Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

12/09/11 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the December 9, 2011, New York, NY, Irving Plaza concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist

1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. The Last Goodbye
5. Life On The Moon
6. Paper Heart
7. Come Back To Me
8. Let Me Fall For You
9. Dogman with Jerry Gaskill, King's X Drummer
10. Goodbye To The Girl
11. Bar-ba-sol
12. Light On
13. 8 Days A Week Beatles cover, w/ Ryan Star & Stevie Van Zandt
14. Rock N Roll Led Zeppelin cover, w/ Stevie Van Zandt
15. Fade Into Me
16. Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest

List of photobucket/flickr/twitpic/etc. collections of photos.

Photo by Jamie/cookifiedtexan

Jamie's photo album

Photo by Kristen

Kristen's photo album

Mallory's photo album
honestys_easy's photo album
Amanda's photo album
Kitunen's photo album
jayelgee's photo album

Guest Guest

Find all videos from this show here!

Best Videos

Eight Days a Week/R&R featuring Steven Van Zandt and Ryan Star

video by Dbljerseygirl

Guest Guest
Have a great time, everyone who is going!

The Wave The Day finally came !! The Wave
Have a blast Stacy and all the lucky ones going !! I have a feeling this show will be so special !! DC CheerleaderGo WordNerds!Yahoo!

Safe travels to everyone going to this show! Dave brought his weather with him again! This is going to be an epic show! So excited for all who are attending!!! WooHoo!!

Um - Stacy - Dave was sans guitar for Dogman, too. Just so you know, it was incredible!!! Better than I thought it was going to be, and I thought it was going to be amazing!! Request RnR AND Dogman, just to be safe. LOL

Oh, I WILL get R&R. Somehow, whatever it takes, I WILL. Twisted Evil
Perhaps some divine source will intervene on my behalf. Please!

I am BEYOND FUCKING EXCITED for this show! I get excited for every show, except when I'm too stressed out about travel woes to properly psych up lol, but for some reason, this one, this one I am über excited about! Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2

Can't wait to see you soon, Jamie, Keren, Mal, and everyone else who is going I hope to somehow meet up with!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO the day is here!!! I am sooooooo excitied! This is my first DC show since DCTR release day.

Stacy, I hope to see you there! Smile

Oh and Stacy, want me to put in a guitarless song request with him when I see him later? Wink

lol - a wonderful friend bought me a VIP package for today so I'm going to ask myself. But it couldn't hurt for more than one of us to - mostly so if YOU want a guitarless song yourself! Hope to see you there, Lori! Joy dance

Guest Guest
I'm excited for everyone going to the show tonight. I have a feeling it will be very special.

@pn112 wrote:
Um - Stacy - Dave was sans guitar for Dogman, too. Just so you know, it was incredible!!! Better than I thought it was going to be, and I thought it was going to be amazing!! Request RnR AND Dogman, just to be safe. LOL

Yes please! DroolDrool for both

Have a GREAT time tonight!! Very Happy

I would LOVE guitarless so I'm going to ask too Smile

I'm waiting outside now so I'll look for you!

Spoiler:

@cooksgal wrote:
Spoiler:

You are correct. They did it before they let us in.

And it was awesome. Smile

Guest Guest
She said she would, but it will be audio only.

Guest Guest
He's on fire tonight... wish I was there.

Just said he'd be on for awhile and might have some surprises.

Guest Guest
Just got home. Anyone have the set list so far so I can see what I missed?

Listening to this Ustream is just bittersweet and i'm getting choked up listening to this and part of it is not know when there will be more shows Crying non-stop But i understand also he does need a break to spend it with his family.

Guest Guest
Umm...

Circadian
Heroes
Mr. S
The Last Goodbye
Paper Heart
Life On The Moon - I think
Come Back To Me
Let Me Fall For You

(I think that's all so far and not sure I've got the order right.) I wasn't writing them down.

He's about to do Dogman. And King X's drummer is about to play with them.

eta: Goodbye to the Girl
Barbasol
Light On

Encore
Ryan Star and Stevie Van Zandt join Dave and the guys for 8 Days a Week and
Rock and Roll

Fade Into Me
REM

Guest Guest

Picture by RanaNYC

Quote :

Maureen Van Zandt @MVZaGoGo

Plant who? Page who? @thedavidcook @StevieVanZandt @RyanStar and this FAB band rockin' Zep!

Guest Guest
Quote :
Ryan Star and Stevie Van Zandt join Dave and the guys for 8 Days a Week and Rock and Roll

Damn..... I wish I was there for that!

1. Circadian
2. Heroes
3. Mr. Sensitive
4. The Last Goodbye
5. Life On The Moon
6. Paper Heart
7. Come Back To Me
8. Let Me Fall For You
9. Dogman [King’s X]
10. Goodbye To The Girl
11. Bar-ba-sol
12. Light On
13. 8 Days A Week [Beatles, w/ R* & SVZ]
14. Rock N Roll [Led Zeppelin, w/ R* & SVZ]
15. Fade Into Me
16. Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest
OMFG I had a feeling it would be an amazing show!

Guest Guest

Maureen Van Zandt's picture - appropriately titled "The Boys"

Oh my god. OH MY GOD. I can't even. I'm sobbing right now. Best show ever. EVER.

Dead right now. DEAD.

I hope someone survives this show!!! Those of us not there are having a hard time processing what we just heard/saw - I can't imagine what it would be like to be there!! So happy for all who attended!!

Guest Guest
Mal tweeted to me so we know she survived.

Stacy sent me a text that said...

"I am never going to another concert again. Nothing could ever top tonight. I can't even breathe."

So it seems she survived too lol.

Guest Guest
Good to know at least some survived. I swear I Will be at the next NYC show, even if I have to walk there! So happy for all who got to experience that live. I'm not sure how I survived the stream. Can't imagine being there live.

Tracy tweeted that John SoCal videoed the entire show. Can't wait to watch them.

Guest Guest

Johns video-with Ryan and Stevie- Eight days a week!

I am beyond words right now for this amazing show tonight. And I wasn't even there. I can't imagine what it was like to be in that room. When the crowd sang FIM to him and he just let them do it, I cried. God Bless John for filming this show. His video's always rock and I can't wait to see them.

Can't wait for recaps. Smile

justforme wrote:
Mal tweeted to me so we know she survived.

Stacy sent me a text that said...

"I am never going to another concert again. Nothing could ever top tonight. I can't even breathe."

So it seems she survived too lol.

You're sure it's Stacy, correct? She was with Jamie [CookifiedTexan] since Allentown, and she tweeted using Stacy's twitter.

It was definitely Stacy because I heard her say those very words after the show, lol.

This was said shortly after I finished sobbing into her shoulder after REM. Yeah. I'm never getting over this show...

I never use the words 'omg, this was an epic show', but I certainly used them tonight. WOW. Just wow.

Okay, I just got home and have recovered just enough to type a bit. Sweet Jesus.

I just need to start by saying that my last show was November 18, 2008. Yeah. It's been over 3 years since I last saw the band live, missing an entire tour completely. I was so freakin' psyched for this show.

VIP: in a word, amazing. Andrew did such an awesome job that I high-fived him after the show and he even remembered me as the girl who requested that he sing U2 while taking my pic with the band. (He went with "IT'S A BEAUTIFUL PICTUREEEEE.") I wished Dave a happy early birthday. I told him how I've been having a really shitty year but 2 things have made it less shitty: first and foremost, my nephew being born, and second, This Loud Morning. And he looked so appreciative of that comment and that was really all I've been wanting to tell him since June 28th. I gave him two hugs. My favorite hugger was Andy. He is short. So is Monty. I legit had no idea. Wow they are fun-sized.

Show: I really have no words. I love how much he loves NYC and feeds so much off the crowd. I love how I'm half deaf, not just from standing next to blaring speakers, but from the crowd screeching for 90 minutes straight. I love how my throat is on fire right now from singing and screaming at the top of my lungs. I love how he threw everything he had in him into performing tonight. I love how he reached out into the crowd towards the end of REM and how just touching him released all of the pent-up emotions in me tonight. I hugged Stacy right after and just started crying and couldn't stop until after the music stopped. I didn't even see the band leave the stage. I love how he came out in his pants with the laces up the sides and looking so gorgeous that my jaw dropped. And I love how as soon as he opened his mouth to start singing, I no longer registered what he was even wearing because GOD, that voice and those lyrics make me practically forget my own name.

Let's just say, walking out of Irving Plaza and back into Regular World was akin to a culture shock and I went from feeling high on life to depressed beyond belief. This show RUINED me. Completely annihilated me. And I'd do this day all over 10 times over just to have it again.

No, seriously... what the eff is it about this man?

What an epic way to end this tour "run". One of the goals in my life is to go to a DCTA show on NYC. Or at least a NE area. The vibe, crowd, energy is AMAZING.

And can I say, ONCE AGAIN, I'm jealous of a guy, and it had to be our own RYAN STAR. THAT'S HOW YOU GRAB AN ASS!!!! Clapping

The pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing! Music Makes me HAPPY Can't wait to see all of the videos!

DEBRA Yahoo!

Shocked

I'm still in awe. I'm alive, but barely. But Stacy and I agreed- nothing will ever top tonight. Of all the shows I've been to over the last 3 years, THIS will forever be the ultimate show in my memory. Just....wow. All of the travel bullshit I experienced, all of the problems and the angst and the worry that this trip caused...I would do it all again for a show like tonight.

I'll write an official recap in a bit, after I've collected all my thoughts. Uploading tons of pictures and multiple videos right now. I have a few shots that I have to post ASAP, and then I'll gradually drop some off throughout the day tomorrow.

Thank you, NYC, for being so fucking awesome, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I will be back some day.

I'm home. I'm alive. I think. I think I died and went to heaven. But once I got on the subway I was clearly not there any more lol!

I am trying to compose a recap right now.

Lori, your recap was awesome. I was SO glad to share that concert with you right next to me and with the other girls there in our little corner by Andy. And loved seeing you again, Mal, sorry if I hugged you a gazillion times, lol. And Carol your "recap" was very you, lol, and knowing you, it may have been short but it means a LOT.

Okay, back later. If I can find words. I seriously question whether I can do so. Thud!

So.....this picture pretty much sums up the epicness of tonight. I'm holding his right hand at this point- it's just out of view. But I was holding on for dear life to it

NYC Irving Plaza 427 by jalyn0484, on Flickr

Okay, I just got home and have recovered just enough to type a bit. Sweet Jesus.

I just need to start by saying that my last show was November 18, 2008. Yeah. It's been over 3 years since I last saw the band live, missing an entire tour completely. I was so freakin' psyched for this show.

VIP: in a word, amazing. Andrew did such an awesome job that I high-fived him after the show and he even remembered me as the girl who requested that he sing U2 while taking my pic with the band. (He went with "IT'S A BEAUTIFUL PICTUREEEEE.") I wished Dave a happy early birthday. I told him how I've been having a really shitty year but 2 things have made it less shitty: first and foremost, my nephew being born, and second, This Loud Morning. And he looked so appreciative of that comment and that was really all I've been wanting to tell him since June 28th. I gave him two hugs. My favorite hugger was Andy. He is short. So is Monty. I legit had no idea. Wow they are fun-sized.

Show: I really have no words. I love how much he loves NYC and feeds so much off the crowd. I love how I'm half deaf, not just from standing next to blaring speakers, but from the crowd screeching for 90 minutes straight. I love how my throat is on fire right now from singing and screaming at the top of my lungs. I love how he threw everything he had in him into performing tonight. I love how he reached out into the crowd towards the end of REM and how just touching him released all of the pent-up emotions in me tonight. I hugged Stacy right after and just started crying and couldn't stop until after the music stopped. I didn't even see the band leave the stage. I love how he came out in his pants with the laces up the sides and looking so gorgeous that my jaw dropped. And I love how as soon as he opened his mouth to start singing, I no longer registered what he was even wearing because GOD, that voice and those lyrics make me practically forget my own name.

Let's just say, walking out of Irving Plaza and back into Regular World was akin to a culture shock and I went from feeling high on life to depressed beyond belief. This show RUINED me. Completely annihilated me. And I'd do this day all over 10 times over just to have it again.

No, seriously... what the eff is it about this man?

Just loved this entire paragraph. Had to read it twice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.