Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skrach86

Winter clean up

Im back! , not posted for a bit, have been mad with work up until start of dec, then have been away till this week, so whilst i have a week at home ive been tinkering, ive stripped the bike down and started cleaning bits up and doin some general tidying work. Overall plan before march is full new exhaust system , braided lines, new tail tidy, i fitted jack up kit tuesday and took all fairings off, and took downpipes off, ive replaced fuel tap, ive cleaned all the ram air system up today and the head unit, fitted new double bubble screen as well, gna be stripping calipers tmoz and giving them an over haul, new pads as well, got both throttle cables to replace and clutch cable, then some new rubber, then sending it to garage to get timing belt done and valve timing etc. And lastly the chain and sprockets, will do the smaller bits within next few days , then need to buy down pipes and chain n sprockets. Cant wait to get back riding in 2012! thumbs
p.s. i shall keep posting pics

bad and good news there dave, at least its over now hey and work to look forward to! thumbs
And cheers for that dick, thats who i got my headers from for my other bike, shall be using them again. thumbs

@skrach86 wrote:
bad and good news there dave, at least its over now hey and work to look forward to! thumbs
And cheers for that dick, thats who i got my headers from for my other bike, shall be using them again. thumbs

nice one mate good quality and not too pricey thumbs

Welcome back mate please keep the updates coming and plenty of pics Very Happythumbs

She looks clean i had one of them quite a few years back in the red/maroon colour, i'll sort out some pics an show ya was a zx6 on a p, I liked it then for some reason decieded to sell it and i bought a klx650 that was super moto'd i dont no why but thats life.

Good work thumbs im so glad we get winter's gives us all time to make the bike's look so nice ' Very HappyVery Happy

Well got all the fairings cleaned up, inside and out, got a bit ocd lol. Took calipers apart could only get two pistons out they were jammed up that bad, even tried to pop em out when they were still bled up, but it wasnt helping. so there down at bike place get blasted out with some heat, then gona clean em up. Changed oil and filter and cleaned all engine up, it was black when i started, 14 yrs of crap on it, its come up real good, again a bit ocd but o well. Just giving everything a good clean whilst its all apart, blumin kwaks are a pain in the ass to fiddle with, everythings behind sumat else, o well.

@skrach86 wrote:
then sending it to garage to get timing belt done and valve timing etc.

These dont have timing belts,think the only bikes that do are Ducati.

@skrach86 wrote:
then sending it to garage to get timing belt done and valve timing etc.

These dont have timing belts,think the only bikes that do are Ducati.

i meant chain. Sorry typo

Well finally bit the bullet so to speak. Just ordered new brakelines and exhaust downpipes, pics to follow upon delivery. Hopefully tuesday. Very Happy
Then i can start puttin her back thumbs together

nice clean up job its a sod when you got to remove ten parts to get at the one you want but worth it in the end i think.

Right, where to start, got everthing done pretty much, bit the bullet and bought everything, and got it together lastweek, bin on a couple rides still got a few niggles to sort, but pretty much there, not got many pics, but managed to get exhaust system sorted which souns insane Twisted Evil brake lines, new rubber.
Went and flipin dropped it last weekend in the garage, took it off paddock stand and was hold grab rails as i always do, had already put side stand down so leaned it over to rest it up and the side stand must have not been down fully and the bike just kept going, had no chance of saving it from stood behind , but luckily it did no damage at all part from bust the indi mounts which cost bout £2 so no prob at all, but part from that all up and running. its down at bike place today havin clutch line and throttle cables on and carbs cleaned n balanced so should have her bk by tmoz pint

Fairplay she's mighty fine mate love it thumbsthumbs thankgod there wasnt much damage i'd have been pig sick but weve all probably done it thumbsthumbs

did the same with me hornet a few weeks ago mate luckily only bent the clutch lever so was sorted for under a fiver and a badly bruised leg hate to think if it had been me bandit though Sad