Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

got me thinking yesterday

when you stop your engine on your bike do you hit the kill switch or turn the ignition off to stop the engine ? and is there a right or wrong way ??

key, the kill switch is for emergencies, apparently using the kill switch all the time can not only wear the switch but also put excess wear on the coils ( not sure how true it actually is )

I usually just turn the ign. switch off. When I had my T595 the general opinion on T595.net was that using the kill switch on an injected bike could damage the ECU

Kill switch for me.... Never had any probs with it..... And no before u ask Dave it wasn't me, Laughing

i use the kill switch have done for the last 20 years and never had a problem . and i will still do so , but what ever rock.s your boat , LaughingLaughing . at the end of the day its a switch , so the main one could wear out just the same ,

the way i look at it is why wear out the kill switch when you gotta turn the ignition off anyway hehe

turn ignition off then then flick the kill switch off,do this all the time thumbs

Only time I use the kill switch is if I'm away from home parked up over night.

I know the scum are unlikely to start it and ride it just wheel it into a van.

My mate loves to do what happened to you on sunday particulary when sat at traffic lights.
he thinks its funny smack

Neither, most of the time I pull up leave it in gear and then put the side stand down. Not the best way I suppose but have always done it since my testing days where it was part of the process after the rolling road. It then just became a habit.

@dick65 wrote:
turn ignition off then then flick the kill switch off,do this all the time thumbs

I did that dick then tried for a while to start it, then the penny dropped EmbarassedEmbarassed

LaughingLaughing its something ive always done but i can see its easily done thumbs

@dick65 wrote:

Thought I would do this a while ago. I usually just turn the ignition off. Took me ages to suss what I had done the next time I tried to start it....DOH!