Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

textile trousers

Got some ixon bike trousers which have been fine although getting worn out and one zip tricky to use so taking a deco around for budget replacements, think these were about £77 four or five years ago.

What do you guys use, leathers? I'm looking at Spada Podium at around £95 but also watching a few second hand items on ebay.

At the moment Im using my red route jeans

but prefer leathers every time thumbs

leathers i got a pair from GEORGE WHITES now gone Sad
FRANK thomas £120 for the pair
i also wear a back support . oxford one on that

bike jeans Redrock with all the armour

and most other gear is buffalo

and i have 4 pair of gloves

and 3 pairs of boots and lots of other crap affraidaffraid

Frank Thomas leathers thumbs quality leather at a bargain price's thumbsthumbs

i used to wear leathers a lot, but been wearing my draggins more lately.. cant beat leathers though for saftey!!

me in power ranger mode!

Frank Thomas and Joe Rocket textile jackets and Frank Thomas leather and textile trousers and Hood kevlar jeans.
Joe Rocket and Triumph gloves.
TCX boots.

Had all sorts over the years though like Hein Gericke, Alpinestars Spada etc.

where to start Laughing
leathers:revit! and ixon sport and touring types
textiles:revit!, ixon and frank thomas
gloves:revit! and tuzo
boots:alpinestars and frank thomas gortex
helmet:agv stealth
+loads of other stuff thumbs

reading the comments seems we are as bad as the ladies (regarding handbags and shoes) when it comes to gathering bike gear, come to think I've three helmets, several jackets and loads of gloves too!

Met a biker who said that when his partner noticed something he had bought for his bike or bike related he used to say, 'oh, I've had that for ages'

I said something about good thinking

He said, 'it's just what she says to me when I see she has a dress or coat I haven't seen before'

@Iano wrote:
reading the comments seems we are as bad as the ladies (regarding handbags and shoes) when it comes to gathering bike gear, come to think I've three helmets, several jackets and loads of gloves too!

Met a biker who said that when his partner noticed something he had bought for his bike or bike related he used to say, 'oh, I've had that for ages'

I said something about good thinking

He said, 'it's just what she says to me when I see she has a dress or coat I haven't seen before'
agree but you should see how much polish i have also , and Dave is just as bad . a clean bike is a happy bike , and it look;s and goes so much better affraid

the shinier and slippery i make my fairing the faster the bike goes Laughing

@dick65 wrote:
the shinier and slippery i make my fairing the faster the bike goes Laughing
Dead right Dick cheerscheers

I use IXS leathers and IXS textile jackets and trousers, Sidi boots, Schuberth C3 helmet and Forcefield spine/back protector. Also replaced jacket inserts with Forcefield armour

@goferit wrote:
PERHAPS THEY KNEW A THING OR TWO ---WAY BACK WHEN ?? Cool

Trouble is that if you got yer knee down youd need a welder or blacksmith to put your kit right! fofl

@madsod wrote:
leathers i got a pair from GEORGE WHITES now gone Sad
FRANK thomas £120 for the pair
i also wear a back support . oxford one on that

bike jeans Redrock with all the armour

and most other gear is buffalo

and i have 4 pair of gloves

and 3 pairs of boots and lots of other crap affraidaffraid

You'll be pleased to know George Whites are trading again at the same premises. No bikes now, but lots of kit. All at marked down prices.

marked down prices.

seems you have to visit - preferable anyway to try gear on.

I've never worn leather (apart from at the blue oyster bar) always wear textile, haven't got a clue what brand apart from Hein Gerrike jacket

i prefer leather, got some richoc i think it is leather trousers, very good well happy for £44 brand new. Smile

just need a jacket now. i prefer leather as they dont blow about in the wind as much, and obviously the saftey reasons

Not getting the obviously for safety bit Chad, I would say the textile was as safe if not safer.

ITCHY wrote:
Not getting the obviously for safety bit Chad, I would say the textile was as safe if not safer.
No way leather is the best for safety Shocked

@Davehutch wrote:
ITCHY wrote:
No way leather is the best for safety Shocked

sorry have to disagree rich

leather you slide more, less friction, its tighter so doesnt move around as much, more retardent to any fire etc. a lot tougther too i ahve textile and leather trousers, havent worn the textiles since i bought my leather ones. thumbs

i wear a textile jacket more than my leather one but ive got several to choose from, i rarely wear my textile trousers i prefer my leather ones more i think there comfier and more robust,ive got some nice sporty touring ones which go over your boots and i wouldnt be without them now thumbs