Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Sat Nav

Guest Guest
I need to get a sat nav, not going to go down the Garmin route, more likely Tom Tom.

I don't really need the Tom Tom rider as car one will do in the tank bag, what I do need though is for it to be Blue Tooth enabled.

So folks what sat nav to you use which is Blue Tooth enabled.

Cheers

Guest Guest

Well

I've just gone and got a http://shop.snooperdirect.com/product780186.html

Hubby had the idea of getting one from Cash Converters. New never been used. I got a bit of a bargain there.

Not that I will be using any of the speed camera options on it at all, officer!! Laughing

Rose I use a PDA with TomTom on it and just plug it into my AutoCom.

The up side of the PDA is I can have music and TomTom on at the same time the PDA sits in an Otter box http://www.otterbox.com/ if you have an Iphone or other Smart phone you may want to look at Google maps or TomTom on you Smart phone.

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

Guest Guest
I've got Google maps on the phone and its great but don't want to use it in France as the network charges are rediculous!!

This should be alright especially for the price.

mines not bluetoothed. and aits a garmin lol. but great on bikes and can get refurbished ones for £35. but a mate has a navman? i think it is. its touchscreen cost him £80 in a tank bag and has bluetooth. ill ask him what model when i see him thumbs

i use a tomtom go720... bought a cheap handlebar mounting kit off the Bay of E and have a v-can bluetooth lid... gotta find a way to rainproof it tho
apart from that it works well Very Happy

Rose wrote:
I need to get a sat nav, not going to go down the Garmin route, more likely Tom Tom.

I don't really need the Tom Tom rider as car one will do in the tank bag, what I do need though is for it to be Blue Tooth enabled.

So folks what sat nav to you use which is Blue Tooth enabled.

Cheers

I just take the good lady with me. And get the "SAT NAG" for free bananafoflbananafoflfofl (An old one but I like it Very Happy )

Looks a good buy that Rose thumbs

I've got a TomTom Rider 2 great bit of kit but cost arm and leg

Talking of sat navs, can anyone recommend a super cheap one?
I'm getting a bit sick of stopping every 10 miles to get the old map out Laughing

Guest Guest
I'm getting a bit sick of stopping every 10 miles to get the old map out Laughing

Check out cash converters, saved me a bundle.. thumbs

binatone sat navs usually sold in asda, tesco, argos etc. I bought mine for £50 a couple of years ago and used it on my bikes loads. I bought a garmin handlebar mount and modded it to take the binatone support plate.

just thought I would use this post than start another

how do you hear the satnav,or do you find it ok to just look at the screen

as Im fitting a 12volt socket to the bike so I can use the sat-nav

@lee wrote:

i made sure mind had head phone out socket and have a pair in the lid , works very well for me , cant hear sod all over 80 mph for the exhaust note bananabanana

@lee wrote:

Lee my tom tom 1 is easy enough just to look at , its got me every where i wanted to go over the last few years by just looking at it thumbs

cheers for a fast reply,only thing I can do is just give it a go and see how things go

it just concerned me a little about looking at a screen rather than listening to it thumbs

@lee wrote:
cheers for a fast reply,only thing I can do is just give it a go and see how things go

it just concerned me a little about looking at a screen rather than listening to it thumbs
i have mine on the bars , but my eyes are not so good now , and need glass's to read with but i can't see sod all to ride the bike with them on , SadSad geting old Sad ,

@madsod wrote:
@lee wrote:

i have mine on the bars , but my eyes are not so good now , and need glass's to read with but i can't see sod all to ride the bike with them on , SadSad geting old Sad ,
I to wear glasses for reading,so if I dont get on by looking at the screen

will I need a satnav thats got blue tooth,then need an ear piece all this modern tech stuff is above me lol

Lee, The one i have is a old one so no blue tooth , but does the job for me the wife does use blue tooth head set and this is very good also . best look in the shop's or find a good used one of ebay , with headphone out , best of luck . Garry ,,

@madsod wrote:
Lee, The one i have is a old one so no blue tooth , but does the job for me the wife does use blue tooth head set and this is very good also . best look in the shop's or find a good used one of ebay , with headphone out , best of luck . Garry ,,
cheers garry will see how things go once ive tryd it thumbs and dave thumbs