Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Oh bother! :/

My husband just came home from work. It's three in the afternoon. Very strange,

He lost his job and this is no April fools joke. I don't know what is going to happen, but we have been half expecting this to happen, and so it doesn't really come as a surprise to me.

He's been at the company 11 years today, and today he lost his job. That means we will not be staying in this crummy town where my asthma doesn't like it and he will be going through a job transfer thing. It looks like we are going to move out of the area and maybe get a place in the north. Now it's a given, I won't buy anything that this company puts out, but my husband was so not happy with the job, things can only get better. Maybe his tinnitus will finally get better.

I've always been one who can handle change, but wow this beats all.

What's coming next I wonder.

Pastures new can sometimes be much greener

Yvette, I'm sure you and Sven will be happy together wherever you live, and there is a job with his name on it just waiting to be found

Yes indeed. He's a very smart guy and I know that he will overcome all of this. I personally think that he needs a break from it all.

This must has been a big news, but if your husband was unhappy with what he was doing, he'll be happier somewhere else. Doing a job that let you unsatisfied is really frustrating in my opinion! So in a kind of way, the things will be better!
And the important thing is that you are by his side!

A big hug to you!

Wow Yvette...I am sorry to hear that, but sounds like it is all going to end up for the better! I agree with Chiaretta and Kasi as long as you and your hubby have each other you can make it through anything..... Big Hugs and Love

Thanks Dawn. Yeah, I agree and it may actually bring about the dream of buying a little house somewhere else. This area is very expensive, and it doesn't really benefit us to stay here.

Best of Luck to you guys on your new journey....please keep us updated!!

Aww Yvette. I believe that things happen for a reason. Maby something is telling you that you need to move on and make a frest start for your own health and happiness?

I know where ever you live and whatever happens, You and your hubby will be really happy because you have eachother.

Wish you the best of luck.

Thanks you guys. It's sort of a weird feeling. We were just talking yesterday about the prospect of moving and maybe buying a new kitchen. It's weird how karmic some of these conversations have been.

That's all we can do. I'm going to call it a night and finish decorating for Easter. Suddenly the holiday has lost a little bit of it's appeal. Hopefully by Sunday our spirits will be heightened.

I sense that my husband is disappointed and a bit worried, but what can one do besides move on?

Wow, Yvette, so sorry to hear that, i really do hope that things get better as you said, everything happens for a reason, and perhaps we dont know the reason yet, but it will show after all.
hope you are all right

Oh hun...

I know its hard but I think you are dealing with this in the best way you possibly can...by trying to see the positive and looking to the future.

I hope this turns out to be a blessing in disguise, and if you do decide to move, just make sure its somewhere you hav internet access or I will come and hunt you down

Hugs to you xxx

Aww sweethear! I'm very sorry about bthis devasting news! We all love you here! So don't worry about a single thing! We are here for you sweetie... x

MeganBoutique98
BIGkisses! x

Im sure things will work out somehow hun Smile bad things always come with with something good Smile you are truely a nice person and i believe everything will be fine Smile xxx

What a day you've had Yvette. I wish the best for you and your husband. I'm sure the future will be good to you, and your husband will find something he enjoys doing. Even as this maybe a blessing in disguise (trying to look positive for you, not be rude), I imagine it is quite a difficult situation for the both of you especially being at the company for quite an extensive period of time. Sending big hugs and prayers that everything will work out and both your husband and yourself find strength in finding new possibilities and where this road will take you.

Gaiamaiden wrote:
Im sure things will work out somehow hun Smile bad things always come with with something good Smile you are truely a nice person and i believe everything will be fine Smile xxx

Wow thank you so muchh cupcakeess! Don't worry hunn! x

Many people have lost theirs jobs due to economic bigtrouble, my brother lost his job some while ago, it was not easy to find the correct words to make him feel better
I told him,just think this is a great chance of a new beginning, besides, it will be temporary and you will have time for doing what you like, enjoyng some tv programs, reading, it will be like short vacations

I know its hard Tiddly but after a storm ,sun always rise

Good morning everyone.

Yes, last night was a strange night. Sven didn't sleep so well, he kept waking up. He told me that 80 people were laid off yesterday and I am guessing that there will be more. This company seems to thrive on downsizing. Before this, my husband was working like a slave, putting in more overtime because he was taking up the slack for people who had been laid off before him.

It's a sad state of affairs with companies here. It will also be even harder for those who remian, as they will have to take up the work of those who were laid off. In a way, that is a blessing in disguise, but still, to lose one's job just before a holiday is a blow...a very low blow.

It is a blessing in disguise,I just know it.It may be hard at 1st ,but better things are yet to come!

You're a wonderful woman and I am so lucky to have you as a friend.Your husband is the luckiest man in the world to have you for his life partner!!! Enjoy the holiday.

You're truly an angel and things will get better

I think so. Anymore the more I contemplate it, the more i realize how many parallels this has to the events in my life last November. This is a much grander scale, but it's all about people burning bridges, and wrecking havoc on those who have good hearts and intentions.

It's truly ironic that an event that I perceived to be so bad is now showing me in a very profound way that I am destined for something better. I think the same can be said for Sven. I am so proud of him, because through it all, he has held onto something vital...his integrity.

BTW, when we one day move into a small house, my husband wants to buy two bunnies. He loves them so much and having animals around has been a dream of his for some time now.

Two bunnies, and one cat. I want a big fluffy grey cat like Aberdeen (Kokonee's cat).

I love the fact that you are both looking to the future...good on ya both xx

I also believe that everything happens for a reason.

We have moved many times with my husband's job and lived in some amazing parts of the UK. I would never have had it any other way and the last time we moved it was because my husband was made redundant. We worried about it at the time and then he got another much better job here in Essex and we have loved living here.

As everyone here says you are an amazing couple and together you can make your home anywhere.

Well, here's an update on how things are going.

This morning my husband went to the Betriebsrat (that's the German word for people who are supposed to help with on the job issues as well as helping with job placement etc.). He already informed them that he had called in sick for the day and will get a form to be sick for the rest of the week. Stands to reason, he's not sleeping and is highly aggitated.

How can they expect him to work after telling him the day before Easter holidays that he's fired? It boggles my mind, seriously. Anyway, the boss just called here looking for him and I picked up the phone. Good thing I didn't know who this person was, otherwise I would have probably made some offhand remark about heartless companies doing mass layoffs the day before a happy holiday like Easter. Mad

Anyway, my husband told the person in a very deadpan voice that he was sick and would not be in for the week. They told him he was still employed there until the end of this month, but seriously how can anyone even expect high productivity or positive work morale when they have unemployment looming on the horizon once the month is out?

It totally boggles the mind!!!!