Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wonger

Raping The Cars Without Tearing

Sorry. Title is very notti. Very Happy Anyhow, here's my question:

What is the best possible way to tear open the cars from the card in the hopes that they can be reattached later, if possible.

Regards,
Wonger

You can use acetone behing the cardboard, like nail polish remover with acetone.
The glue between the blister and the cardboard will disolve and you'll have the car without any rips.
And you can use white glue that dries colorless to put the blister back on the card.

Hmm, some will cut the back of the card, some will make a nice tear at part of the blister.

using acetone wont spoil the card colour?

hokuan wrote:
Hmm, some will cut the back of the card, some will make a nice tear at part of the blister.

using acetone wont spoil the card colour?

No because you apply the acetone on the back of the card. It will only desolve the glue.
I got that tip from a customizer who uses that method of opening in order to re-seal the customs in their original blister. But you still have to go carefully, using cotton swab (aka Q-tips).

why not u M.J open a D.I.Y threads......... want to see how's the result is........

the result....done in few minutes.safety first.wear gloves.apply acetone on the back of the card.

nice................... so it's proven...and what happened to the back of the card

wow...nice trick, by the way, what is acetone? sorry if my question quite @#$% hehe, i'm a new collector here...

Nothing happen on the back...let it dry by itself.acetone is a chemical like thinner (senang cakap la...) bt it not too strong.im not sure if kdai hardwre sell it.

oic...like thinner ke?so can we use thinner??,n which shop sell acetone ek?wanna try la Razz

aiyaa~ my small experiment failed.. huhuu~ probably nail polish remover not strong enough.. =(

Caution!never ever use thinner...thinner too strong, it will eat the plastic.

YU5H wrote:
why not u M.J open a D.I.Y threads......... want to see how's the result is........

Dumb question of the day: what's a D.I.Y. ?? I'm French-speaking and I don't know that acronym!! Embarassed

As for acetone or nail polish remover (make sure it contains acetone, some don't!!), if I remember, you need to soak it...I'll have to check out again Joe's diecast shack...I'm sure the info is there........

bakrul wrote:
Caution!never ever use thinner...thinner too strong, it will eat the plastic.

waaa goshhhh...nasib baik x guna lagi hehe MadMadMad

I saw that our local hardware store, ACE hardware sells that brand 'Ooops'.

You really have to use alot of the acetone. I use a Q-tip or cotton ball to apply. And you might have to do it accouple of times before the glue releases good.

thanks M.J.. it's not a silly question. if dont know just ask.. no 1 will bite u... huhuhuhu