Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Flashing brake lights?

Guest Guest
What do you think of these, would you use them ?

Do you think it would add to your presence on the road?

I'm thinking of splashing out on these, plug and play as far as I'm aware.

http://www.flashingbrakelights.co.uk/Motorcycle_Products.html

Edited to add, that it might not be legal in the UK but it is in Europe and European law superseds UK law.

I also believe that Mercedes has fitted them to some of their cars as standard.

I still think I'm going to go ahead and get some, what the hell!!

have to say they do seem good , would like to see vid of them not just a gif mind,,

but i bet youd stand out ..............

Guest Guest
Eddie, do a youtube search on flashing brake lights.

I like the one that flashes while stationery with brakes on. Manys the time I've seen cars coming up behind me at lights and thought, Chirist they haven't seen me and I best have a place to escape.

I might give them a go though.

Got a feeling they're illegal. These bloody cyclists insist on using them on the front-drives you mad. angry

I have a Mercedes with these fitted. I dont know if they are the same as the ones for bikes. They work normally until you need to brake hard, then they flash. My car is UK Spec so this type are definitely legal.

If they're fitting them to cars then there likely to be legal. I would check with local plod as to whether they are legal. Otherwise it's just one more reason for them to pull you over and have a go angry. Cyclists use them, but do they get off because they're non-motorised? scratch Interesting idea. I wonder if this will work with an LED backlight? Given I've got one to go in?

I think the law regarding flashing lights on pushbikes is that they can be worn by the rider but can`t be fitted (when flashing)to the bike itself, thats why they have a non-flashing option.

The Mercs and others only flash in emergency braking, UK law says they must be constant, I reckon there's no problem as they can argue that emergency braking = ABS which means your brakes are rapidly coming on and off so technically the lights are only lighting when the brake is on, that they are coming on and off means the light flashes. If that's the case then that still makes aftermarket ones that flash whenever you apply the brakes illegal, but they reckon the law will be changing to allow them.

Guest Guest
I'll try to find the link, but as its ok in Europe to use these, it superseds UK law!!

Same as the new Hid lights on cars, not really legal in the UK but they are in Europe which is why manufacturers put them in.

I'm going to go for it and see what happens!!

My hubby has non standard brake lights on his streetfighter and each time his mot is due he has to sort his exhaust out and put the basic brake light back on as its classed as a failure (so his garage reckons)

Got a feeling they're illegal. These bloody cyclists insist on using them on the front-drives you mad.

I have them front and back of my cycle, if I annoy you then you've seen me cheers

On their own on a cycle, they are technically ilegal coz they are off at times (obviously) but if you also have a constant light, they are fine. As the police do sod all about those with NO LIGHTS AT ALL I don't think I have too much to worry about on that front Very Happy

i dont like the look of these, and they would have to change rules in the mot test, and really cant see a traffic cop liking these to much really, and if you try telling him the law think he will just get fighting

wouldn't waste my time asking the old bill if they are legal
they will be the last to know