that we could go back to the days where we just traded GMB's Sad it was a lot simpler then and people could afford items

that is what several of us do privately

i remember when we wanted an item from a MB we just traded 3xGMBs for it! Simply and easy, BRING THOSE DAYS BACK!

i wasnt a PS fan at that time, but that really sounds more simple and less expensive... i think it that will be a great idea

To be completely honest, I never really could be a hard core trader. I hear that people really want an item and I can't help but want to give it to them. Especially since I know that they really are kind people and work hard for it.

I would say that between 95-99.995 percent of the time, I have only traded for something to get something to either gift another player or to buy in shop coins so I could gift something. I have not always traded for me. There are things I would like to have, but the world doesn't come to an end if I don't have it. So long as the game is fun, then I am happy.

I guess one of the reasons I was never trading at TOF was because I didn't trust the site or the ethics of the people there. I like being able to buy more mystery boxes, and the 4999s helped in that capacity, but hoarding stuff, or stockpiling items isn't happening with me.

Gaiamaiden wrote:
i remember when we wanted an item from a MB we just traded 3xGMBs for it! Simply and easy, BRING THOSE DAYS BACK!

why don't we start??

anyone intrested in a monster doll for 3xGMB?

I trade for itemsnd will start for Mystery eggs and boxes.

Fálcor wrote:
we should open an ONLY GMB TRADE SECTION

i just wanted to PM any of the admins about that.. had the same idea Laughing

every time some of my real life friends asks me ''where did you get this?'' ''where did you get that?'' i have to explain how i got them, what is trading, where do i trade, how do i trade, with who, what do i pay with... blahblah...

this made me create a note in notepad, that's on my desktop (only thing except my computer and recycle bin that i keep on the desktop!) with the explanation that i just copy when i need it Laughing

tweet40 wrote:
Fálcor wrote:

every time some of my real life friends asks me ''where did you get this?'' ''where did you get that?'' i have to explain how i got them, what is trading, where do i trade, how do i trade, with who, what do i pay with... blahblah...

this made me create a note in notepad, that's on my desktop (only thing except my computer and recycle bin that i keep on the desktop!) with the explanation that i just copy when i need it Laughing

why didnt i think of that before.... lol
i type everything every time Sad

Fálcor wrote:
tweet40 wrote:
Fálcor wrote:

why didnt i think of that before.... lol
i type everything every time Sad

Laughing i'd give you mine, but it's in serbian Sad

hahahahahaha.. thanks

BTW did you sent the PM to an admin?
do you think that will work?

I'm sorry but we are not having a gmb trading section

If we do this then should we also add a 999 trading section and a 4999 trading section?

It would also mean a lot more duplicate posts due to members adding their items to both trading sections as well as mods constanly having to move threads to their correct place...and what would happen to members who have large shops and sell smaller items for gmbs and larger items for 4999's?

I appreciate your ideas but I'm afraid this one is not really workable

I have to agree with Lea everyone, but please dont stop offering your ideas congratulations we love to get imput from all of you!

Right now I'm in a kind of denial about the whole 4999s going away and the price changing.... Really disappointing. I'm sure things will go for different prices and as long as there are items that are this week sales, or rares there will still be trading. 999s just take a lot longer to save up for more expensive items.... Back to denial for me!

I THINK TRADING OF AN ITEM TO ANOTHER ITEM WILL BE A GOOD OPTION Smile

THanks Lisa por replying Smile
i didnt think about that,, you are so right.
will just have to wait after april 8 to see what happens.
in my opinion, back tto GMB is a great idea

kasijab wrote:
yeah i know sweetie but some people have lots of them already. I intend to sell some of mine when the price goes back up for 2 weeks ...but will keep some for trading with also

aw man, i didnt know that the price will go back up! i sold a couple of few for some cash Ashamed opps