Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

Share your hw hunting stories..

The UcB Did It Again

As the story goes.. thanks to our playa mushroom's pointer on forum last night, earlier this morning the undercover headed to this newly opened store somewhere not really that close to undercover's hideout (it seems UcB's past few haulages relies heavily on other playaz tips, is he losing his huntin' mojo or what). And so he managed to defeat other playaz (just to make this story sounds cool cause there's no 'other playaz' at first place, but managed to bump with playa Wrestlemania and abang beruang later on) and satisfy himself with few regs and completion of Race World team. Well maybe not that satisfied cause yeah, of course UcB is aware 'the real thing' is no longer there, yeah i have the idea what went through before gate opens but no worries it wasn't really a big deal that we need to playa hate, 'warn' Mattel, contemplating retirement and all (just because i'm not the one scoring that Super). But anyway, that's not the point of this story..

As UcB walked out of cashier place he immediately saw huge pile of.. yeah Giant's RM1.29 Ramly burgers. Made 2 days ago or what, you can't go wrong with Ramly burger. So without further ado, 2 chicken burger, nearby bench and burger feast in the middle of the store, while speaking to Rayz on the phone! (for those who didn't know you score Treasure Hunts in Malaysia at Rayz's mercy, you are bound to report your progress to the Hotwheels grand taiko, and if he or Demonicle unaware what you're up to that is tantamount to treachery against the great HWCM club, newbies take note).

Congratulations UcB, you just made the shopping crowd shakehead watching you eat during another episode of your hunting, again.

p/s - just playin' with ya on that Rayz part, please dont send another letter to Mattel reporting shady dealings behind that Hotwheels Friday gang members and whatnot.

undercoverbrother wrote:
The UcB Did It Again

As the story goes.. thanks to our playa mushroom's pointer on forum last night, earlier this morning the undercover headed to this newly opened store somewhere not really that close to undercover's hideout (it seems UcB's past few haulages relies heavily on other playaz tips, is he losing his huntin' mojo or what). And so he managed to defeat other playaz (just to make this story sounds cool cause there's no 'other playaz' at first place, but managed to bump with playa Wrestlemania and abang beruang later on) and satisfy himself with few regs and completion of Race World team. Well maybe not that satisfied cause yeah, of course UcB is aware 'the real thing' is no longer there, yeah i have the idea what went through before gate opens but no worries it wasn't really a big deal that we need to playa hate, 'warn' Mattel, contemplating retirement and all (just because i'm not the one scoring that Super). But anyway, that's not the point of this story..

As UcB walked out of cashier place he immediately saw huge pile of.. yeah Giant's RM1.29 Ramly burgers. Made 2 days ago or what, you can't go wrong with Ramly burger. So without further ado, 2 chicken burger, nearby bench and burger feast in the middle of the store, while speaking to Rayz on the phone! (for those who didn't know you score Treasure Hunts in Malaysia at Rayz's mercy, you are bound to report your progress to the Hotwheels grand taiko, and if he or Demonicle unaware what you're up to that is tantamount to treachery against the great HWCM club, newbies take note).

Congratulations UcB, you just made the shopping crowd shakehead watching you eat during another episode of your hunting, again.

p/s - just playin' with ya on that Rayz part, please dont send another letter to Mattel reporting shady dealings behind that Hotwheels Friday gang members and whatnot.

I don't get most of the story. But i do get that you will wallop 2 day old burger even if it is dry as bone. And god knows if little treasure hunts are growing on them.

netmatrix wrote:
I don't get most of the story. But i do get that you will wallop 2 day old burger even if it is dry as bone. And god knows if little treasure hunts are growing on them.

UcB is Malay. I hope that helps.

undercoverbrother wrote:
netmatrix wrote:

UcB is Malay. I hope that helps.

lol...rezeki bulan puasa....

Then the story is even more harder to understand. Whats the relation to them 2 day old burger? The mystery deepens..... hahaha

netmatrix wrote:
Then the story is even more harder to understand. Whats the relation to them 2 day old burger? The mystery deepens..... hahaha

Aiyah how old is the burger isn't really point of the story, i myself have no idea how old the burger just made up that number, all we know coming from Giant food section don't expect it to be fresh as those roadside stall make when order ones.

Totally forgotten you're fasting today in fasting month is already a fail, being Malay dude happily eating burgers openly in public somemore in the middle of huge crowd warming the newly opened store is definitely epic fail.

undercoverbrother wrote:
netmatrix wrote:

Aiyah how old is the burger isn't really point of the story, i myself have no idea how old the burger just made up that number, all we know coming from Giant food section don't expect it to be fresh as those roadside stall make when order ones.

Totally forgotten you're fasting today in fasting month is already a fail, being Malay dude happily eating burgers openly in public somemore in the middle of huge crowd warming the newly opened store is definitely epic fail.

so if caught no one can fine you and that big time munchin burgers....

wildspirit wrote:
undercoverbrother wrote:
netmatrix wrote:

so if caught no one can fine you and that big time munchin burgers....

What a confession of a hauler

Atomkinder wrote:
I've got almost story last year...
I was in between Kuala Selangor and Tg Karang for some job, there's was like two 7E there.
(that's what I saw, anymore or less I am not sure)
First stop, nothing. Second stop, I looked at the cars...wow, new cars!
And I asked for the case. This tiny elderly lady wearing tudung was so friendly and she gladly take out the case and let me search.
As I was going through the case, she asked... "You collector ka?"
"Ya" I replied, continue searching. "You ada banyak kereta ke?" she asked again.
"Ya" again I replied..... keep searching... "Dah lama ke you collect?" She asked.
"Ya, lama" again and searching... then she dropped the bomb on me.
She said..."I COLLECTOR jugak! I dah ambik tu Thunt No.8 Boneshaker, tengok..."
She showed me $uper Boneshaker opened in her tiny hands. SHE'S A GENUINE collector la Shocked
In my mind I was like @#$%^& say so earlier.

When Atom mentioned this in another thread just remembered there's another 'UcB hunting tales' to share with y'all.

And so, this was during one of 7E huntin' season one year back (Fire Eater / BS round). It's already late in midnight when UcB was doing his 7E round towards Kapar, mind you this isn't really my convenient territory to hit as Kapar itself is well, pretty far from where UcB stays undercover. And i'm totally alone. Finished off that radius and time to head back home, but happen that i didn't stay on right road but heading opposite direction instead. I told myself look, a true playa never walk out of the game, just follow the whisper in your ear probably you'll end up in some new 7E's ahead who knows. And so UcB decided not to turn back, though he seriously has no clue where he's heading to.

Long road ahead, finally saw the first 7E at side of the road. I think i picked up reg Fire Eater there but don't matter anyway cause i was only desperate for Super that time, asked the kakak there and she said just keep going straight on there's another 7E. Another long drive, second 7E. Same thing, get direction from kakak there, another long drive and finally reach third one. By the time i'm already lost and confused, cause even before Kapar already spent hours hunting elsewhere. Now this kakak told me maybe i can try another one, keep going straight until there's traffic light then turn right. So i thought lucky next 7E possibly not world's apart like previous stores. Adehh.. turn out that's not the case.

Reach the place i straight away grab the yellow DD (already this far just take lah) and told the kakak "Saya satu hari ni jalan-jalan cari Hotwheels, dah tak nak tau mana lagi ada 7E lepas ni, dah lewat sangat nak balik rumah sekarang, cuma nak tanya akak satu je.." "Saya ni sebenarnya kat mana?"

"Tempat ni nama SEKINCHAN" Hah? Then only i just realized i just made accidental trip to Kuala Selangor, Tg Karang, and Sekinchan, and now have to drive all the way back home, alone. Sien!

And btw this FE /BS 7E promo will always be remembered as UcB's most suwey hunting round ever. Imagine out of.. let's just say ALOT of 7E's i tried and most outlets fortunate enough to made it first, i still end up with zero Supers. Whereas that particular very few stores that i've missed gave away 2 Super Bone Shakers to 2 lucky playaz who just happen to be there at right time (not 'competing' for it). And thanks to story Atomkinder shared above, now i know i missed 3 Super Bone Shakers lol. I remember Kuala Selangor was reg Fire Eater too, i believe the one you went is Tg. Karang.

Just your luck at that time. I did go hauling in a group for that wave but when I went alone, scored 1 $uper FE/1 reg BS after hitting 4 stores.

My hunting experience at Japan-Akihabara last Sunday.
Lucky to visit the flea market on street.
After grabbing Japan Fan Club Barracuda Funny Car (800yen), loose '93 mongoose, vintage Tomy white Skyline (grey box with just number 7th and car picture) & loose blue Fuji Television Skyline GT-R. The total was 3,700yen based on my self calculation but the seller (an old man) told me 2,500yen (less 1,200yen~RM48.00), what??? I looked at him and asked, "Sure?". He replied, "Yes". Then, I brought up around 3,000yen (happily) and suddenly he said,"Oh...no no no, my wrong, it is 3,700yen". Hahaha...really thought he gave me 30% discount, hahaha.

At same stall, also saw lots of old Corgi, Matchbox, Tomica, etc.
I saw some old boxes Matchbox & an old card (with box) white Lamborghini Countach...hai...I didn't bring much cash, sigh.
Anyhow, overall, it was a great haul still.

sinclair wrote:
Not enough cash, take out the plastic. Razz

hahaha....yes, good idea lol!

Another funny story happened when I was paying my $ at KLIA airport for 2 GTX1 reg (recent haul).
I reminded the staff, "Bang, jaga-jaga ya...". Before completed my reminder, he dropped 1 of the GTX1 reg affraid
After he took the card from the floor, I quickly took back and checked, luckily no harm to the card.
I said, "Jaga-jaga, bang. Jangan kasi bengkok ya".
He replied, "Kalau rosak, saya ganti balik model yang sama dekat sana la".
I hold my laughter and said,"Kalaulah saya boleh jumpa kereta yang sama...takpe lah, packaging masih elok".
But, the staff did apologize for the accident.

Time to share the hunting experience again esp for 7-E promo.

Well, reflecting the scenario for 7-E promo while I jst started die-cast collection since last Aug'09...hmmm...it still the same, members are really going all out to hunt down the nice models out there whenever there is new wave, promo, sale, etc.

Dropped by a 7-E, the staff said "Banyak orang datang dan tanya ya...anda semua memang fanatic ya...".
I shocked by the word fanatic...by the time I wanna react, I stopped by a few secs...I replied "Ya...kita memang fanatic", hahaha.
Well, keep on hauling!!!

Hahaha...whatever it is, basically hunting was fun, hahaha.

Happy thing was
- we are the first to arrive.
- we are the first to open the case.
- we are the first to score $uper or Reg or nice models.
- somebody accidentally/intentionally left the nice models Razz
Sad thing was
- somebody arrived earlier to open the case.
- no nice models eventhough we are the first to open the case.

But, anyhow, this is the fun and thrill of hunting...

i just go in there.. yell ''hotwheels and your body woman".. get the loot and give lil sometin2 to the chica.. . then just leave without payin... u can check out my huntin antics on the "caught on camera" series - when collectors go wild s&M edition.. Cool .. now thats a real hunter in action.. mau percaya or tidak itu u punya suka aitt... pirat

hassan wrote:
i just go in there.. yell ''hotwheels and your body woman".. get the loot and give lil sometin2 to the chica.. . then just leave without payin... u can check out my huntin antics on the "caught on camera" series - when collectors go wild s&M edition.. Cool .. now thats a real hunter in action.. mau percaya or tidak itu u punya suka aitt... pirat

Ba na na. teringat bila dapat pegang mini cooper.

This is not my own story, but happen the fellow hwcm playa during latest 7e round, just too good not to tell, anyway here's how it goes..

He entered this one 7E, and allowed to go through the case. And he noticed 'lubang' here and there. And then the 7E dude (or sis?) opened his mouth.. "Sini ada satu Cina memang setiap kali datang sini, dan dia suruh simpan yang hijau-hijau tu". "Tapi kali ni ada dua lah!". Our homie asked mind if he have a look, the 7E dude agrees and jeng jeng jeng, reg and super Shelby! And so he asked would it be good if he just buy one of it. The staff like, "Tapi.. hah takpalah lagipun ada dua".. And our homie walks away with Super Shelby in hand. Sekian, terima kasih.

Moral of the story - Don't be a playa hater, get ur @ss to the hunting ground.

Today: location , few meters only, time 8.00am.
Bangla: Hotwheels ..err not received (register to system)wait for manager 9.00am came.
Me: New Hotwheels got?
Bangla: Yes, pointing to blue container

2 nd episode continue: time 6.20pm
Me: Where the new Hotwheels
Same Bangla: No new Hotwheels..
Me: This morning you said you got. You said you will wait your manager to received
Same Bangla: What time you come
Me: This morning I asking you at 8am
Same Bangla: No ... I come work at afternoon
Me: What..@#4&***** * *****@@%&*
Same bangla: Not me
Me: @#4&***** * *****@@%&*

I got a story to share .....

A few months back, I was at my regular Toys R Us waiting for the staff to stock check before letting me go through the fresh cases. The staff told me politely to come back half an hour later.

Half an hour later I came back and found the boxes have been gone through. I ask the staff and he said some guy came and just went through the case. She already informed him that the stuff are not to be touched and she promised to let someone(me) to go through. The guy just ignore her and dive in the boxes.

How cheeky this guy was that he took all the treasure hunt and not leaving me even one. 10 cases man. And the best thing I found out later was this guys was a fellow collector I know that he SMS me and brag his find. How piss off I was.

Than weeks later, the same store manager told me that many collectors are complaining that they could not get any stuff. I thought the manager was saying me but he clarify that there were a few collectors including that collector I know was going through the cases and leaving lots of cars of the rack without any Treasure Hunts at all. This few collectors just grab the Treasure Hunts they want and leave the rest for people.

Thinking back, I used to be like that but recently I have not been to my regular store due to work commitment and feedback from some collectors that they have hit the stores and took the Treasure Hunt or complain that there were no Treasure Hunt in the box. I'm like what the hell you guys are complaining about.

If you have a Treasure Hunt you will brag in front of my face and if there is none you will complain to me. I think I should give up looking for Treasure Hunt and let this guys enjoy or suffer with their find. I think maybe I will just buy a Treasure Hunt if I see it and not to hunt on purpose for it.

To this closet Singapore collectors .... enjoy your hunting..... less me to fight with you guys.

This TH really made some ppl lunatic, fanatic, funatic, and so on...hahaha.

Anyhow, Enyo bro, pls don't stop hunting yo. Cheers!

musclemania wrote:

That's a few months back, now ok his coming down to mcd this week ok ke

sahama wrote:
musclemania wrote:

What do you mean by this Sahama? Please try to phrase your sentence in a way everyone can understand. What does not looking for Treasure Hunt got to do with coming to mcd?

enyomic wrote:
sahama wrote:
musclemania wrote:

What do you mean by this Sahama? Please try to phrase your sentence in a way everyone can understand. What does not looking for Treasure Hunt got to do with coming to mcd?

Well, like this. I was hoping that you are in a positive mood to come down to KL this weekend cos i got some stuff order from you. Now I am in KL for the whole week.. Probably join friends at Dean/mcd and Amcorp on weekend, ok.

Now I understand. Will be coming down only on 12 december. C u then

Can't wait to see the "tapau haul" hunting experience during 7-E promo and Giant restock...hehehe. Make sure you don't leave something precious behind, hahaha.
Good luck, guys!

Just came back from hunting at Shanghai Parkson Grand, here is the story...
When seeing the 5-pack Gotham City, I grabbed it and at the same time, I saw Tomica in another section just few metres in front. When I was about to move, the sales promoter stopped me. She stopped me from taking away the 5-pack. I asked the reason. She said that the toy cars shall remain on the peg, cannot be brought away from the peg to other peg which is different brand.
Culture shock! Hahaha.

Same case happened where I was holding the 2 Tomica EVOs (my recent haul thread) and to go to HW peg to get my 5-pack Gotham City, I was stopped by the Tomica sales promoter, hahaha.

Finally, I ended up paying 2 separate bills for HW and Tomica at the cashier counter, hahaha.

After paying for the cars, I intended to go another round to look for others but I was asked to leave by the sales promoter. Just when I wanna react, I looked around...wondering why nobody except me at that time? And when I looked at my watch, it was already 10.00pm+, hahaha. I was disturbing staffs to close shop, hahaha.

Better go back tomorrow to grab more stuff. And go earlier too so that got more time to search for hauls.

Incident 1: Some time ago, at 7-Eleven Selayang. I was looking at HWs on the pegs, but nothing new. So I asked the cashier:

Me: Bang, Hot Wheels ni xde stock baru ke bang?
Cashier: Mane saye tau, saye x main la mainan2 ni... hahaha..
Me: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!! (inside voice). What i actually said: Oh.. ok..

Incident 2: Mesra shop besides Brem Mall.

Me: (walk to counter with 4 TH in hand, 2 Caddy, 2 shelby daytona, put on the counter)
Cashier 1 to Cashier 2: (with worried and x puas hati face) betul ke ni kak...
Cashier 2 to Cashier 1: betul la tu... (i also dunno what they were actually talking about)
Cashier 1 to Cashier 2: tapi T-Hunt semua ni...
Cashier 2 to Cashier 1: takpe takpe... (scan the prices) Semua RM34.50.
Me: (Wallet only have RM35, ngam2. Hand over cash)
Cashier 2: Terima kasih.
As I was about to leave...
Cashier 2: (without looking at me) U ambil semua saye punye ek... Jahat la u ni...
Me: (dunno what to say. cos dunno if she was talking to me or what. if she looked at me while talking, i would've given 2 of the TH to her, since she's kinda cute.. Razz)......

danny_sp15 (Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:30 pm) wrote:
..since she's kinda cute

Silap besar lah you reveal sini, ramai jejaka gersang hwcm berkeliaran kat sini.. esok lusa tengok lah berapa playaz ngaku diri mereka 'hunters' mundar-mandir kat tempat tu.

Jejaka gersang, hahaha...... lol!

Takper, saya dah ada Hayley Williams, hehehe

undercoverbrother (Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:50 pm) wrote:
danny_sp15 (Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:30 pm) wrote:
..since she's kinda cute

Silap besar lah you reveal sini, ramai jejaka gersang hwcm berkeliaran kat sini.. esok lusa tengok lah berapa playaz ngaku diri mereka 'hunters' mundar-mandir kat tempat tu.

bro pun playaz ka? t-shirt dah playa. Razz kalu sape2 nak kebas awek tu, silakan la... tapi nak kena rebut TH dgn awek tu la, die mcm collector gak.. hahaha Razz:

hahaha, ada jugak tayar untuk playaz.. lol! kira kalau pakai tayar ni senang la nak dapat awek... Razz

wokeh... esok nak g shopping kat mesra brem mall... aku nak bwk TH kasik kat awek tue... Cool

haha, good luck bro! pegi time petang, die keja shift petang. kasi die TH$, confirm boleh jadi awek. Razz