Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atomkinder

HOTWHEELS SECRET DEALINGS CAUGHT ON VIDEO

Aiyaaa..... all this greed card issue. Even if the cars available on the pegs, how many would there be needed that can be enough for all? 1 place stocks up 5 box Each box may or not may not contain a green card. Even then what are any single chances of landing one? And whats worse, there are people who make it their prerogative to use a whole day in the whole week to find cars when new stocks are confirmed. what are the chances? You wanna earn those green cards? Shift to some kampung style towns. Sure can land one. Unless that kampung have collector then hard luck la.

Then i wanna ask you guys nicely la. If i buy from a guy who hoard these cars, can i have them for RM4.50, RM5.90 or RM6.50? And then you have to "kow tow" at them for their excuse that they use their effort to find them and must be rewarded?! Not talking about shipping fees. Smiling in front holding a knife at the back.

Fadli85 wrote:
atomkinder, did you try to approach that guy? If I'm in the situation I'll be a little nervous cause don't want any confrontation (judging the way he speaks loudly).
Or else, "Woi, buat apa sana? korek2 sendiri..! mailah bagi saya join sekali"

He's always busy chatting with the manager. If I confront him, sure ended up arguing one.

agree. there is no right or wrong here as i had stated previously.
it may be the same situation where one buys eggs, vegetables, etc. at pasar LOL. of course, we as consumer will try to choose the best and always gotta rush to be the earliest (not to mention kia su) so we have the chance to choose. Phone reservation may be applied too sometime, LOL, check with your mum, aunties, etc., they know better, hahaha. this is just an example la, don't take it serious, k?
so, jst live with this kinda situation since we cannot change it but more important, provided that we are not one of "those", then, I think we are the happy collectors.
think positive, practise good hunting (info sharing, etc.) and help each other in collection (refer to alfagta's mail and some others in oth post), this will make our life happier in HW collection. but, if you are able to change those "people" mindset, pls go ahead provided with no unhappy outcome.
demonicle wrote:
its an egg or chicken matter la.

u cant be 100% rite both ways

Fadli85 wrote:
Funny I've been reading this whole thread and most of you guys came out with hundreds of excuses, cheating is cheating....

Collecting HW should be from the pegs and from the pegs alone...

nuff said.

You see Fadli, i think you got the idea wrong. Read between the lines, playaz who gave their views in this thread never write simply to justify their actions, as in "hoarding cases is all good" and whatnot. In fact just because demonicle gave his strong views this, it doesn't mean it matters that much to him as he himself isn't really someone who aim for greens, fyi guys, demonicle is not a serious t-hunt collector. What's been highlighted here merely based on what we've gone through, been there done that these playaz can certainly tell, that it's always a reality one should never think they could change it. Talking bout it doesn't really mean we are the one behind it.

Let me just put it very clear, if ever Mattel somehow manage to collaborate with every single chain bringing Hotwheels to ensure nobody ever get to touch any car not on the pegs, then ME, as well as pydrummer and few dedicated hunters out there would be happiest collectors alive. Why, simple, cause we HUNT. 7E promo, we tried all 7e's we could (wait for promo to start? no big deal). Passes random shopping mall, drop by and check. Balik kampung, drop by and check. Now that would be the most ideal and 'healthy' scene of t-hunting if everyone practice the same, but you guys certainly know one thing for sure.. it won't happen.

Let's picture this, Mattel succeeded to implement 'kehendak rakyat'. Would the prob ends? Answer is a big no. There always be way for certain people to beat the system. And let's for the sake of argument say this too isn't possible, meaning 'hardworking hunters' will now reign supreme in scoring Supers. Can you guess the outcome? Yes, store insider blaming now shifted to 'these collectors'! Pydrummer now is public enemy 1#. So it all comes down to same thing, as long as one side is in disadvantage, the politics goes on..

So in thread like this, few playaz here were sincere enough to give their take, some may admit they hoarded th before, gets help and whatnot. I rather read these post than people championing themselves (don't confuse with championing the issue) cause you'll never know the hypocrites out there. At least if i know where they normally hunt i can strategize my hunting better. As for me i don't rely heavily on insiders but like demonicle can't say i don't seek help at all. But for those experienced this enough they can already tell these means nothing much to them as stores employees are never permanent, diff shift within a week, diff dept within a year. And if you stick to the 2 things i mentioned previously, nothing is reserved for you. Just like this morning i received an sms from someone (his last update being half year ago), but nothing left by the time i reach there.

And another thing i wish to point out is 'the other side of true collectors'. We're still young, energetic new collectors, feeling excited to hunt here and there and talk about it, but let's not forget the seasoned, very passionate and collect before we even know what the hell Hotwheels is. And their hunting days probably over due to other commitments, age and stuff. I have great respect for them, and i do know discussing bout it is alright, but talking so much bout what's 'right and wrong' in hunting may not be the best thing. As long as insider and greens thing doesn't go out of control everywhere i guess everything is all cool, for now.

Ai my name is mentioned.

I love your take on this UCB. Very balanced view.

But after reading all that, pydrumer has become public enemy number one....hmmm.....could be true hehheh

Well I have decided. The need to show my hauls are ended. Time to bow out graciouisly from the recent hauls scene Smile I am now master Yoda in exile on planet Dagobah.....(but I am still hauling and I still love HWCM)....

netmatrix wrote:
Then i wanna ask you guys nicely la. If i buy from a guy who hoard these cars, can i have them for RM4.50, RM5.90 or RM6.50? And then you have to "kow tow" at them for their excuse that they use their effort to find them and must be rewarded?! Not talking about shipping fees. Smiling in front holding a knife at the back.

You're right. You have to kow tow these hoarders for their hard efforts and giving inspiring speeches in forum to get 'em at retail. We do this every Friday at SS15 where newbies have to line up in front of sifus and show their appreciation to us. The latest victim being some dude called i think his name is musclemania. Then we will have short segment of "why Hotwheels at increased price is still good" during the gath. I heard they gonna use upcoming dinner as their latest indoctrination camp.

And btw Yoda is special case. You wanna his piece of hoardings at good price, he won't turn out at SS15. You gotta send ur kowtowing through postage first.

Sound like some kinda cult.......

by the way the postage is a form of kowtow......postage usually 5.70 but I charge 6 ringgit, so the 30 cent shows me your sincerity Smile

pydrumerboy wrote:
Ai my name is mentioned.

I love your take on this UCB. Very balanced view.

But after reading all that, pydrumer has become public enemy number one....hmmm.....could be true hehheh

Well I have decided. The need to show my hauls are ended. Time to bow out graciouisly from the recent hauls scene Smile I am now master Yoda in exile on planet Dagobah.....(but I am still hauling and I still love HWCM)....

Hypothetically speaking lah pydrummer! Just giving situation when no one else left to be blamed. As for your haulings pls don't stop posting 'em. Playaz need to get 'provoked' for them to step up (including me). And of course we know you don't buy multiples for the sake of buying multiples. So no prob with that.

Well UCB there will be good and bad effect.....actually your hypothesis is accurate and it can turn to fact la.....I am heeding it as a warning to myself....thats all......by the way I am getting hate mail before...hahaha

I'm one of Py's gangs liao. Because i paid him 30 cent "tea money" for some cars. hahahaha. Buta buta i joined a gang liao.

here's a true story.

i used to go to c4 klang very often. about 3 times a week.

the staff there told me that they will give a chinese dude a call whenever they get new stock. and he will come, go thru all the cases, take what he wants and PAYS them rm15-20! (depending on how many he takes)

so the staff asked me how much im willing to pay. i jus shook my head and said i don't want to pay extra.

undeterred by this, i still continued to go to the c4. knowing very well that there already was someone 'holding' the place.

i started to notice the racks getting emptier n emptier.
thats when i started going TWICE a day! and sure enuff i scored 2 2008 reg mustangs!!! ON THE RACK!

so insider or no insiders. jus put in the effort and enjoy hunting

@net - hey, that one car I charged you cheaper than retail okie....hehehe.....

@demon and enyo - agreed, thats what I said on page 2 Smile

enyomic wrote:
I will not comment anything in this topic. Hard work pays that all

agreed..its like a race bro, if you wanna be a winner, work harder..like enyo said, hard work pays..

enyomic wrote:
I will not comment anything in this topic. Hard work pays that all

ini bukan comment ka Smile kakakaka

pydrumerboy wrote:
Well UCB there will be good and bad effect.....actually your hypothesis is accurate and it can turn to fact la.....I am heeding it as a warning to myself....thats all......by the way I am getting hate mail before...hahaha

They say if people hate you so much they'll end up falling in love with you. Razz

this issue is a never ending story... thanks to mr. Atom for the video... wish we can see his scalper face clearer...

anyway check out... this is how the inside of TRU store room looks like ...

just joking... wish this is my room... ShockedShockedShockedShocked

hey, UCB bro, aiyo, my name appeared pulak...need not label me as "victim" yo
those who know me whom i assisted to get units at retail price, they deserve it via my own good will and at the same time, still, my practice, "help me, help you" la, no harm, right?
Holding a knife at the back? me? maybe... i'll only do so if "those ppl" with "ill" intention, hahaha!!!
Well, still the same statement from me, ENJOY COLLECTING HW!!! excitement, disappointment, satisfaction, hatred, etc. all of these are part of the hunting game.

undercoverbrother wrote:
netmatrix wrote:

You're right. You have to kow tow these hoarders for their hard efforts and giving inspiring speeches in forum to get 'em at retail. We do this every Friday at SS15 where newbies have to line up in front of sifus and show their appreciation to us. The latest victim being some dude called i think his name is musclemania. Then we will have short segment of "why Hotwheels at increased price is still good" during the gath. I heard they gonna use upcoming dinner as their latest indoctrination camp.

And btw Yoda is special case. You wanna his piece of hoardings at good price, he won't turn out at SS15. You gotta send ur kowtowing through postage first.

Well i have already gone over what you guys have against insiders, blah blah.

Py, hahaha! No la joking only. Still i dislike how some people here when they hoard a lot they resell back to members with "transport charges". If they are indeed means well, why the charges? They should only hunt for themselves. Unless they are so lonely they need those cars to be popular. Sad isn't it?

bro, u can choose to buy or not to buy, the choice is yours finally. if the xtra charges is reasonable, why not? there is no hard and fast rule here. there is always be mutual agreement in term of trade/sell between the players, no obligation. of course, understand your idea of manipulating the price for own benefit as done by certain players, which is "not good" some may think.
if our intention is good (really wanna help member), a good practice is to contact the member b4 buying. else, if we hoarded a lot and nobody buys fr us, we gotta keep the stocks for our own viewing la, LOL!!!

musclemania wrote:
bro, u can choose to buy or not to buy, the choice is yours finally. if the xtra charges is reasonable, why not? there is no hard and fast rule here. there is always be mutual agreement in term of trade/sell between the players, no obligation. of course, understand your idea of manipulating the price for own benefit as done by certain players, which is "not good" some may think.
if our intention is good (really wanna help member), a good practice is to contact the member b4 buying. else, if we hoarded a lot and nobody buys fr us, we gotta keep the stocks for our own viewing la, LOL!!!

for this statement, i'm agreed with you. It's up to you wether you want to pay the extra as the seller reasoned time and petrol for him to go around th KL, PJ or out of state to get this stuff. Differrent seller charged different price, it depends how hot the carded hw value, sometimes you had to pay extra 50 sen, RM1.50 or more from the retail price. And it's up to me, if i felt it's worth the value, i'll pay. no complain.

I remember there's a newbie always come to SS15 gathering and never failed to attend a single meeting and he still couldn't score any reg.thunt as on going 7E Promo. Since i've have extra reg. thunt, i just sold to him at retail price and i don't charge xtra single sen.

If they hoard few boxes i don't mind. But don't la hoard only specific models. Like the 09 batmobile cannot see one on the peg also!!! Since early this year!! And then only can see people here putting up 10 or more of the same car! Bangang liao! Its a weird kind of deprivement. Robbery in a different way. Oh well, maybe i should spend more time cycling.

so, try get the unit from the "collector" then you may get it at retail price. else, trade la, bro. good luck.
me too have yet seen the FTE model but i am satisfied with '07 FE. else, get the FTE rims and customize to '07 FE la, bro, another option ma, LOL!!! see CKH bro's post, customized unit also nice apa? hahaha, jk jk jk, this is still individual preference, no offense.

..On side note anyone who got extra mint fte batmobile to spare pls let undercover know. Managed to find one on peg, raped it cause it's near mint, get roaked by fellow playa (won't mention name anymore lol) that was supposed to be for my carded set, but for some reason i forgotten the first one already let loose so i end up having 2 loose batmobiles. Neutral

Okay, go on.

netmatrix wrote:
If they hoard few boxes i don't mind. But don't la hoard only specific models. Like the 09 batmobile cannot see one on the peg also!!! Since early this year!! And then only can see people here putting up 10 or more of the same car! Bangang liao! Its a weird kind of deprivement. Robbery in a different way. Oh well, maybe i should spend more time cycling.

bolded text ftw. pm me your address, ill send you one '09 batmobile.

over here i have seen people,lie,steal,bribe,cry,accuse,throw things and fist fights gee the stories i could tell it's sad that people act this way over toys

Elgee in Aussie land the shipping charges would kill already. hahaha. Anyway its not just batmobile. I mean its everything. Like C6R, DD whatever that is deemed popular. Its crazy right? When something you need like food rice or sugar, when its hoarded and resold only by 1 major dealer, die die also we find who is the culprit. The logic is there. Of course it not corect to compare necessity and wants. But the idea is, when something as simple as toys being resold higher priced by individuals that causes artificial shortages. The even harder part for me to accept is, these people are not shops. If they are running under a banner, at least it is acceptable because i can relate you want stock for yourself to be more competitive than the other shops. But they do it for only reasons i can comprehend that is based on the bad side of human being. Say i'm wrong. I'll would gladly treat myself to a suffering by a T-800 without pain killer.

UCB over here we only have crows la. hahaha.

webwhy - Haaaa....... that would soon be here. Its a promise. But it won't be be me. Because i'm venting it out here. It would be done by those who are keeping it inside. The video is a first. Believe me, it would get worse later on.

This tends to happen when people gets greedy (not to mention selfish). I agree with bro Atomkinder about the good ol' days. The meaning of hunting is there. Nowadays, it's different. Some use insiders, some bribe and some even steals.

One interesting topic on this though is giving the staff or shop owner your contact number. So, whenever there is restock, they'll call you (the preferred customers) to screen on them first. Isn't this same as the situation bro Atomkinder is talking about? It's those preferred customers who will get the goodies first. Is this even fair to the other collectors who doesn't have this kind of privilege? By all means, the other collectors who don't get the same treatment hunt the normal way is wasting time and money (in term of car fuel). Why? because when he/she got to the spot, all the popular cars are gone and not to mention the green stripe. The preferred customers just "goyang kaki" and wait for phone calls. Is this fair? I know a moderator here that use this tactics to get cars. It disgusts me. Want to know who? PM me. I have proof!

solid snake wrote:
This tends to happen when people gets greedy (not to mention selfish). I agree with bro Atomkinder about the good ol' days. The meaning of hunting is there. Nowadays, it's different. Some use insiders, some bribe and some even steals.

One interesting topic on this though is giving the staff or shop owner your contact number. So, whenever there is restock, they'll call you (the preferred customers) to screen on them first. Isn't this same as the situation bro Atomkinder is talking about? It's those preferred customers who will get the goodies first. Is this even fair to the other collectors who doesn't have this kind of privilege? By all means, the other collectors who don't get the same treatment hunt the normal way is wasting time and money (in term of car fuel). Why? because when he/she got to the spot, all the popular cars are gone and not to mention the green stripe. The preferred customers just "goyang kaki" and wait for phone calls. Is this fair? I know a moderator here that use this tactics to get cars. It disgusts me. Want to know who? PM me. I have proof!

well from what i know. MANY ppl give numbers.

so what do the staff do is SMS all the ppl on his contact.

i've bumped into fellow collectors that way.

'eh! u also leave ur number here ah?'

netmatrix wrote:
Spoiler:

Net i truly understand your feelings on this, but trust me everyone here are just as depressed as you. You may think it otherwise, but when members post pics / stories here no one is telling "you guys don't work hard like us so don't complain". Your assessment is based on standing at one side observing everyone else, how they ransack cars on pegs, how they talk in forum etc. Isolation or tendency to stick to own camp could lead to "everyone else is predator" mentality. HWCM for one is not one of those camps. So if some of these bad collectors are part of this then so be it.

Back to what i said, you'll never understand that we've seen worse. Our stores used to have like the most FE Chevy Panels and huge numbers of it disappeared right from the warehouse, not even end up in our ebay but US one. All this insider talks bout store employees, back then the 'corruption' goes up to sales reps (before change of distribution). Your luck truly depends on them. But then it's easy cause of very few collectors out there. You think we're not pissed? Of course we are. But we move on. And now collectors grow like mushroom (bukan hwcm member mushroom), and the best thing is everyone one still could score cause we work together, things like small update what it takes for everyone to join in the fun. But of course if there's 100 collectors on the hunt would you deny that there would be 1 or 2 rotten people out there?

And then the argument goes, these 1 or 2 may not be rotten but they hoard so it's the same. Artificial shortage and stuff. Local hotwheels sales do you know how many thousands of cars we're talking about? Fellow playa here scored like 7 Super Packard all in totally random places yet many many others scored a few too. Even ucb found only one to date. So if you still see handful made it to ebay and flea market do you really think it's national threat to hotwheels world? At least good for them who can't find but willing to spend. And of course not denying the fact it could get worse and these market could take over, but signs aren't showing this. Simply cause there's still many positively minded collectors out there just keep trying to find themselves. While these real scorers kept themselves under radar, people who try to make a point like me takes the bullet.

And then argument keeps going on.. you see that dude found 7 Super Packard, that's 7 of it. Hoarders. Then what? Are we gonna enforce everyone never to own more than one Super? What matters is how he find it, that's all. If by foul play, then yes do something, take video and stuff. Even if he took trouble take day off and whatnot i still don't mind kowtowing him cause he deserves it, unless he's being selfish, show for the sake of showing off then that's diff story.

I don't care if you prefer SS15 gath, Amcorp gath, some anti-HWCM gath and stuff. If you hang around group of collectors i'm sure they would help each other out. This hobby is never one man show. As for the knife in the hand theory, i don't need to repeat same thing over and over again but let's just say we've lost count how many hunts or (insert name the car that bothers you) exchange hands at no petrol fees whatsoever since our gath started. Plus demonicle already pau everyone's knives cause joker likes playing with knives.

And btw, this is a bit off topic.. but i think i need to address this.

You see, we can't separate hotwheels and politics. And most of these dramas carries the big issues of 'the future of hotwheels' and whatnot, but most of the time is all started from stupid, personal issues that others have nothing to do with. Yes, we have bad trades, in the past. Not just you but that includes me and everyone else here. You have the option, whether to simply move on, or sort it out with the person involved. If you choose the latter this can be done privately, or if you think it's serious enough to be brought out openly then you're still welcomed to do so.

Reason i mention this because some dude here are being 'targeted'. And for that another dude had to remove the concerned thread. Now let us just make this clear, no doubt people helping to run this forum are friends in real life. But treating this as a club, we don't meant to take such action simply because he's our buddy and he needs to be covered, or rather 'buat bodoh'. But there's always better way to rant it out. We have Dispute Thread for a reason. And for starter maybe introducing yourself and not writing in capital letters will do just fine.

You say what you want, he get chance to defend himself, and we all see what both have to say. But if you threaten to 'post his pic on the net' (though his pic already on the net) and stuff i'm not sure who would end up looking foolish here. Haih macam mana nak 1Malaysia kalau macam ni.

mostly still -ve comment but how about those hunting with real hard work, effort and of coz by luck too?
well, if u recalled the Recent Haul for my "Lucky Haul", it was not only merely by luck but it was my 2weeks++ frequent monitoring at the outlet coz i suspected there is restock. of cos i did check with the in-charge then (normal question la, up to u to ask or not) the in-charge said "soon", hahaha. then, finally, it paid off with my haul of th reg mustang, dd, nissan GTR, etc.
and to share further, all the TH reg mustangs (& oth) that i've got, they were either kept by me, trade or sell at retail (or collectors' own offer price) to collector (sincere collector of cos, not to those who get fr me and sell at higher price out there).
so, sometime, i think that one should look into the positive side of a certain scenario. right of UCB's comment to me "to stop inspire each oth" at oth post bcos this will b neverending story. anyhow, again, enjoy collecting HW. still, feel free to comment too. me too, one of those who also depressed and upset b4 of not getting any great stuffs but thru hard work & luck, u'll score finally, for eg. check Ferrarizer's latest post, finally, right?
all the best and good luck yo.

Simpler method is, I don't care bout greens, found any good cars on the pegs and that's enough for me, hehehe...

Peace of mind....!

demonicle wrote:

well from what i know. MANY ppl give numbers.

so what do the staff do is SMS all the ppl on his contact.

i've bumped into fellow collectors that way.

'eh! u also leave ur number here ah?'

That is a short cut. Or what ppl call "jalan belakang". Still I see it as cheating. If I leave my phone number all over the place and then wait for phone calls. Then whenever there is call I only go out and haul all the goodies. What about other collectors that hunt normally? Is that fair for them? They sacrifice time and money just to find out that the good cars are grab by this so called "preferred customers". If this type of method is not cheating please let me know, as I'll start doing it also.

solid snake wrote:

That is a short cut. Or what ppl call "jalan belakang". Still I see it as cheating. If I leave my phone number all over the place and then wait for phone calls. Then whenever there is call I only go out and haul all the goodies. What about other collectors that hunt normally? Is that fair for them? They sacrifice time and money just to find out that the good cars are grab by this so called "preferred customers". If this type of method is not cheating please let me know, as I'll start doing it also.

like i've said before. u can never be 100% correct on no matter which side u choose.
it up to the individual on how u see things.

for me personally, it jus an additional service that a retailer can provide to us is to let us all know that new stock has arrived.
like when u go to MPH looking for a book. if u don't find the book, leave ur contact at the desk and MPH WILL CALL U when ur book arrives.

did u know u can do the same with hotwheels at MPH too??

its jus an additional service.

but paying the staff some extra pocket money is jus plain corruption.

but then, im not setting the rules or watever, im jus sharing my opinion

demonicle wrote:

like i've said before. u can never be 100% correct on no matter which side u choose.
it up to the individual on how u see things.

for me personally, it jus an additional service that a retailer can provide to us is to let us all know that new stock has arrived.
like when u go to MPH looking for a book. if u don't find the book, leave ur contact at the desk and MPH WILL CALL U when ur book arrives.

did u know u can do the same with hotwheels at MPH too??

its jus an additional service.

but paying the staff some extra pocket money is jus plain corruption.

but then, im not setting the rules or watever, im jus sharing my opinion

If the book that you are saying is a popular book like the Harry Potter series which ppl line up early in the morning just to get a copy, that'll be a different story. I know what you are trying to say here. But please be fair. The example you given is not significant enough for product like hot wheels. The more suitable example I'll say is sugar. It's like a customer is limited to buy 2kg per transaction when stock arrive. Sugar is scarce here in KK (I dunno about other). So, if let say customer A got this privilege to get call from the supplier saying that sugar stock had arrive. Then, this A will bring the whole family and friends and buy all the sugar available during that restock. Is this fair for the other customers who is in need of sugar?

Why sugar? because this is a closer example to hot wheels in KK as the
restock here is really really really (I mean did I mention really?) limited and rare. Unlike West Malaysia, we
only get restock once in 2 or 3 months. Sometimes up to 6 months also
no restock. So, don't ever think that the situation is the same (try being a collector here in KK). And
another fact to consider is the number of stores that carry Hot Wheels. In West
Malaysia, you may have up to 1000 stores bringing in Hot Wheels. But in
KK, the quantity of stores that bring hot wheels is more or less than
10 stores only (did I mention try to be a hot wheels collector in KK?). I know you'll feel I'm crazy to relate hot wheels to something like sugar. I know Hot wheels is not as important as sugar in our life. But don't stray away from the truth. I respect those that play by the rules and despise those who use dirty tactics. Nuff said!

And I fully support what Prabaha71 said "We don't want you here!!!"

try this. walk into an MPH. fill out a form at the counter with your name and contact number.

write down there- looking for new hot wheels.

and see if they call u up.

and its very nice to see u compare hot wheels with sugar.
i never knew hot wheels cud be that important in someone's life.

It's good that we have this kind of discussion, nvm that people have their own take on this. As for me, i hope everyone gets the point that whatever i wrote is based on what i've seen and gone through, not that i'm the one who had dirty hand on this. The truth is i don't go places and leave my numbers everywhere i drop by, but just like demonicle said, in some case people just kasihan you enough they would try to help, by contacting you when stuff arrive let's say. If you're in this situation you could choose to stick to your ideals and brag on forum that i don't need these help, but reality is it doesn't take you but many other playaz would jump in the opportunity. Then everyone else will cry foul. But like i said many many times those who assume these people get upper hand on this got it wrong big time. But that also depend on how these people are taught, you may have bad case where these insiders only favor one and only customer and nobody else, and you also have insiders who would update you only when he 'perasan' there's new stuff. In my case i can name many of 'insiders' i'm in touch with but truth is i'm yet to haul any single green there. So here in HWCM the least we could do is advice each other is one's responsibility, even if you're an aggresive hoarders then at least help the others out. It's just not possible to make everyone adhere to certain code of ethics.

The same goes for demonicle's argument, if you know him he's not really into hunts anyway. But he understands what's going on so he's merely giving his point like i do. So hope playaz here could understand very clearly this whole discussion is not about certain people defending themselves. I mean i myself would be happiest dude if they could bring back the good 'ol days.

As for solidsnake's case, i guess there's no other way than to make a complaint or something. Of course we understand your frustrations, the issue of allowing people to call and your case is different thing. In your case you got screwed over and over by supposedly same person. Do give us updates, hopefully you could score something then i can work a trade with you again in the future. Wink

Some things it's just not possible to make everyone happy. The 7E promo for example. If you tried to be as early as possible cause you know the race is always close, you get insulted as being desperado. If you grabbed more than one TH or DD, you the hoarder. If you grabbed more than one TH or DD simply to help others who couldn't find, you the hoarder. If you even left the TH or DD and inform others, "lansi everyone you left those at your mercy, as in 7E belongs to him". If you pretend to buat bodoh but they catched you trailing the delivery truck, you the hypocrite. If you just confess and share it on forum, treating it as one of your cool hunting stories, you made yourself the most hated person. If you even came across the delivery truck and don't even bother to trail them, doesn't matter you still do the hunting while they doing delivery so you cheated. If you gone one man show that night, he's a selfish dude. If you call out as many fellow homies to hunt together that night, 'these people' are selfish. If you update the whole HWCM about the promo, HWCM are selfish! If we decided to gather everybody's super 7E hauls, create a tally and put a huge billboard saying "WHO THE HELL SAY NOBODY CAN SCORE", then HWCM is one blardy arrogant club. And if we finally gave in say "alright then, this promo i shall gracefully retreat from trying any 7E if that's what makes everyone happy", we'll see the next few days whether the plenty of Super Fire Eaters and Bone Shakers are still safe on 7E rack.. or on ebay. Yes the real predators are just waiting for that moment.

This won't end well..

Don't get me wrong.

I do not support hoarders or profiteers, like the guy's who recently followed the 7E delivery truck all over town so they could get ALL the "good" stocks (you know who you are and you are the ones WE don't want here.)

I do NOT think that getting a heads up from workers that new stock has come in is against the spirit of collecting. It is not like asking them to HOLD stock so any "preferred customer" could have first go at it. If new stocks were to come in and they are put up on the shelves, and someone gets a heads up that stocks are in, I don't see the problem. The stocks are fair game to anyone who gets there first anyway.

demonicle wrote:

and its very nice to see u compare hot wheels with sugar.
i never knew hot wheels cud be that important in someone's life.

That's what I said, you'll think I'm crazy to compare hot wheels to sugar. But the fact I'm comparing it to sugar is not how important it is in our life. It is never that important in my life. It's just another side collection for me. I'm comparing it to sugar because of the common factor both had. The scarce resource of it. Hot wheels restock is very limited in KK. We don't get all the wave like in West Malaysia. And I don't give a damn about 2009's t-hunt because those are not my cup of tea. I'm looking for mainline cars of certain casting. Those cars that I like. But even that is hard to get and because of what? Because of this type of collectors around.

But there's no point arguing further. You have a valid point on this take. But what I'm trying to emphasize here is don't encourage the collector to use this type of tactics in hunting. The more you try to defend it, the more you make it seems ethical for the collectors to use this type of hunting tactics. I just want to flush out those bad seeds.

To demonicle the phrase "We don't want you here" is not directed towards you. and I prefer to discuss this openly not through pm.

try to consider for an open discussion with members during weekly gathering. mayb someone can minute the discussion and share to all

solidly put solid snake.

imagine this. i used to go to giant USJ everyday.

EVERYDAY!

and the staff noticed me. i never asked him anything.

then one day he approached me and asked me why do i keep coming everyday.

i told him im looking for hot wheels.

he said i don't have to trouble myself anymore. jus pass him my phone number.

so i did and sure enough he smsed me when there was a restock.

to my surprise he also smsed a few other fellow collectors.
and i totally agree with what he did.

he sends out an sms blast and its a first come first serve thing.

in a way its fair for those who actually went there time n time again to check for new waves. true?

but u might argue about those who aren't in his 'list'. well all i can say is 'talk to the staff politely'.

they are human too. and sometimes they understand us collectors.

for me, pushing it too far wud be paying him rm20 and telling him NOT to call anyone else.

thats where i draw the line. i hope u understand my point of view.

it may be a totally different scenario over at ur place but then i wud not know where to draw the line.

as UCB has put it. everyone has his or her view of things. i can tell u frankly that i know ppl have said i use dirty tactics to get the stuff i want, but to those who have approached me, i have explained to them at length and they agree with me.

so as some of u might know, i have given up collecting mainlines nad therefore everyone shud have enuff hunts since the demon is gone rite? wrong. ppl still want more.

if u think having insiders is wrong, think of this. a guys with 7 reg bone shakers goes around telling ppl he hasn't scored even 1. and ppl pity him n sell him 1 at retail. then he goes and tells the same sob story to another guy. this disgust me even more than insiders.

i am now focussing on club matter rather than scoring for myself.
ppl were complaining we get waves slower than the US. well we got the packard a week before the US. anymore complaints?
ppl wanted 'different' series, we got the christmas rods in. any complaints now?

to me, paying a guy to get some hunts is a small matter. a very tiny portion of the whole picture.

did u know, a guy went to TRU recently asking to see the new stock. when they brought out the stock there was no hunt inside but there were 72 cars in the box. he called up the staff and accused them of reserving the hunts for someone else(so this guy is supposedly the good guy la). the staff denied and the store manager was called up.
the store manager again stressed that they received the case that way. with no hunts inside(those who actually take the time to study case assortments shud know that these dead cases actually are $uper cases that may or maynot come with a $uper depending on what color underwear u are wearing on that day).
so unsatisfied this "good guy" demanded to see the guy who delivers the stock. so the during the nex delivery this guy confronted the mattel distributor and accused the guy of taking all the hunts before he delivers them. the good guy then proceeded to lodge a complaint against this staff and got the staff into a whole lot of trouble.

then... i got a call from mattel....

the staff accused the club of causing all this...
i cud only accept what has happened and ensured i wud try to prevent such incidents from happening again.

so to me... there are much bigger things than thunt scalpers.. and giving phone numbers to me is jus a small part of the game.

great to hear everybody's views on this topic. and trust me, the ppl who are jus watching are enjoying the show as well