Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tubthumper

Speeding Ticket

Hi guys

Just got a 'NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION' through the post for speeding in a 30mph.

Does this mean i will be summoned to court, or can i still receive a fixed penalty notice?

Thanks.... Sad

@madsod wrote:
it will be fixed penalty notice , bad luck
agree

you maybe offerd the speed awareness course,or what ever they call it

around £80.00

ITCHY wrote:
Don't understand it Josh, you drive sooo slowly scratchfoflfofl

That's not what I herd.

And josh how you miss the bright yellow camera

@dick65 wrote:
@mrsstue11 wrote:
Think i may of picked one up today head bang

@Stue11 wrote:
Oh dear Sad

has stu just found out ? Smile
Yea Laughing we will find out soon im sure, she thinks she was doing about 33 in a 30 zone Sad

@Stue11 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
@mrsstue11 wrote:
Think i may of picked one up today head bang

@Stue11 wrote:
Oh dear Sad

has stu just found out ? Smile
Yea Laughing we will find out soon im sure, she thinks she was doing about 33 in a 30 zone Sad

No chance of a ticket at 33 on the speedo reading. True speed 30/31mph

ITCHY wrote:

LOL thats true Itchy your just too slow to keep up! finger lol

ITCHY wrote:

That's not what I herd.

And josh how you miss the bright yellow camera

All the fixed cameras in Northampton are switched off. Which makes no difference as they were all front facing Truvelos anyways which can only catch the front numberplate of cars. No, this was a stealthy van in the middle of town! Embarassed

And i was doing 48 in a 30 zone so i don't think theres any chance of a speed awareness course, maybe a 'young drivers' course if im lucky. Im not proud of it and dont make a habit of it, i was late for Uni and this was on a wide pedestrian-less urban dual carrigeway... Sad

Speeding - The limits

All UK forces abide by national guidelines regarding the speed thresholds for enforcement.

These figures are published by Hertfordshire Police, but certainly South Wales and other local forces comply with the same, even if they don't openly circulate the fact.

The threshold for all enforcement is 10% + 2mph. Then up to 10% + 9mph gets you a National Speed Awareness Course. Up to 10% + 21mph means a Fixed Penalty Notice (or RIDE where available). 10% + 22mph and over earns you a trip to the magistrates (Report For Summons).

30mph limit >> 35 - 42 = NSAC, 43 - 54 = FPN, 55+ = RFS
40mph limit >> 46 - 53 = NSAC, 54 - 64 = FPN, 65+ = RFS
50mph limit >> 57 - 64 = NSAC, 65 - 74 = FPN, 75+ = RFS
60mph limit >> 68 - 75 = NSAC, 76 - 84 = FPN, 85+ = RFS
70mph limit >> 79 - 86 = NSAC, 87 - 94 = FPN, 95+ = RFS

http://www.advancedbikerblog.com/search/label/SPEED%20LIMITS%20IN%20THE%20EU%20-%20EUROPE

OK Tubthumper, it seems no one has actually answered your question.
You received a NIP in the post, which is exactly what it says-a notice of intended prosecution. What you will be asked to provide at this stage is either an acknowledgement that you were the driver at the time of the alleged offence, or the details of the driver should it not have been you.
You will then receive a reply, most likely a Conditional Offer. This allows you to take the option of a fixed penalty and the points. This will almost certainly be £60 and 3 points. Send your licence & cheque, and it's finished with.
If, however, you were going substantially over the limit, you will receive a summons to appear in court. Pretty unlikely TBH.
Some constabularies offer speed awareness courses which you will pay for but which normally you will avoid the points. Note it doesn't quosh the speeding conviction which you will need to disclose to your insurance company.

I've been told josh was doing 48 in a 30 ?????

Well I got fixed penalty & £60 for 42 in a 30. Best cross your fingers I guess

Remember 10 of us went thru a speed camera. Old flashing one. Doing 30 but it went nuts lol. Like local speed watch guns shows your speed. Id blip from 20 to 30 and I got 121 out of it before. John now knows its me and points at floor the boring fart

According to the ACPO guidelines, i'm, 2mph under being summoned to court.

30mph. 35mph = FPN. 50mph = Summons.

Should be OK then, allthough I could do without the points. And I thought a Speed Awareness course means there is no conviction as there is no points?

Should be OK then, allthough I could do without the points. And I thought a Speed Awareness course means there is no conviction as there is no points?

As far as I'm aware you're right, got that last year. The course is usually a bit more expensive than the fine, but you don't get the points. However, get caught again within three years and it's points and a fine, which I'm on now head bang . If you were doing 48, you might not get the option of a course, may be straight to the points and a fine Sad

The above is a guide and not law.

Some plod forces will be operating ZERO TOLERANCE if government proposals get the green light.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23200/Zero-tolerance-speeding.html