Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Radio Interview with The Buzz 96.5 in KC on 7/26/13

Guest Guest

Looks like this radio station surprised David with an unplanned chat-once again he handles the situation well IMO. Click on the download audio or the little speaker on the left to hear this Smile(Thanks to Olivia on twitter for finding this!)

INTERVIEW

Guest Guest
LOL Face What a shock that must have been for him. He did handle it well.

Guest Guest
I can't hear it at all. The speakers on my computer don't work very well. I turned it all the way up, but it's still very low. Can anyone give me a synopsis? Thanks!

Guest Guest
Not much of substance. They surprised him with the call, he had no idea. From what I saw on twitter the dj who called is married to a female dj who likes Dave, and has interviewed him before. She had his phone number in a dm in her twitter account. Hubby found it, and decided to give Dave an on air unplanned call.

They said they were looking him up and his net worth is about $5 million. Dave said didn't think that was right, but he'd take it. They asked about the move to Nashville and if he was going country. He said no country, but after living in LA for a few years, Nashville has the atmosphere he likes, and the work atmosphere he needs. They asked if he had a girlfriend and he said yes. They wanted to know where he met her, he said a couple years ago when he was "out." They wanted to know if she was from KC or LA, and he said neither place but didn't say where she was from. He said he was working on a new record, and they brought up his his new song being released in April.

When they ended, he laughed and said he was going to change his phone number. (Joking with them when the dj said not to blame his wife, she didn't leave his number laying around.)

That's all from having listened just once, but I think I have the highlights covered.

Guest Guest
They do have the transcript on the same page but it is full of errors so I fixed it the best I could hear it. There are a couple of spots I couldn't make out. There are the 2 guy Dj's & lady DJ talking so I just will highlight David's answers in red. 

Quote :
Hello.hi David. Yes.Hey David it's slimfast at 96.5 the buzz is Kansas city. Ah hey how ya doing man Hey I'm good how are you? Um Listen, the reason I called I'm sitting here at work and I came across a piece of paper that says David Cook and had a phone number on so what was I to do- I can't not call it you know what I mean. (laughs) Awesome. Is that Okay? We're on the air, is that okay? Ah sure,why not.

Whoa man thank you what are you up to, what are you doing, are you in the area right now? I actually just got back home to Nashville. oh really you're in Nashville cool. You know I use to come see you at Dave & Busters up there on the roof when you're in the, what was it ,the midwest kings or whatever that was. Right on-yeah,yeah,yeah Do you remember those days. Surely, yeah. yeah I mean I'd say we're friends but um we're not. (laughs) nah,I remember you guys.I did see your number out there. What made you move to Nashville? I have to thank Jierny for doing that. Yeah don't blame Jierny please because the truth is, I kind of lied a little bit, she she didn't leave a piece of paper laying out. I kind of got into her Twitter and found it.(laughs) It's really not her fault. That's fantastic. All right.

Hey,How does it feel to have road signs that say welcome to Blue Springs the home of David Cook.You're the biggest celebrity from the area and they've now made you their favorite son. Boy I'd love to know how that feels. It's got to feel good. Oh would you? Yeah I would I'd love to know. Trust me but I'll never, I can't even get my high school to hang up a picture of me. I can't even get my high school to ask me back for career day. I think, I think they should ask bands like (???) for a sign, personally. Right but c'mon I mean David Cook everyone knows David Cook you're a household name. (laughs) How has life changed for you since the days of playing on the rooftop at Dave and Buster's in Kansas City, Kansas to becoming one of the biggest American idols. Well, I say mainly rather than me calling you guys trying to get you to play my stuff,you guys are calling me. That is interesting, it's funny how that works isn't it, weird huh, kind of an overnight thing.

I'm going to see, let's see if you're listed on celebrity networth here now. Yeah, I just saw it --Celebrity networth, have you looked yourself up on celebrity, celebrity networth? I can't say that I have. Let's see what it says here, it's says you're worth five million dollars. You're worth more than that right? Jesus Christ five million dollars that's not bad not,huh? (laughs) Um that does,'t sound accurate but I'll go with it. It doesn't sound accurate? Gimme. Tell me by the tone of your voice why that doesn't sound accurate. You don't have to tell if it's more or less but just you can say that doesn't sound accurate and the way you say it will tell me whether they're being low balling you or saying you are worth more than you are, does that making any sense. Ok yeah that does not sound accurate .Aw,Really? Yeah.That's too bad (laughs) You're on your way.

You got a new record out. I'm sorry? You have a new record? Ah working on one. Yeah you're working on one, right? It says on April 30 2013 you released a new single. We put out a new single, yeah. You did, and XIX recordings, that's Simon Fuller's label. Ah yes. All right,I'm just looking at your wikipedia page. This tells me when I look at your genres, it says alternative rock post grunge and pop rock. Is that what you'd consider yourself. Aw man, I don't know. I'm just curious. Yeah,I have no idea. I would think post grunge probably fits.Huh? I'll take it. Yeah, are you pissed that we called? No I'm happy to talk to you. Really? hey ok I mean. Yeah. Like I said, I use to come and see you on the rooftop of Dave & Busters,it's got to be worth something.We're friends. Right, I feel like we're friends but you know you left town.

You live in Nashville, you ever see Jack White or anybody walking around, why do all musicians besides you -I don't know if you're doing country now that seems to be the big thing or if you're moving that direction but even rock artists are moving to Nashville now. It's a great town, I 've got to say and I'm not going country. Right, but a lot of people are moving out there, why is it? Is it just easy to record, different artists around, a creative vibe? No state income tax? what is it? I lived in LA for a few years , Nashville is everything I love about back home and everything I need about work,so. Alright,do you have a girlfriend? I do. Is she a celebrity? No. Oh, where did you meet her? Ah I met her (?near here?) kind of out & about. Not from this area-is she from LA? Is she from Nashville? She's not from Kansas City or Los Angeles. Oh Okay. Misterious. Sounds like you're doing good David. Alright. Slimfast broke into Jierny's twitter account -its' not her fault-it really isn't.  It's all good -all good. I've just got to call the phone company and change my number. Your middle name is Roland, is that a family name? That is a family name. I like it. What a way to end an interview -thanks David appreciate it-thanks so much bye Ladies & gentleman David Cook, David Cook huh.

Uh.... wow.... talk about getting personal...

Didn't listen to the audio... only read the transcript on their site (which made no sense) &
now read Barb's post (thank you for transcribing!!)

Dumb stunts like that add to my dislike of mainstream radio stations/DJ's...

Anyway... I thought David handled it well.

Guest Guest
Thanks Jeannie and Barb!

Thanks so much for sharing! As always Dave is a gentleman! He is so sweet to put up with these crazy things!

DEBRA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.