Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scrambler

Howdy

After 20 years without a bike following a serious motocross crash I am now back on two wheels and loving every minute.

I got my hand in again on a DR125 and then jumped in the deep end with a GS850G Old and solid just like me!!!! thumbs

mbike

welcome to the best forum around ( might be a bit quiet for a day or 2 as most of them are off partying)

welcome to the forum thumbs nice old bike you got

Thanks guys, I do love the GS it might be heavy but feels nice on the move, very little gear changes and engine like a sewing machine.

I rode an RM500 on the dirt for a couple of seasons and I enjoyed that monster too. Then I got a new 250 and it was just too quick off the mark for me - hence the bail out and enforced layoff.

I think I would do the same on a 600 sports bike !!!!!

At almost 65 I need to be realistic eh. Sad

@Scrambler wrote:
Thanks guys, I do love the GS it might be heavy but feels nice on the move, very little gear changes and engine like a sewing machine.

I rode an RM500 on the dirt for a couple of seasons and I enjoyed that monster too. Then I got a new 250 and it was just too quick off the mark for me - hence the bail out and enforced layoff.

I think I would do the same on a 600 sports bike !!!!!

At almost 65 I need to be realistic eh. Sad

Why? Twisted Evil Bikes go as quick as you make them. Twisted Evil If you fancy a 600, then at least go and look, possibly test ride one and see how you feel. As they say, One Life, Ride it thumbsthumbs

welcome It's a good forum with plenty of character(s)

Big welcome back to 2 wheels thumbs . One never really leaves it for good, unless the dude upstairs decides its time Very Happy

I have actually got a 1200 Trophy sitting in the garage waiting for repair Very Happy I quite fancy that!!!

get the triumph running mate and youll see how far things have come since the gs 850 oh and Welcome aboard thumbs

get the triumph running mate and youll see how far things have come since the gs 850 oh and Welcome aboard thumbs

I like the idea of the fairing and screen on the Triumph and the luggage. The GS has no place for a sandwich even and I find the wind and bumpy roads at speed are the limiting factor. 140mph? no chance!!!! bad enough at 70!!! (ish)

Thanks for the greetings folks, hope I can get to meet a few of you one day thumbs