Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raymond

Advice needed starting new hobby....

I'm kinda poisoned with plastic model car kits and want to get over tothis hobby after my spm end of this year........so i need some advice and briefing bout this hobby such as

where to get these kits....tools for beginners...and a little extra knowledge an basics for this hobby

TIA

Cham2020 is the best person to answer ur question...For me,i have tried to make 1 but failed..then i stop,continue to collect my 1/18 diecast Razz

lkwanz wrote:
sahama: Plastic model kit le.... Question

Plastic model banyaklah kat kedai. Itu pasang-pasang punya ke. 1/18 right

Well one tip of advise, once you finished putting the pieces together, do not play the model car, just leave it for display, I used ample amount of Tamiya glue and even tried Supa Glue (gam gajah) on my Tamiya scale model kit, but the suspension collapses after I played just a bit, very frustrated...

yeah good advice from Fadli85....

that's one of the reason I gave up years ago and
concentrate to die-cast model......

dah penat2 buat, dia terkepak lak.....luluh hatiku ini....

My minor tips:
1) Pls try not using super glue, it may melt the plastic or some kinda oth adversed effects. Pls use the specific glue for plastic modelling.
2) Not necessary to buy branded plastic modelling kit, common usage tool kit may do but, pls check and compare.
3) Do not rush for plastic modelling, do it slowly, enjoy the process. Rushing will not have the final good result.
4) Since not all instructions written in english, probably in japanese, u gotta b careful on certain steps which are not reversible.
5) Try gettin some simple car model for first time build. Don't try with ur most favourite model first ya, hahaha.

my answer

My minor tips:
1) Pls try not using super glue, it may melt the plastic or some kinda oth adversed effects. Pls use the specific glue for plastic modelling.
I am using superglue for my models and normal white glue, works fine

2) Not necessary to buy branded plastic modelling kit, common usage tool kit may do but, pls check and compare.
I using hardware shop tools

3) Do not rush for plastic modelling, do it slowly, enjoy the process. Rushing will not have the final good result.
Agree

4) Since not all instructions written in english, probably in japanese, u gotta b careful on certain steps which are not reversible.
True

5) Try gettin some simple car model for first time build. Don't try with ur most favourite model first ya, hahaha.
For beginners, the best kit will be mitsubishi fto (fujimi)

u can get it from me
PM me for the mitsubishi FTO price
u will need some modeling tools also.....

i will start after my spm only so...after november so if you can hold on i'll give u a call

aik.. cham... got more fto ka??? i tought i bought it from u already.. hehehe.. anyway.. ya.. as cham said.. for beginners try assemble those kit with less details...

anyway, plastic scale model is about the perfection.. try google some pic of it.. then u'll see what i mean.. the goal is to make the car look as realistic as possible rather than let it look like a toy... it is not that easy as it sounds... but it worth to have a go... hehe..

if u looking for one, toycity selling old stock toyota altezza/mrs for rm40 each.. it also good for beginners... but those altezza have some fitment prob... hehe.. or you can try building the evox.. or r35 for rm160... hehe..

happy moddelling...

and dont use super glue.... it will eat up the plastic if u apply too much of it.... i use hobby glue.. or.. uhu glue also quite ok la....

spray is depends on ur budget... but as cham, me also using those normal spray at the hardware shop... since its cheaper...

Fadli85 wrote:
Well one tip of advise, once you finished putting the pieces together, do not play the model car, just leave it for display, I used ample amount of Tamiya glue and even tried Supa Glue (gam gajah) on my Tamiya scale model kit, but the suspension collapses after I played just a bit, very frustrated...

thats why the box says its a "static model display kit".... try find it... hehe.. most tamiya's box has it..

cham2020 wrote:
dano,
i using super glue so far very good leh......

Use cement better.
I use Limonene Type for my Gundam kit.

I also got think of starting plastic model kits.I got a facebook friend he's selling models kits very cheap.Cham knows him.Unique Esthetique.I asked.He have Nissan GTR33,GTR32 for 45 bucks.Thinking of buying one and try

loon
sorry to say lah
alot ppl have bias towards industrial stuffs
i been using non modeling tols with exception of enamel colors and the results are good
just to me some modeling stuffs are a big rip off