Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cham2020

When was the first time you heard of Treasure Hunts?

I think it was back in 2005, I was at Giant searching for Hotwheels. Then an uncle chit chat with me and told me he collect Treasure Hunts. But I never bother about it. Next I found some for sale at Yahoo Auction Singapore but then didn't bother about it. Till 2007, I found out Lowyat Hotwheels thread and I knew about it. That time I am noob, I don't know about Super and Regular. I think I missed the Super hanging on racks when I saw alot of Chrysler 300c hanging and I took one only..That was my first Thunt Razz.. My first super was Buick Riveria..hehe !

Share guys!

Saw the treasure hunt way back in the early 2000, didn't bother to pick it up as during that time, most of the cars are not collectible material...

The awareness started only after registering myself in HWCM and read the threads...

But basically, collecting TH is not my forte, just for fun.. But I do love the old $TH and only for their wheels.... ahahahhaa... no la.. some nice TH$ cars are for keeps too... Smile

My first was the Mustang, Road Runner, Bad Bagger and Hot Bird.. Latest entry is Taladega, pass to me by RGSUKAN.. thanks bro.. I'll hunt the Daytona for you...

demonicle wrote:
when i was about 3 or 4 years old.

...i only knew bout couples years back...

demonicle wrote:

when was it? few years ago? RazzRazz

Probably 2 years ago. But i could not care less for these. If got good la. If not, then i don't care. But i knew this would cost a lot is colectors market next to limited ed stuff. But i'm not selling any.

me 3 year back, first thunt is 07 corvette..

on previous2 year, did not bother bout it.. i guess i leave few on racks..

come share u all punye 1st thunt..

Mine was at Cari forum, but I've no idea TH has green stripes, I tot is the car. Saw a normal Camaro and I tot it is TH..Then I noe about the green stripe, i dunno about the super, found regular tot it has rubber wheels, found super tot it is just another TH..Lol Razz

For me...
probably when i started forumming at lowyat few years back...
my first hunt was the viper...and my first and only super was DD found
during my bday last year...
Wink

1995 over here didn't know there was going to be so much hype till about the end of 1996.
then and ever since it has been utter choas over here for them car's .

they stories i can tell about what i have seen and heard about them green stripe little cars

re:(1) a few years back wal mart used to have these huge metal dump bins for hw's held about 50 plus cases when full.
they have since gotten rid of them at all stores which stinks.

well one day i was digging thru the bin and her walks in this guy in his 60's i would guess.
he walks over and starts digging,going wow they just filled this it was empty last night. so he's looking and digging he starts getting mad and grunbling. then all of the sudden he climbs into the bin and starts dumping cars out to the floor screaming,wheres the treasure hunts no treasures hunts.f'n people took the hunts .there not here who took them f'n store employees stole the hunts.well as he starting doing this i just walked away shaking my head.

and people over here wonder why collectors are hated in a lot of places

that story is just the tip of the iceberg in what i have witnessed

it is so cut throat,push your mother in front of a train, over here in the states makes you wish mattel never made that car

it brings the out

got my first - a thunt$ beetle 2006. it was carrefour opening day at kepong and this nice promoter guy told me i should take it cos it was a thunt and it had value. i was like huh oh okay amik je la coz got rubber tyrekan. then when sampai rumah like always zrrapp kasi slaughter jer. didint know it had to be in the card to be valuable but no regrets.

i collect for the cars so thunt or not does not matter. the only hunt i got with me is the reg BS, super BS and the beetle. the rest traded or sold at retail....

as of 2008..knew a bit about TH..then saw one in Jusco Maluri (konon got hantu!)..first TH was a Mustang GT.. Very Happy

webwhy wrote:
1995 over here didn't know there was going to be so much hype till about the end of 1996.

they stories i can tell about what i have seen and heard about them green stripe little cars

re:(1) a few years back wal mart used to have these huge metal dump bins for hw's held about 50 plus cases when full.

well one day i was digging thru the bin and her walks in this guy in his 60's i would guess.
he walks over and starts digging,going wow they just filled this it was empty last night. so he's looking and digging he starts getting mad and grunbling. then all of the sudden he climbs into the bin and starts dumping cars out to the floor screaming,wheres the treasure hunts no treasures hunts.f'n people took the hunts .there not here who took them f'n store employees stole the hunts.well as he starting doing this i just walked away shaking my head.

it is so cut throat,push your mother in front of a train, over here in the states makes you wish mattel never made that car

it brings the out

sound scary mann!!! ShockedShocked

demonicle wrote:

when you're bout 3 or 4 yrs old, thunt doesn't exist larr.......hehehe

hassan wrote:
i collect for the cars so thunt or not does not matter. the only hunt i got with me is the reg BS, super BS and the beetle. the rest traded or sold at retail....

two thumb up!

demonicle wrote:

now demon is 22 y.o
so demon saw it during yr '90-'91?
tipu la u~ wakakaka RazzRazz

webwhy wrote:

it brings the out

One word, obsession. Or just mad?

Raymond wrote:
demonicle wrote:

no la. i was watching a pirate movie. they were hunting for treasure

demonicle wrote:
Raymond wrote:
demonicle wrote:

olololololololollol...

i almost forgot what forum i was in...

scratchscratch

demonicle wrote:
Raymond wrote:
demonicle wrote:

owwh begitu.......

Raymond wrote:
demonicle wrote:
Raymond wrote:
demonicle wrote:

owwh begitu.......

hahahha good joke...

mine only knew when i join this club and my first TH$ that i never notice is.....

my favourite muscle car camaro....

RGSUKAN wrote:
nice camaro xebec..i dont have that...lucky you..

thanks RG..as from now my treasure hunt is save in the display rack..dulu dulu just campak at the box hehehhe...

RGSUKAN wrote:
campak campak?

yup campak campak je...and i don't even remember when i get that all i remember is camaro my favourite car...hehheh as from now if i found it again for sure my heart will debak depuk to get that...

this is an Interesting post.. I became aware of the Green Fever series(T-hunts)
around Late 1997 early 1998.. I was able to find my share to keep my collection going.
then around 2005 Mattel had a shipping problem...with the later hunts 7-12...
I wanted couple '67 GTO's was lucky to have a friend (From Mexico)Raok me one..
then in 2007 Mattel had a bright idea to have a two tier system Hunts..
I think the real plan behind this was to limit the production of Rubber tire cars for $1..
I do not know the exact ratio on $upers to Regulars...But it would have to be aleast
20-30 or even more Reg's to 1 $uper.. I have grown to dislike this series..I like my hunt
but I refuse to pay High $$$ to get them after market...this is not a cry..just a Reality
so now if I find any it's a plus ...But I also try to collect a reg of each 12 for the year..

Sure would like to find a $uper Old 5.5...if it's ment to be I will find one

thanks for the Space to speak my mind..

I have a few Loose T-Hunts
1998 Kenworth...One of my Favorites....(Mattel you Killed Kenny ...You {*#@&*}..)

Nissan Super w/ Reg Shoes.....Thanks Rayz_HWC

a few more on the loose

nice TH...the green one is camaro toon right? i oso got one loose camaro ooo thats also TH...hv to dig up again to save him...

^ alamak xebec, you got so many thunt ah? all campak campak one? kesian woo....save em fast bro...

whoa...
loose-wheel...
the last picture of that blue car is soo nice~
from which TH year was that...
scratch