Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorrr

Bringing home the next project........

Bringing home the next project

The 1956 Flashsider I entered in the "Battle of the Kustomizers" comp at Chillies Diecast Corner got 2nd to a previous winner, which earned me an entry into the "2009 Battle Royal".
This is a competition where where the 21 qualifiers have 3 months to build anything they want, ie. it's a no theme wild comp.
The timing of the comp was very bad for me, I was away on holidayz for 4 weeks [Hi to all you guys I met at Amcorp ], and then had to pack up everything as we moved house a couple of weeks after returning from our trip, and this resulted in me not finding any time to start my build until 1 week before the deadline, so I had to do something that was achivable in that timeframe.
I have always loved how Hot Rodders take old wrecks and transform them into automotive art, and decided that this would be the theme for my entry:
a Hot Rodder having finished his kustom Dairy Delivery bringing home the next old rustbucket to be rescued.

There ended up being 10 entries, and I got equal 5th, I think that's pretty good for what is not much more than a couple of Milds in an Open Wild comp

The build consists of :
A Dairy Delivery wearing True Fire paint, aluminium tape for the lights and grill and wheels from a Maisto Porsche Cayenne
A Dairy Delivery with some simble bumpers and raised wheel axles, paint weathered with chipping, washes and dry brushing and wheels from a Matchbox Rubbish King
A trailer scratchbuilt from the back of a CD case and paperclips

wow
wow
Thor, that's awesome and the advatage of having an airbrush!!
lovely DD's!

Congrats on your success Thorrr!

This is really really awesome bro! I love that rustbucket effect on the DD.

Thanks for the nice comments guys Very Happy

Airbrush is great for kustomizing...... here is a cheap way to get started.....

I looked on ebay.com.my and see that they sell double action airbrush for RM99... that's a good price, but the compressors are much more expensive.

Here is the tip..... for my first airbrush I did not use a compressor, I was young and my dad got an old propane gas bottle and made a fitting for the top with 2 air valves, one was hooked up the the airbrush, and the other to a car wheel valve so that the gas bottle could be pumped up with air at the petrol station or with a bicycle pump.

not perfect but a very cheap way to get started.

wah, nice idea tho!! thanks mr thorrr!! yup, it's the compressor that keep me hesitating in owning an airbrush..
but u giving a nice idea!! thanks for sharing!!

your custom always not disappointing..great to see your custom here bro..i like it very much

this thread is gold, and i'm really feeling the DDs. congrats on the 5th placing, a decent finish considering the circumstances. :-)