Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
toycarsmy

What if: I'm Hot Wheels marketing Manager

I would:-

1. Open a website on Mattel.com to let registered users vote and click the cars they would most likely want. Like there is a giant check box on which car they are planning to get and how many. Also do the same for MB.

That way I can gauge how many cars to pack in each wave (or how many cars to underpack to screw the customers.. ok just joking) lol!

2. Each case shall have 2 T-hunts, whereby both Regular or 1 regular 1 Super. The ratio would be 50:50.

3. Give the discount to the 2008 cars to clear stock (Litt Tak, do take note also)

4. Have more promotions like in 7-11 last time

5. BRING IN THE FERRARI 5-pack Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

6. BRING IN MATCHBOX BEST OF INTERNATIONAL/BEST OF MUSCLE/BEST OF BRITISH SERIES

7. Have a competition to see our own Hot Wheels factory in Malaysia!! affraid

8. Reduce the card size like those sold in Europe to save cost

9.Have special promotion with car makers (buy a Civic, get a HW Civic, too bad only Tomica got the latest Honda Civic, or buy an Evo X get an Evo X? Exclamation , test drive EVO X get 1 free LE HW Evo X? man I should post in the tomica thread)

10. get more japanese makes

I would let Malaysia share the same cars as US market..And sort out the wave properly. I mean, what's the point of having 12 TH when u're not doing it once a month..

I would definitely take the very first flight out to check the very next Convention!! Very Happy hehehe

Then I would go to ALL charity/orphanage and go in with a HUGE red bag like Santa hehehe..the Look on their faces...Priceless!!!

Rayz-HWC wrote:
Then I would go to ALL charity/orphanage and go in with a HUGE red bag like Santa hehehe..the Look on their faces...Priceless!!!

Last time we did talk something about that, with this club thingy i think someday we can make it happen.

Undercover,

Good Point. Please open a thread on this for the upcoming activity, details to be discussed later.

toycarsmy wrote:
Undercover,

Good Point. Please open a thread on this for the upcoming activity, details to be discussed later.

Maybe not now few things we get it done first so all not rushed. Coming up with new designs including shirt all that, then handing out our 'customs'.. then we'll go for charity.

i would let people purchase online the car that they want with retail price. so no more fighting over hunt. Very Happy

kukubeh wrote:
i would let people purchase online the car that they want with retail price. so no more fighting over hunt. Very Happy

The 'fighthing' is only matter of how one view and act about it, if one takes it positively 'fighting over the hunts' can be a good thing. Refer to my reply in hwcm feedback thread my opinion if everything made by hotwheels all equal opportunity to get them.

for me it would be have only reg t-hunt with super hunt wheels like they used to be .. than we won't need to fight for the super thunt...

it would also be nice to have a world car collection. A car for every country that would reflect the car industry or uses in that particular country. But Malaysia car sure no one buy coz who would pay RM5.90 for a Proton Saga ... lol

Singapore would be Toyota Corolla like most other countries ....

enyomic wrote:
for me it would be have only reg t-hunt with super hunt wheels like they used to be .. than we won't need to fight for the super thunt...

it would also be nice to have a world car collection. A car for every country that would reflect the car industry or uses in that particular country. But Malaysia car sure no one buy coz who would pay RM5.90 for a Proton Saga ... lol

Singapore would be Toyota Corolla like most other countries ....

I know I would, if got Waja, Savvy, Gen2, Persona HWs sure I buy one. In fact that's the same reason I buy the Tomica toyota Passo.

i will come out with new series. call 'Malaysia Car Series'

then 'Malaysia Car Series II', after that,

'Proton Saga Series'
1. 1985 Saga
2. Saga Iswara
3. Saga LMST
4. Saga BLM

then release Savvy T-HUNT

Super TH reduce to 1 per 2k cars produce
TH increase to 5 per 100 cars
will hire Mattel personnel at each store selling HW
no crappy model anymore

open Mattel outlet selling Mattel products only
and so on..

If i am Hot Wheels Marketing manager, i would work my way up to CEO and then.....

I would make/declare all the T-hunts and make them available only from charitable organization. All the cash sold is for the individual charities that i allocate those T-hunts for. Super T-hunts are sold at year end ballots also for charities. So in the end there is no T-hunt for everyboy to fight over for. No Israel - Palestine conflict in Hot wheels collectors community.

The lashback at my policies? All T-hunts from previous years would appreciate in value very highly. They won't be cheap anymore. All new T-hunts would be even more valuable as its only available through a charity. But they can order as much variant and units that they need, but must auction off all the stocks for their organizational funds. More rules and regulation for such things to fend off speculators. I'm Bernie Ecelstone + Bill Gates of Hot Wheels liao. hahaha.

dear netmatrix.

i was jin discussion wit the board members recently and we have a charity event in plan.

the first event will be a visit to an orphanage...

depending on how tat goes,

a charity car will be produced by us n sold to members with proceeds going directly to a selected charity.

i would collect back those dragtor from Jusco, C4, Tesco and all other place and then give to charity... Razz

Quote :
dear netmatrix.

i was jin discussion wit the board members recently and we have a charity event in plan.

the first event will be a visit to an orphanage...

depending on how tat goes,

a charity car will be produced by us n sold to members with proceeds going directly to a selected charity.

That would be great! A first step for HWCM. If could come up with limited edition never to be issued off the rack stuff would be great. Just like those Comic Con edition comics or Auto Salon version of Tomicas. Now wonder how deep members or non members would have to acquire such cars.

Everyone has Great ideas...But would they work

I say

#1 Drop The Treasure Hunt Line...It would bing out the true collectors
#2 Randomly insert cars with Rubber wheels
example like (2009 Dream Garage Viper Coupe) w/ RR's
thats a chase car..
#3 I like the Vote on what cars should be issued in Next years line-up
#4 Change colors once on a few cars Not ever Dam car
#5 maybe randon insertion on Zamac Cars another Chase car
#6 Have 1/4 year Mail-in Mystery car In Baggies Like before $1.50 -to $2.00 each
#7 Have a contest where a HWC Member could win a Chance to
..Pick a car ..Choose Paint ..and tampo with their name on it
#8 Drop Most of those High end cars (lLarry's garage,Cop Rods,state cars)
...Because almost every series fails...last 6-8 never come out
#9 make K-mart Cars Very special With a K Tampo on them
#10...Rest,,,,whew..... affraidShockedlol!