Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bedfordbiker

Just passed my motorcycle test!

I did module 1 on Monday and module 2 this morning, and thankfully passed both of them first time!

Now I can finally start looking for a bigger motorcycle! party

and good riddance to those ugly L plates!

Guest Guest
nice one, don't fancy doing the new test my self seems like a right pain in the arse. what bike you after?

@airlock wrote:
nice one, don't fancy doing the new test my self seems like a right pain in the arse. what bike you after?

I'd love a late 70's 400/4, but because of insurance and what-not I'll most likely be looking at something a bit smaller like an old cb250 of sorts thumbs

I'd love a late 70's 400/4, but because of insurance and what-not I'll most likely be looking at something a bit smaller like an old cb250 of sorts thumbs

Well done thumbs Insurance shouldn't be that bad on an old 400/4, classic policies(over 15years) are always cheaper.....but they don't let you build up no claims with a classic policy..

@airlock wrote:

Welldone gratz gratz thumbsthumbsthumbsthumbs

You won't go wrong with any of the old CB's especially the Super Dream. It is bullit proof. You may have a job finding one though.

Guest Guest

Well done, fantastic result party

I'll bet you're very glad to finally get it out of the way, it's onwards and upwards from now on! thumbs as well as the usual options, I would suggest having a look at the new(ish) magazine called "practical sportsbike" as well as the good old "classic bike" as they often have that sort of bike in the classifieds - good luck with your bike shopping! Very Happy

@Bezzer wrote:

Well done thumbs Insurance shouldn't be that bad on an old 400/4, classic policies(over 15years) are always cheaper.....but they don't let you build up no claims with a classic policy..

yeah I did look into that and the no claims thing is another reason why I'll start off on something smaller. thumbs

the other thing is, a 400/4 is one of my dream motorcycles at the moment so I think I'd want at least another year's experience riding before I go trusting myself with such a beautiful machine

Well done mate! You gunna come on the forum rideout? Very Happy

partythumbs

Thanks Very Happy When is the rideout?

Sun 18th Sept thumbs

I would, but I won't have my next bike by then Sad
and my old CG can only do 60mph tops at the moment haha so I wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys anyway!

Guest Guest
Well done mate! You gunna come on the forum rideout? Very Happy

partythumbs

Sun 18th Sept thumbs

and my old CG can only do 60mph tops at the moment haha so I wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys anyway!

rob the dads bike?

@airlock wrote:

Sun 18th Sept thumbs

rob the dads bike?

nahh when I sit on my dad's KTM both of my feet are about 7 inches away from the ground Laughing i'm far too short for it!

I'll let you guys know when I've got my next bike and we can organise another rideout or something! thumbs

Guest Guest
@fr499y wrote:
borrow me zed, i'll go on the kle lol

does this offer extend to everyone or just the girls?

@fr499y wrote:
i'll go on the kle lol

If your'e going on the KLE, i can't imagine her CG would have too much trouble keeping up! party

@airlock wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

does this offer extend to everyone or just the girls?

you can have a go aswell mate lol.

Josh, the kle with the gpz top end and jetted will do about 125mph.. if i remember correctly that's about the same as a b6 mk1 will do bare in mind its also a parallel twin with a hell lot more grunt, even though its only kicking out 58/59BHP Wink

[quote="fr499y"]

@airlock wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Josh, the kle with the gpz top end and jetted will do about 125mph.. if i remember correctly that's about the same as a b6 mk1 will do bare in mind its also a parallel twin with a hell lot more grunt, even though its only kicking out 58/59BHP Wink

Pfft i'll race ya! lol!

1) im not a douche, i dont ride like a idiot.
2) don't need to prove shit
3) wouldn't be fair on you Wink

Anyway keep stuff on topic!

@fr499y wrote:
1) im not a douche, i dont ride like a idiot.
2) don't need to prove shit
3) wouldn't be fair on you Wink

Anyway keep stuff on topic!

LOL you and me both then! I clearly meant on a private road anyhow... thumbs

I would, but I won't have my next bike by then

60mph is as fast as thay are allowed to go on them roads any way.init?

ive seen 61mph on my ace from time to time Laughing yep a ride outs not about who can go the fastest youll be fine lizzi thumbs