Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
latias93

My T-Hunt Story (History of My T-hunt Cars) UPDATED! 8 OCT - THIRD T-HUNT!

I have never found any T-Hunts in Malaysia before. I have been living in Petaling Jaya for the past 14 years (I'm 17 now), yet I've never found any T-Hunts on the peg in the many malls and 7-11's here. When I read all of your blog, I nak menangis because it seems like everytime you go 7-11, you find T-Hunts hanging on the peg.

I only have two T-Hunt cars, and both of them are gotten during overseas vacation with my family. Here's a little story for you to read on the history of how I found both cars.

1) 2006 T-Hunt Corvette C6 (RR tyres, gold rims!) [Date = December 2006, Age = 13 / Form 1]

Found this at K-Mart, Mount Gravatt, Queensland, Australia. Was on the way from Gold Coast to Brisbane, then my mother wanted to stop at the K-Mart to eat. As they ate at McDonalds, I went to wander at the toy section, I was like WHOAAA, lots of toys! I was just passing by the HW section when at the peg front was hanging a T-Hunt. I just found out T-Hunts was rare 1 week before we went on holiday because my dad bought me a Mike Zarnock HW Collectors Guide book, so when I saw it I was like.. Razz . I was so scared that somebody is going to take it if I go back to my mom to ask for money. Out of the blue, I saw some coins lying around under the pegs.. it amounted to $1.60 AUD and that time the cars were selling for $1.50. I picked up the coins and checked out. My first T-Hunt, and its with Real Riders. afro

2) 2008 T-Hunt Drift King (Reg) [Date = June 2009, Age = 15 / Form 4]

Found this at Tesco Express just outside Notting Hill Gate tube station, London. I went outside because there was a nude bicycle event going on, protesting against rising oil prices or something. (Kecik-kecik dah gatal!). Anyway, bored of all the saggy stuff (alot of old wrinkly people), I walked into the Tesco Express because my mom had asked me to buy some milk and eggs. As I was walking around the aisles, I was just gaping because got a lot of awesome candy and food that looks delicious and cannot find in Malaysia. My mouth gaped even wider when I saw a T-Hunt sitting alone beside some M&M's candy boxes. Yeah, it was the ONLY Hot Wheels car left in the Tesco Express - and it was a T-Hunt! I took it and paid it. I returned with only a T-Hunt, my mom mengamuk because I used the money to buy toys instead. But it was worth it, anyways milk and eggs can be found anywhere. Not T-Hunts!

3) 2010 T-Hunt '69 Ford Torino Talladega (Reg) [Date = 8 October 2010, Age = 16 / Form 5]

I got this as a RAOK (since he gave more cars than I gave him haha..) from Hassan. You can find the pictures of all the cars involved in the trade in my Recent Hauls thread! Initially was supposed to get a Golden Submarine from Hassan, but he couldn't find it so he gave me a carded Tally reg instead. I think this is much better because this car has a really nice tampo and I've been looking for it for some time! One of the best tampos this year. Thanks for the T-Hunt! Third times the charm.. Very Happy

==========

Sekian, terima kasih.

-Afiq (latias93)

Hard hunting always pays off...dun hope everytime go to buy Hw can find Th

Thanks for sharing your TH story.

Don't worry, just keep hunting and you will find more.

Thanks for setting up this thread, to be honest latias i always wish i could start a thread happen to have very exact title as this one but i'll tell you one open secret, when i start writing i'll never stop hehe. I ended up having 'share your hunting stories' thread instead of this, it's two different thing actually. Anyway cool story there and i hope fellow playaz should start sharing with us their stories, personal view on this t-huntin' craze and all. Very Happy

Interesting story, I like the first one...what a coincidence! Hehehe..don't give up my friend, I've been hunting for so long and only got two TH from the pegs...hahaha...we still have this forum which all the nice people are helping us complete THs that we're missing out. Good luck on your hunts Very Happy

undercoverbrother wrote:
Thanks for setting up this thread, to be honest latias i always wish i could start a thread happen to have very exact title as this one but i'll tell you one open secret, when i start writing i'll never stop hehe. I ended up having 'share your hunting stories' thread instead of this, it's two different thing actually. Anyway cool story there and i hope fellow playaz should start sharing with us their stories, personal view on this t-huntin' craze and all. Very Happy

Heheh, it's okay la bro, just write! I'm sure there are lots of us who would like to read stories than short Twitter-style updates, for a change! I know I would. And thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate section, wasn't really sure about this. Razz

ferraririzer wrote:
Interesting story, I like the first one...what a coincidence! Hehehe..don't give up my friend, I've been hunting for so long and only got two TH from the pegs...hahaha...we still have this forum which all the nice people are helping us complete THs that we're missing out. Good luck on your hunts Very Happy

Hahah, I guess luck was by my side - or maybe Australians living near the K-Mart don't like carrying loose change. Although I can easily buy T-Hunts from this forum and at the Amcorp Mall booths.. (with money of course), I think it's so much nicer to find one hanging on the peg. A sense of achievement! Very Happy

I know you will be success collectors dude. Creteria: Passion and eager to spend on them Very Happy

sahama wrote:
I know you will be success collectors dude. Creteria: Passion and eager to spend on them Very Happy

affraid yapz....that's our master hauler spoke out and advice! cheers

sahama wrote:

Thank you for your wise words.. I hope to become like you and the rest of the senior HWCM members, raking in good hauls often. Very Happy

latias93 wrote:
undercoverbrother wrote:

Heheh, it's okay la bro, just write! I'm sure there are lots of us who would like to read stories than short Twitter-style updates, for a change! I know I would. And thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate section, wasn't really sure about this. Razz

Well.. in fact i already had plenty of undercover essays all over the board, feel free to explore stuff i've shared straight from my heart anything from t-hunts, how do you make this hotwheels thing enjoyable and all.

I found my first THUNT on the peg when the promoter in Toys'r Us Gurney Plaza is restocking.That time,I still dont know what is a thunt.The promoter is restocking 6-7 cases and i think there will be $upers.That case makes me regret till everytime i remembers it.DAMN!

latias93 wrote:
I have never found any T-Hunts in Malaysia before. I have been living in Petaling Jaya for the past 14 years (I'm 17 now), yet I've never found any T-Hunts on the peg in the many malls and 7-11's here. When I read all of your blog, I nak menangis because it seems like everytime you go 7-11, you find T-Hunts hanging on the peg.

I only have two T-Hunt cars, and both of them are gotten during overseas vacation with my family. Here's a little story for you to read on the history of how I found both cars.

1) 2006 T-Hunt Corvette C6 (RR tyres, gold rims!) [Date = December 2006, Age = 13 / Form 1]

Found this at K-Mart, Mount Gravatt, Queensland, Australia. Was on the way from Gold Coast to Brisbane, then my mother wanted to stop at the K-Mart to eat. As they ate at McDonalds, I went to wander at the toy section, I was like WHOAAA, lots of toys! I was just passing by the HW section when at the peg front was hanging a T-Hunt. I just found out T-Hunts was rare 1 week before we went on holiday because my dad bought me a Mike Zarnock HW Collectors Guide book, so when I saw it I was like.. Razz . I was so scared that somebody is going to take it if I go back to my mom to ask for money. Out of the blue, I saw some coins lying around under the pegs.. it amounted to $1.60 AUD and that time the cars were selling for $1.50. I picked up the coins and checked out. My first T-Hunt, and its with Real Riders. afro

2) 2008 T-Hunt Drift King (Reg) [Date = June 2009, Age = 16 / Form 4]

Found this at Tesco Express just outside Notting Hill Gate tube station, London. I went outside because there was a nude bicycle event going on, protesting against rising oil prices or something. (Kecik-kecik dah gatal!). Anyway, bored of all the saggy stuff (alot of old wrinkly people), I walked into the Tesco Express because my mom had asked me to buy some milk and eggs. As I was walking around the aisles, I was just gaping because got a lot of awesome candy and food that looks delicious and cannot find in Malaysia. My mouth gaped even wider when I saw a T-Hunt sitting alone beside some M&M's candy boxes. Yeah, it was the ONLY Hot Wheels car left in the Tesco Express - and it was a T-Hunt! I took it and paid it. I returned with only a T-Hunt, my mom mengamuk because I used the money to buy toys instead. But it was worth it, anyways milk and eggs can be found anywhere. Not T-Hunts!

==========

That concludes my T-Hunting story. Both finds were accidental. I hope more 'accidents' happen! I've been wasting too much time walking around PJ with no green hauls. I hope you guys enjoyed reading my little story.

Sekian, terima kasih.

-Afiq (latias93)

Sorry bro...but ko ingat scalpers tu semua kesah ke apa yg ko cakap ni.
Dah berbuih dan ramai yg komplen...diaorg buat dek aje.
To genuine hunter tu tak kisah lah...go high and low and around the KL,sELANGOR, JB etc... they put an effort to it so if they have multiple score..congrats.
Tapi yg BENG tu..those tunggu SMS...Thunt dah masuk. Start keta byr sikit lebih but worth every penny dan balik..they just ruin your effort and everybody else serching every corner for thunt. One more culprit species to those that somewhat keja kat tempat mcm 7E, TRU, Jusco diorg sendiri dah angkat kasi tapau tempat sendiri dan tempat2 member mereka..diorg dah tau beb kat mana benda2 tu semua..nak buat mcm mana diorg pon collector jugak ....hai collector nice thunt!!!!

So tak payah susah2. Ko pegi aje amcorp, bayarlah lebih sikit. PM sesapa yg ada byrlah lebih sikit. 15 to 25 for regular tu kira oklah. Nak super kluar lah lebih sikit 40-60. Nak jimat loose thunt ada..murah sikit. Harga dah standard so don't worry tak turun punya, nak pakai duit bole masuk HW sales and trade..dapatlah duit lu balik. Scalpers kalau dengar ni sure senyum2 kambing sebab boleh untung sikit tapi sapa lagi nak movekan HW trade kat Malaysia ni..scalpers2 tu jugak lah. Kita pun tak payah susah2 dan bazir minyak pegi mana-mana. Macam ko cakap berbulan-bulan dan bertahun-tahun ko pusing tak jumpa2 punya. Nanti ko dah keja, ada duit banyak ko borong lah ebay tu..more than thunt is there
Very Happy

undercoverbrother wrote:
Well.. in fact i already had plenty of undercover essays all over the board, feel free to explore stuff i've shared straight from my heart anything from t-hunts, how do you make this hotwheels thing enjoyable and all.

Thanks man, I'll be reading alot of the older posts of yours now. Rasa macam stalker la pulak. :X

rikmun wrote:
I found my first THUNT on the peg when the promoter in Toys'r Us Gurney Plaza is restocking.That time,I still dont know what is a thunt.The promoter is restocking 6-7 cases and i think there will be $upers.That case makes me regret till everytime i remembers it.DAMN!

Wah.. I know that feeling of regret, man. Nevermind, now we both know, so make sure to keep an eye out for greens.. Very Happy

wildspirit wrote:

To genuine hunter tu tak kisah lah...go high and low and around the KL,sELANGOR, JB etc... they put an effort to it so if they have multiple score..congrats.
Tapi yg BENG tu..those tunggu SMS...Thunt dah masuk. Start keta byr sikit lebih but worth every penny dan balik..they just ruin your effort and everybody else serching every corner for thunt. One more culprit species to those that somewhat keja kat tempat mcm 7E, TRU, Jusco diorg sendiri dah angkat kasi tapau tempat sendiri dan tempat2 member mereka..diorg dah tau beb kat mana benda2 tu semua..nak buat mcm mana diorg pon collector jugak ....hai collector nice thunt!!!!

So tak payah susah2. Ko pegi aje amcorp, bayarlah lebih sikit. PM sesapa yg ada byrlah lebih sikit. 15 to 25 for regular tu kira oklah. Nak super kluar lah lebih sikit 40-60. Nak jimat loose thunt ada..murah sikit. Harga dah standard so don't worry tak turun punya, nak pakai duit bole masuk HW sales and trade..dapatlah duit lu balik. Scalpers kalau dengar ni sure senyum2 kambing sebab boleh untung sikit tapi sapa lagi nak movekan HW trade kat Malaysia ni..scalpers2 tu jugak lah. Kita pun tak payah susah2 dan bazir minyak pegi mana-mana. Macam ko cakap berbulan-bulan dan bertahun-tahun ko pusing tak jumpa2 punya. Nanti ko dah keja, ada duit banyak ko borong lah ebay tu..more than thunt is there
Very Happy

Betul gak.. ade kebenaran. Mmg sape tak benci scalpers ngan insiders ni.. kills the fun. Actually aku ni T-Hunt takde la desperate sgt nak collect, I mean kalau RM15 tu aku bleh lah bayar, harga pon cam SM je tapi lagi rare. Klu aku nak tiap2 minggu leh turun gi Amcorp mall, beli T-Hunts..

But what I want is the feeling bile kau jumpe kete yang rare and such hanging on the pegs. Bagi aku la, takde bende yang mengalahkan pengalaman seperti tu.. totally priceless.

latias93 wrote:
undercoverbrother wrote:

Thanks man, I'll be reading alot of the older posts of yours now. Rasa macam stalker la pulak. :X

rikmun wrote:

Wah.. I know that feeling of regret, man. Nevermind, now we both know, so make sure to keep an eye out for greens.. Very Happy

wildspirit wrote:

Pokok pangkalnya minat, masa dan duit mesti ada. Emak engkau pun kena minat. Kenapa? Kalau dah bersepah sana sini kau tahu kan!. But study lebih penting.

Very Happy

Betul gak.. ade kebenaran. Mmg sape tak benci scalpers ngan insiders ni.. kills the fun. Actually aku ni T-Hunt takde la desperate sgt nak collect, I mean kalau RM15 tu aku bleh lah bayar, harga pon cam SM je tapi lagi rare. Klu aku nak tiap2 minggu leh turun gi Amcorp mall, beli T-Hunts..

But what I want is the feeling bile kau jumpe kete yang rare and such hanging on the pegs. Bagi aku la, takde bende yang mengalahkan pengalaman seperti tu.. totally priceless.
Cool

steady bro, been collecting hwheels since 1998, baru 2 kali jumpa super thunt kat kedai, once in the year 2006 and the latest, just last week found super camaro+ghostbuster from a "virgin" toy store, from my experience....don't take thunts seriously, if you score it, just take it as a bonus to your hw collections....

musclemania wrote:
UCB lastly found a buddy to write long essay and share experience in hunting, kikiki.

I somewhat already retreat to undercover hideout lah, that's why i already said it clear here can just refer whatever posted before cause most of it covered here already.

Me only jump back when encountered some playaz who just don't seem to get it.

undercoverbrother wrote:
musclemania wrote:
UCB lastly found a buddy to write long essay and share experience in hunting, kikiki.

I somewhat already retreat to undercover hideout lah, that's why i already said it clear here can just refer whatever posted before cause most of it covered here already.

Me only jump back when encountered some playaz who just don't seem to get it.

Sure? Nxt time jst PM those playaz la cos we need not trouble ourselves to read your repetition
of long mail Razz
Or, get ready your "Please refer to my post dated on xxx" as reference, hahaha.

undercoverbrother wrote:
Okay, for starter to those needing an answer as to why it's impossible to find a Super pls refer to this thread..

ooooooh noooo...this vid again?........

sahama wrote:
So hari ini ada jumpa thunt at Amcorp?

if you referring to me, the answer is yes, asked matbear to get for me, im still at workplace at this time, cannot go...but if you referring to latias, i dont have any idea..hehehe

undercoverbrother wrote:
Okay, for starter to those needing an answer as to why it's impossible to find a Super pls refer to this thread..

Ooo... crap...

sinclair wrote:
undercoverbrother wrote:

Ooo... crap...

40 million hits.

heytang wrote:
steady bro, been collecting hwheels since 1998, baru 2 kali jumpa super thunt kat kedai, once in the year 2006 and the latest, just last week found super camaro+ghostbuster from a "virgin" toy store, from my experience....don't take thunts seriously, if you score it, just take it as a bonus to your hw collections....

Haha, betul jugak. So now I just collect like normal, hit and miss lah jumpa T-Hunts. Anyway, where this is virgin toy store? I wanna sapu your leftovers haha. Interested in letting go your Ghostbusters Ecto-1? Aku ni peminat #1 Ghostbusters.. hehe

sahama wrote:

Wanted to go, but I had to channel my pocket money into buying something else (gaming squad t-shirt) and I went to KL Hilton for some American college fair. Next week kena sapu Amcorp!

RGSUKAN wrote:
sahama wrote:

if you referring to me, the answer is yes, asked matbear to get for me, im still at workplace at this time, cannot go...but if you referring to latias, i dont have any idea..hehehe

So, hari ini matbear jumpa apa? I sudah sebulan lebih tak sana pasal sibuk di JB ni.

Today got more than 10 pcs Super Thut loose from Mr.Collectortrade at Amcorp. Very2 good buy.

wildspirit wrote:
Today got more than 10 pcs Super Thut loose from Mr.Collectortrade at Amcorp. Very2 good buy.

Very good buy and can complete $thunt loose.

Back to the topic, my first T-Hunts were 2009 Plymouth Fury reg, 2 nice carded from the peg at Bkt Tinggi Giant. Funny thing was, I knew nothing about $uper and Reg at tat time but aft enquired by UCB, I learnt tat $uper is so preciousssssss.
My first $uper TH was 2010 Classic Packard, from the peg during opening of Sri Petaling Giant (during my jobless time, hahaha). Tis even aft much searching, fr the same peg, I searched thrice...only the 4th time I was able to find it...hmmm...
But, all above had been traded out for other "nice" stuffs, hahaha.
My 2nd $uper TH was 2010 Talladega...fr fresh case but I left a REG there, hahaha. Too syok after getting the $uper and forgot about the REG in another layer, hahaha. Also lately realized tat tis $uper Talladega with pink windscreen, hahaha.

pydrumerboy wrote:
I seriously do not know what you guys talking about.....cannot relate Razz

We are talking about thunt which in accordance with the topic here Very Happycheers

musclemania wrote:
Back to the topic, my first T-Hunts were 2009 Plymouth Fury reg, 2 nice carded from the peg at Bkt Tinggi Giant. Funny thing was, I knew nothing about $uper and Reg at tat time but aft enquired by UCB, I learnt tat $uper is so preciousssssss.
My first $uper TH was 2010 Classic Packard, from the peg during opening of Sri Petaling Giant (during my jobless time, hahaha). Tis even aft much searching, fr the same peg, I searched thrice...only the 4th time I was able to find it...hmmm...
But, all above had been traded out for other "nice" stuffs, hahaha.
My 2nd $uper TH was 2010 Talladega...fr fresh case but I left a REG there, hahaha. Too syok after getting the $uper and forgot about the REG in another layer, hahaha. Also lately realized tat tis $uper Talladega with pink windscreen, hahaha.

Hahah, the Classic Packard slipped your eyes 3 times! Wow.. that Talladega is sure a nice car, one of my favourites due to nice tampo and color combination.. ish.. if I remembered that I left behind another T-Hunt back at the store (even if I did get the $uper) I would mengamuk haha. Always nice to have one reg and one $uper! Nice finds bro. Smile

undercoverbrother wrote:
Siapa nak dengar UcB's T-Hunt story sila angkat kaki!

undercoverbrother wrote:

Now start the thunt story cheers

sahama wrote:
pydrumerboy wrote:
I seriously do not know what you guys talking about.....cannot relate Razz

We are talking about thunt which in accordance with the topic here Very Happycheers

undercoverbrother wrote:

Tak payah ambik undi la, sebab saya lebih rela dengar PY's "meal" haul story Razz
RG's beli susu haul story pun ok Razz
Arttt's balik kampung haul story pun ok Razz
dan seterusnya ...

My hunt story very straight forward....I go in the store, I saw, I grab....alot of story here tak dapat relate because never happen to me. haha....except for one time la happen in TESCO Semenyih where I found Super 69 camaro 2008, and there was an uncle(50 above) come and try to grab it from me that is in my blog la.....haha otherwise,very straight forward. Boring .....

pydrumerboy wrote:
My hunt story very straight forward....I go in the store, I saw, I grab....alot of story here tak dapat relate because never happen to me. haha....except for one time la happen in TESCO Semenyih where I found Super 69 camaro 2008, and there was an uncle(50 above) come and try to grab it from me that is in my blog la.....haha otherwise,very straight forward. Boring .....

what? an uncle wanna grab from your hand? Shocked.... fuyoooo...i cant imagine if that happen to me...

RGSUKAN wrote:
pydrumerboy wrote:

what? an uncle wanna grab from your hand? Shocked.... fuyoooo...i cant imagine if that happen to me...

..solution: BITE HIS HAND!! Razz

Cakap: "Abang ambillah saya ada banyak lagi di rumah, ikhlas!, ini hari uncle, mungkin esuk hari saya pula". Very Happy

wah baik hati abang sahama. my story when a children 7 years old grabbed t-hunt ratbomb on my hand in somewhere damansara area. if not mistaken the children`s father ask his son to do that. but i just give him (children or his father) because t-hunt ratbomb quite common.

pydrumerboy wrote:

Tua-tua pun nak main kasar. Kasi hentam sama itu uncle! Tell him if he wants to find the same car for sale, go online and search for pydrumerboy's T-Hunt Sales Thread.. he can find the same car for sale there! Razz

sahama wrote:
Cakap: "Abang ambillah saya ada banyak lagi di rumah, ikhlas!, ini hari uncle, mungkin esuk hari saya pula". Very Happy

Considering how scarce T-Hunts are for me, that will never happen to me haha! Melainkanlah uncle tu dah nyawa2 ikan, his last wish is nak pegang T-Hunt$.

J_o_e88 wrote:
wah baik hati abang sahama. my story when a children 7 years old grabbed t-hunt ratbomb on my hand in somewhere damansara area. if not mistaken the children`s father ask his son to do that. but i just give him (children or his father) because t-hunt ratbomb quite common.

That is really rude and unethical behaviour of the guy's father man.. the worst that happened to me was this boy grabbed a green Reventon off my hand (the one in my Jusco field report thread), so I tried to exchange with him a white Gallardo because there was a couple more there and I really wanted a Reventon. That kid (about 6 years old) looked at me and said, "Hello mister, you think I dunno ah this car very hard to find you know. I want to keep!".

latias93 wrote:
pydrumerboy wrote:

Tua-tua pun nak main kasar. Kasi hentam sama itu uncle! Tell him if he wants to find the same car for sale, go online and search for pydrumerboy's T-Hunt Sales Thread.. he can find the same car for sale there! Razz

sahama wrote:

Considering how scarce T-Hunts are for me, that will never happen to me haha! Melainkanlah uncle tu dah nyawa2 ikan, his last wish is nak pegang T-Hunt$.

J_o_e88 wrote:

That is really rude and unethical behaviour of the guy's father man.. the worst that happened to me was this boy grabbed a green Reventon off my hand (the one in my Jusco field report thread), so I tried to exchange with him a white Gallardo because there was a couple more there and I really wanted a Reventon. That kid (about 6 years old) looked at me and said, "Hello mister, you think I dunno ah this car very hard to find you know. I want to keep!".

In the world of digital and broadband, everybody including kids are more informative and knowledgeable. So if you to get it first in a tight situation, hold it tighly. But it just only a toy, don't be so stressed about it. Very Happy

Diff ppl diff kinda passion twds T-Hunt.
p.s.: Can check with our TH sifu, Master UCB, kikiki.
Of cos, wish tat not end up in a FIGHT for the sake of TH la Razz
As mentioned by UCB, there were lots of post earlier on the mess jst bcos of T-Hunt.