Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

stock exhaust mod (b-king )

Do you think it is safe to do this ? they reckon it makes a nice noise but nothing silly to get pulled, My only worry is some have lost the core bit you drill out down the pipe rather than coming out with the drill bit confused

for what its worth, buy after market cans, atleast then you got the originals to put back on if and when you sell Smile

go for it Dave , just take your time and pull back nice and slow lol!lol!

pick up a second hand stock exhaust to play with? im just thinking if something goes wrong, you have a backup thumbs dont wanna be without a

mmm dunno if i'd want to butcher the stock cans scratch

@Stue11 wrote:

agree . If you like them on, why change? If you want a different sound, get some different cans no1

@Stue11 wrote:

agree . If you like them on, why change? If you want a different sound, get some different cans no1

agree

TheBiker46 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

agree
agreethumbs

Wont it void the warranty study

if you like them dave then as said see if you can pick some up to mess about with thumbs

thats the right decision i reckon Dave thumbsthumbs

Dave, you can fit the "rocket launchers" over Yoshi pipes for the stock look with decent cans. FWIW drilling the stock can doesn't do much to improve the sound. All you do with this mod is remove two out of several baffle plates in the box - Suzy made it quite complex (and very heavy)in there pint

Old and Disgraceful Twisted Evil

@ptolemyx wrote:
Dave, you can fit the "rocket launchers" over Yoshi pipes for the stock look with decent cans. FWIW drilling the stock can doesn't do much to improve the sound. All you do with this mod is remove two out of several baffle plates in the box - Suzy made it quite complex (and very heavy)in there pint

Old and Disgraceful Twisted Evil
thanks brian thumbs

get em off dave Shocked the cans that is,my m8 had one with two brothers stubbys on sounded lush.plus think of the weight you will save to get more in your topbox Smile

dont mess about with the stock cans dave they will look botched and sound crap far better get some aftermarket ones mate nice and shiny thumbs

dont mess about with the stock cans dave they will look botched and sound crap far better get some aftermarket ones mate nice and shiny thumbs
agreethumbs

thinking of doing this again , been reading the thread on the b-king forum , no one has had any problems with doing this , a couple of people have lost the bit they drill out down the pipe rather than it sticking to the saw , so any ideas how to make sure it sticks to the hole saw ????

Please don't do this Dave. I'm sure you'll agree it's a bit of an "agricultural" mod and as I said before it will not make much difference to the sound and once the stock silencer is buggered it's buggered for good. I think I've wisely put all my stock parts in storage in perfect condition and strongly urge you to do the same. Get some Yoshi's which you can fit beneath the stock "rocket launcher" covers for a decent sounding exhaust with the stock look that you like.

Old and Disgraceful racer2

@ptolemyx wrote:
Please don't do this Dave. I'm sure you'll agree it's a bit of an "agricultural" mod and as I said before it will not make much difference to the sound and once the stock silencer is buggered it's buggered for good. I think I've wisely put all my stock parts in storage in perfect condition and strongly urge you to do the same. Get some Yoshi's which you can fit beneath the stock "rocket launcher" covers for a decent sounding exhaust with the stock look that you like.

I am listening to you Brian , but what harm can it do ? and reading the thread on the b-king forum they all say it makes a nice difference confused Like i say m8 i am listening to you thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
pick up a second hand stock exhaust to play with? im just thinking if something goes wrong, you have a backup thumbs dont wanna be without a
agree

@ptolemyx wrote:

agreeagreeagreethumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@ptolemyx wrote:

agreeagreeagreethumbs

agreeagreeagree See my previous comment. Just leave them alone Dave thumbs

I am not one of these people that ask then take no notice , but stue ,Mike why would you not do it? , dont know if you can open the link i posted from the king forum ,to me it is a easy mod that gives a better sound and still keep that look that seems to bother every one else, what I have read is the only problem is some have not pulled the bit they cut out back with the saw, am i missing something ?? I really value all your comments,and those that know me know I wont just rush in t it

Dave, if your serious about doing it, my
only advise would be WAIT! Loads of folk
are putting aftermarket can's on, someone
somewhere will sell you a cheap factory
silencer box.

Either do it to a spare, or have it ready
if you dont like it or want to sell the bike.

Swapping can's over isnt complicated.

@Davehutch wrote:
I am not one of these people that ask then take no notice , but stue ,Mike why would you not do it? , dont know if you can open the link i posted from the king forum ,to me it is a easy mod that gives a better sound and still keep that look that seems to bother every one else, what I have read is the only problem is some have not pulled the bit they cut out back with the saw, am i missing something ?? I really value all your comments,and those that know me know I wont just rush in t it

The link to the B-King Forum opens, but you need to log in to see the thread.

It's a purely personal thing with the mod mate. I know it's cliche, but all the "stock" parts on a bike are a certain shape, size and layout for a reason. They all relate to how the bike is set-up to run. I know we all want a better sound from our bikes, me as much as everyone else, but that's what the "after-market" parts are for, and why few people on the forum have "stock" cans on their bikes. If you do ever sell the B-King, unlikely I know, and the guy wants a standard sound, then it won't go because of what you've done. Personally it sounds fine as is.

I know you won't rush in mate and in the end it's your bike, so up to you whether you do it. But for me, I'd leave as is.

should have got that nice pair of Art cans i found you , SadSad

@Davehutch wrote:
just brought a stock exhaust for £45

Well done Dave.

I understand why your doing it.

You might as well core the one on the bike
as they are non-visible and one's the same
as the next.

If your not 100% happy then, another option
is to remove the can, open it up, gut the insides,
and get it re-welded shut as there's a limit
to what you can acheive with a drill.

I wouldnt worry about it effecting the bike.
Having a long system, a Cat, and a EXUP type valve
they arent sensitive to end can's.
I went from stock to open can's with no
re-mapping and know to several others who have.

@Davehutch wrote:
just brought a stock exhaust for £45

Well done Dave.

I understand why your doing it.

You might as well core the one on the bike
as they are non-visible and one's the same
as the next.

If your not 100% happy then, another option
is to remove the can, open it up, gut the insides,
and get it re-welded shut as there's a limit
to what you can acheive with a drill.

I wouldnt worry about it effecting the bike.
Having a long system, a Cat, and a EXUP type valve
they arent sensitive to end can's.
I went from stock to open can's with no
re-mapping and know to several others who have.
thumbsthumbs

So you're going to keep one stock silencer in as near mint condition as possible - brilliant. (I've got all my stock parts wrapped up nice and comfy.) Agree with Tony, now you've got one to play with cut it open and take as much as you want out. As I've told you several times the stock silencer is quite a labarynth inside and drilling out the two final baffle plates will make little difference. Even if you completely gut the can it will not make much difference to the running of the bike as yours is otherwise completely standard: you will not really need to alter the fuelling unless you go further down the engine mod' route with airbox changes etc.

@ptolemyx wrote:
So you're going to keep one stock silencer in as near mint condition as possible - brilliant. (I've got all my stock parts wrapped up nice and comfy.) Agree with Tony, now you've got one to play with cut it open and take as much as you want out. As I've told you several times the stock silencer is quite a labarynth inside and drilling out the two final baffle plates will make little difference. Even if you completely gut the can it will not make much difference to the running of the bike as yours is otherwise completely standard: you will not really need to alter the fuelling unless you go further down the engine mod' route with airbox changes etc.

i cant cut it open then weld it up Embarassed so was going to drill the one on my bike Embarassed and keep the one that is coming to me , as a back up / putt back to standerd scratch

Slice it, take all the pipes out, and put a straight bit of perforated tube/packing inside. thumbsLaughing

@Davehutch wrote:
came today !!

great stuff dave reckon the microwave will go in the top box LaughingLaughing

glad you got another just incase thumbs

At long last I've found the pic of a torn apart can......

I think you may be able to drill through the baffle you can see looking down the outlet pipes and on through the baffle plate that goes right across the silencer nearer the inlet ( If you see what I mean) racer2

Check the link I've posted on the B-King site Dave thumbs

just get on with it and stop going on, anything you do to them exhausts has got to be an improvement.

hide

good luck with opening out that pair of holes , you just cant beat it foflfofl