Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Hein Gericke

wouldnt surprise me Dave,theres loads going under.

Been in today Dave big notice saying they had gone into administration, also said going to be big sales soon to pay off some debts!

Yep confirmed elsewhere like http://www.stayontheblack.com/news/hein-gericke-placed-into-administration/

Will be interesting to see how it ends up because IIRC HG had an odd structure in terms of certain stores being 'fully ran' and some being sort of franchised out to a self employed manager. I don't think that I've ever seen more than 4 people in the Leicester branch.

People that have been around a while will remember Carnells/MC going belly up in a far better economic climate, so it's not a great surprise.

I reckon it's unlikely a buyer would take the lot on, unless they intended to farm every branch out as a franchise, but retain the clothing brand rights for the UK and stick HG labels on some cheapo shoddy gear. More likely that a buyer would want to keep the top ten or so performing branches and let the others go to smaller players.

Probably some margin and market in the online sales side (assuming they sorted out the hideous website) because I presume they have some customer loyalty for niche stuff and can leave the anodised bolt kit brigade to stick with M&P/Busters/MPS/whatever they're called this week.

When you consider that the long time UK distributor of Arai is calling it a day at the the end of the year because it's not making enough money, then it's clear that no market segment is safe these days.

Bring on the sales Laughingthumbsthumbs

our local carlisle branch has a self employed manager,the staff are different everytime i go in .

Guess where I just ordered nearly £700 worth of kit from? affraid

hope you get it alan thumbs

if you used a credit card to pay for it you will either get your money back or the kit Shocked

Bad times all round , i went to the Bristol one a few weeks back and i did think at the time how do they make any money as i had the shop all to my self ,

Hope it was on credit card mate, then you'll be OK.

I phoned the administrators yesterday (Moorfields)as we have so vouchers as a raffel prize for the Vosa Rejects Rally (To be held in August)and was told that although the could not confirm it as they had only been appointed the day before they expected them to be trading for the next month but asked me to get back to them latter next week. I think all the shops are run on a manager franchise basis most that I have had dealings with over the years have anyway. So may be some may start up as independent traders.

The store in darlington has everything must go in the window so going down hoping to get a bargain.

I phoned the Nottingham store this morning and my stuff is awaiting collection. I'll nip out from the office on Friday and do the honours. Smile

Yeehah, got my stuff. 2 x Shoei XR1100 and a pair of Alpinestars waterproof boots. List price around £860, I paid £677. I'll take that. thumbs

Result thumbs

Just had an email from them saying everything must be sold off. Time for a tram ride into Nottm methinks.

TheBiker46 wrote:
Result thumbs

Just had an email from them saying everything must be sold off. Time for a tram ride into Nottm methinks.

Average ticket discount is 10%, but talk to Ethan and who knows what you might get Smile

TheBiker46 wrote:
Result thumbs

Average ticket discount is 10%, but talk to Ethan and who knows what you might get Smile

Thanks for the heads up thumbs

sorted alan thumbs im having a ride over to our local branch after work tommorow thumbsthumbs

got me another helmet HJC ISMAX, will do for work Laughing

just been down to get mel some 2 piece water proofs 20% off, and guess who had for got his and got wet through Embarassed mel come back with hers on .

Anyway it was packed the manager said the took £15,000 yesterday , normally dont do that in 2 weeks