Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

3 points and £60 fine

Is what I got last night SadSad

coming home from a mates, I overtook a marked volvo estate doing 60 in a 40 (yes yes what an idiot, should have been paying more attention etc etc)

Anyway, he pulled me over and had me in the back of his car for a chat. Got the first ever points on my previously clean license (had it 3 years now)

Luckily he said he would let me off the fine for the small number plate, so fair play to him, i appreciated that!

Will be going down the station tonight for a slap on the wrist and to hand in my license.

Needless to say I've slowed down a little bit

Morale of the story kids, dont try racing a police car cos it will end in tears

I guess it's easily done, after all they're not really that obvious are they, I mean it's not as if they've got dayglo stripes all over them, loads of lights (blue and red) and big stickers saying POLICE, Laughing

@peejay wrote:
I guess it's easily done, after all they're not really that obvious are they, I mean it's not as if they've got dayglo stripes all over them, loads of lights (blue and red) and big stickers saying POLICE, Laughing
fofl

So it's deffo 3 pts & a £60 FPN? 60 in a 40 puts you close to summons territory. Looks to me like you got off light. Still a total shitter though m8, but we all have to lose our virginity sometime. Very Happy

yes alan, got a fixed penalty notice and the copper said £60 and 3 points. I realise I got off lightly at that speed Shocked

ouch ,

its all i can think of at the moment , apart from , the fact you overtook a copper. thumbsthumbslol!

Some years ago I overtook a carload of plods, think they may have been trainees or summat, on the M40. I was proper twatting it, about 140,and figured the worst thing I could do was slow down. Spent the next couple of weeks cacking it in case they'd clocked my number. Happily they obviously saw reason, or more likely didn't see my number plate. One of the luckiest days of my life. thumbs

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
I thought cop cars have a big blue light on top and stripes down the side ,
Did you have your glasses on ? Shocked

you hooned passed a marked police car? you muppet! Shocked and a volvo too.. it's not like you can't see them, what with being the size of a wardrobe on wheels lit up like a xmas tree LaughingLaughing

i know Sad

it was dark though to be fair.

maybe should have mentioned this before so you dont all think im completely blind lol

@peejay wrote:

Laughing

i know Sad

it was dark though to be fair.

maybe should have mentioned this before so you dont all think im completely blind lol

Toooooo late Matt...........we already do fofl

Matt oh Matt, the only time ive ever overtaken a police car was when they were chasing me Laughing no on a serious note Matt, take it on the chin and learn from it, most people have been there and you wont be the last, just go steady thumbsVery Happythumbs

Guest Guest

Dark? Dark? Dude that's lame! lol! so your headlights didn't bounce off a wardrobe sized motor covered in highly reflective stickers? Eat more carrots or listen to your mum lol!

thankyou for your support *ahem* you sarcy gits! lol

Yeh you're right Matt we shouldn't really take the p*ss so much and we really should be more supportive of a fellow biker and forum member, you've got a point there mate........OR ACTUALLY 3 POINTS foflLaughing

Guest Guest

good point, well presented Peejay... you beat me to it! Laughing

Guest Guest

These posts are so funny. Matt I'm sorry for your loss but honestly, you numpty!! thumbs

Guest Guest

now there's a word that doesn't get used enough... numpty thumbs up there with mong, pleb, muppet and plonker (not calling you that YD, just love them words)

I thought you had to pass an eye sight test for your license Matt, didn't notice a chuffin great MARKED volvo hmmmn

Guest Guest

Mr Magoo! Yes! For life! thumbsLaughingLaughingLaughing

ooh hello! ........just spotted this foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl ....... MATT!!!
oh dear affraid mind on other things lol ?
ok ok i promise not to take the piss............ fingers xd behind back Rolling Eyes

U S H O U L D
H A V E G O N
E T O S P E C
S A V E R S
foflthumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
matt when we meet up tomorrow , I will be in the white van with my name all over it pmsl
foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl

@Davehutch wrote:
matt when we meet up tomorrow , I will be in the white van with my name all over it pmsl

Dave can you take off the dayglo stickers, the blue and red lights and the great big POLICE letters.........or he'll never see you mate and just ride straight past Laughing

Guest Guest
bit of a blonde moment there then. never mind mate.