Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildspirit

The Original Hotwheels Vintage and Classic Garage

This year Hotwheels already 43 years of age. This site dedicated to old school lovers of truly vintage and classic Hotwheels. Reminder this site not associated with Hotwheels Vintage Racing or Hotwheels Classic Series.
All carded and loose Hotwheels from 1968 to 1979 can be considered as Hotwheels Vintage.
While all carded and loose Hotwheels from 1979 to 1990 can be considered as Hotwheels Classic.
Custom and reconditions loose Hotwheels also welcome as long you know its truly Hotwheels Vintage and Classic.
So show your Hotwheels Vintage and Classic here.

ckh, the carded has year of manufacture. my pics showing the doozie was produce in 1977 and qualify for vintage hotwheels. you can see the base also as all US, Hong Kong already vintage and more than 20 years of age. If sombody can showing us France, India base that was added bonus.

wildspirit wrote:
ckh, the carded has year of manufacture. my pics showing the doozie was produce in 1977 and qualify for vintage hotwheels. you can see the base also as all US, Hong Kong already vintage and more than 20 years of age. If sombody can showing us France, India base that was added bonus.

thanks for info..wildspirit! Jus check it! The base show "made in Thailand - year 1988! cheers

Any pic is appreciated if come with years of made so we know the car is vintage or classic Hotwheels.

chee keng hong wrote:

thanks for info..wildspirit! Jus check it! The base show "made in Thailand - year 1988! cheers

Hehe check again if the base coming with Hotwheels Vintage stamping its replica casting. Card will tell year of manufacture.

My restoration candidate. All are Hong Kong base with Stagefright the oldest mid 70s and Beach Patrol is 84 Real Riders. The Greyhound Bus being most expensive and CAN fetch easily USD 20 -30 at Ebay.

My oldies favorite loose. Mid 80s Longshot Hong Kong and original Kentworth Malaysia base.

In 1990 Mattel already produce one billionth car world over. Commemoration to this Mattel commissioned two car as Billionth Car Edition and they choose Corvette,custom,hardtop ,split window and stingray - 4 models with contest to win a real '63 Corvette instantly ( haha bagi second hand car aje ) . I pick the hardtop and convertible version.

CKH - the VW Baja can be considered a Classic Hotwheel casting but not Vintage...

Sinclair - now those x2 Mercs considered antique dy!! droolthumbsup

Rayz-HWC wrote:
CKH - the VW Baja can be considered a Classic Hotwheel casting but not Vintage...

Sinclair - now those x2 Mercs considered antique dy!! droolthumbsup

Come on Rayz, you shud know better.

Its Hotwheels Classic series and Series 1 Hotwheels Classic was produce in 2004.
For example,

Series 1 Hotwheels Classic 1963 Corvette has base of (C) Mattel, Inc 1979 THAILAND.
Series 1 Hotwheels Classic 1967 Camaro has base of (C) MATTEL INC 1982 THAILAND.
Mattel use original tool and mold or when the base was first made they do it in mass production.
But still its only 7 years old car and card.
The Baja Bug i believe doesn't take place both Series 1 and 2 Hotwheels Classic.

How about 1992, Mattel production of Hotwheels 25th Annivesary Collectors Edition. The card and car was the original replica of REDLINE 1968 and 1969 Hotwheels come with collectors button.
All the car has base of (C) MATTEL INC 1968 and 1969 CHINA.
At least the 25th Annivesary already 20 years old original production and when they more 23 years old they qualify for original Hotwheels Classic.
Yes should it better if we narrow to antique, vintage and classic but since its very slim chance to see the original 1968 to 1973 perhaps for antique status, lets group them as Vintage as what Vintage car collectors 1/1 did.

Peace ya!

sahama wrote:
Ini orang boleh bukak muzium thumbsup

Idak le. Ramai orang macam terkucil jer. Haha.

wildspirit wrote:

Idak le. Ramai orang macam terkucil jer. Haha.

Memang betul boleh ni, pelawat pun dah datang ke rumah mike buat penilaian, mesti awesome punya collection yop

(1981) 31' Classic Packard, ( 1986 ) Rolly Royce Phantom II and Classic Caddy

Nissan 300ZX 1989 Park 'n Plates White, w/Red, Yellow, & Blue, w/'300ZX' on hood , Black interior, White Malaysia base, w/GHO's not listed at STD = rare?

Yeah man. Compare to mainlines car, Park n Plates issues was not as large as mainlines but this mid 80s issues is still available at EBay but not so sure which Park n Plates is most desired.

wildspirit wrote:

These antic diecast sure first time seeing it. Thanks for sharing. How many like these you got eh?

sahama wrote:

These antic diecast sure first time seeing it. Thanks for sharing. How many like these you got eh?

Yeah ..got some more. Coming soon the original Hot Ones but Abang can grab the new Hot Ones at RM 12.90 at TRU now go!go!go!.

Me..alone lah like this..come on guys where the old loose..custom sumore..Jackdy

[quote="wildspirit"]Me..alone lah like this..come on guys where the old loose..custom sumore..Jackdy

dear bro Wildspirit! How bout this set???

That pics.. scratch ...congrats that Teenager ...tengah gatal ohh laugh1
want something...like your/Sahama generations or orang-orag tua sudah bongkok punya rolleyesthumbsup

wildspirit wrote:
That pics.. scratch ...congrats that Teenager ...tengah gatal ohh laugh1
want something...like your/Sahama generations or orang-orag tua sudah bongkok punya rolleyesthumbsup

aiyo!! I am more younger that Sahama lah!! We r in the different category!! I masih muda..kuat & KERAS!! laugh1

great collection bro.liking the firebird! clap

chee keng hong wrote:

aiyo!! I am more younger that Sahama lah!! We r in the different category!! I masih muda..kuat & KERAS!! laugh1

Yeah man that the spirit..me like my old carded hotwheels also at the future..all mint inside out.

GT347 wrote:
great collection bro.liking the firebird! clap

Thanks bro. Come on guys need original 20 years and more Hotwheels!!

Yeah much more like it. Can see the patina works, that fine example of 1969 original Hotwheels Redline '36 Ford Coupe or some what they calling it later the Neat Streeter.

wildspirit wrote:

Yeah ..got some more. Coming soon the original Hot Ones but Abang can grab the new Hot Ones at RM 12.90 at TRU now go!go!go!.

Dah tengok tadi kat TRU Tebrau, card design tak cantek kalau nak beli pun super van or chevy

wildspirit wrote:

Yeah man that the spirit..me like my old carded hotwheels also at the future..all mint inside out.

Tua-tua pun boleh juga keras jugak tapi muda-muda pun kadang-kadang tak keras jugak. Kad yang mint pun boleh lenyur jugak kalau tak dijaga dengan sempurna. Lebih baik loose aje! brows

Spoiler:

Agreed...I'm just allowing CKH (and other new members) to try understand the concept in your position - thus this thread - so since he posted the x2 cars, I simply use the x2 he posted to show which may be consider as what genre Smile

Really cannot measure from the date of production, or first-to-market, that you see on the base of Hotwheels castings. As most or rather - molds/tools get updated - thus labelled as 'new-tooling'...thus members may find the same car, same look but different base too, or sometimes you find difference in other areas/parts as well. It'll be a thrill of course to scout for the 'original' or first-to-market base of your favourite castings Smile...for me I'm trying to search for Hot wheels that is manufactured/produced/existed...on the year i was born - i can tell you it's not easy as it seem LOL Very Happy

These are very vintage, from 70`s, new acquisitions from an uncle who died on last year.
Here they are:

farao

Thank you for the info, I think I will keep´em.

Regards,