Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

2013 forum camping/rideout weekend (CHAT)

I can do it m8 ,as I don't know the roads I don't mind thumbs  thumbs 

I dont mind either Dave. Went to the site today and for the amount of heavy rain we have had it still looks good (well drained). The staff were about as helpful as a chocolate teapot though. I nearly asked them if they knew anyone on site with a brain cell !!! Laughing 

sorry lads but looks like I will have to give this one a miss, got a lot on at work and have to pull out a lot for tax bill and deposit for my sons uni accommodation. hope you all have a good time .Sad 

@fr499y wrote:
I definitely wont be coming for the ride out Sad 

Shame Matt. Always the next one. Hope all is okay! thumbs 

@madcarper wrote:
sorry lads but looks like I will have to give this one a miss, got a lot on at work and have to pull out a lot for tax bill and deposit for my sons uni accommodation. hope you all have a good time .Sad 

Shame mate, was looking forward to catching up again. Good luck with the work, the tax and Uni accommodation Shocked  Shocked 

Have to try and organise a run out in a few weeks thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
I can do it m8 ,as I don't know the roads I don't mind thumbs  thumbs 

@Oldfart wrote:
I dont mind either Dave.  Went to the site today and for the amount of heavy rain we have had it still looks good (well drained).  The staff were about as helpful as a chocolate teapot though.  I nearly asked them if they knew anyone on site with a brain cell !!! Laughing 

Was going to say I could do it, but don't know the roads well. Looks like we have candidates so shouldn't be a problem  thumbs

Ok then. Us Northern lads have lost out Chief Scout, so we'll have to rely on google, the AA or RAC. Checking the route, the "best" one I can see is A1, M18, M1 and off at Jnct 26 onto the A610 (Nuthall Road) then pick up the A6514 (Western Blvd then Middleton Blvd). From there onto the A52 and round to the centre.

It's a bit longer, but keeps you out of Nottingham itself. See route below

Possible Route

What do people think?  confused   scratch

Thats a shame ian not been to see ya for a while. Been so busy at work and home.

Hope to meet up soon for a brew.

Ok then. Us Northern lads have lost out Chief Scout, so we'll have to rely on google, the AA or RAC. Checking the route, the "best" one I can see is A1, M18, M1 and off at Jnct 26 onto the A610 (Nuthall Road) then pick up the A6514 (Western Blvd then Middleton Blvd). From there onto the A52 and round to the centre.

Possible Route

I live not far from Jct 26.  If your taking that route beware of the average speed cameras all down Western Blvd and Middleton Blvd and as you get to the hospital plod has a speed trap there almost daily.

This is the route I'm taking from Jct 27 as I'm only 5 mins away from it.  It goes near Nottm but only skirts the city

http://goo.gl/maps/49uYY

But if you are arriving around 4pm onwards then your route is probably the best to avoid the rush hour

shame you cant make it ian.

route looks ok mike i'll go with the flow m8 just watch out for speed cameras thumbs 

Possible Route

Looks OK to me thumbs

I mentioned to mike (gravelrash) im going to see me old m8 gaz (XS1100)on the sunday so afraid i wont be riding back thumbs thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
I mentioned to mike (gravelrash) im going to see me old m8 gaz (XS1100)on the sunday so afraid i wont be riding back thumbs thumbs

you can nip round here then and wrap your paddock stand ready to post to yourself.

And wish I knew what I had done to upset gaz

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

you can nip round here then and wrap your paddock stand ready to post to yourself.

you got a big box and is the kettle on m8 Laughing  thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

it does come apart, might strap it to your bike

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

it does come apart, might strap it to your bike

never mind that is the kettle on Laughing we'll sort summat m8 thumbs 

@Oldfart wrote:

Possible Route

I live not far from Jct 26.  If your taking that route beware of the average speed cameras all down Western Blvd and Middleton Blvd and as you get to the hospital plod has a speed trap there almost daily.

This is the route I'm taking from Jct 27 as I'm only 5 mins away from it.  It goes near Nottm but only skirts the city

http://goo.gl/maps/49uYY

But if you are arriving around 4pm onwards then your route is probably the best to avoid the rush hour

Thanks for the info. Will make sure we stick to the limit on the way to the site thumbs  thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:

No problem mate. Looking forward to a good weekend, and that sounds like a good way to round it off  thumbs   thumbs 

Will see you Friday  thumbs

@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
Kettles always on for you m8

But bring your own milk Smile 

i will have cows milk dont worry peops. thumbs   I dont normally keep cows milk in cos i drink soya or nut milk as a rule.

One more sleep  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs 

Not sure if will have time to be back on later on today or in the morning so I will wish everyone a safe journey down and look forward to meeting everyone there. Take care and see you all tomorrow  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs

Okay boys, will meet you at Morton Park at 13:00 (usual place)  thumbs   thumbs 

Mark
Mike (Gravelrash)
Skelly

then on to Scotch Corner  thumbs   thumbs 

to meet Dick

then  ekib

Looking forward to it  thumbs   Laughing   thumbs   Laughing   thumbs

can't make it this time ...but please all enjoy yourselves and ride safe thumbs 

Okay boys, will meet you at Morton Park at 13:00 (usual place)  thumbs   thumbs 

Mark
Mike (Gravelrash)
Skelly

then on to Scotch Corner  thumbs   thumbs 

to meet Dick

then  ekib

Looking forward to it  thumbs   Laughing   thumbs   Laughing   thumbs

See you tomorrow Mike thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
see you all tomorrow thumbs ride safe all party 

See you at the service station at Scotch Corner Dick, be great to see you again!

06.31 and I'm up and raring to go. I can see a bright and sunny morning out there with only a few fluffy bits in the sky Smile  see y'all this afternoon thumbs 

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2 

@ptolemyx wrote:
06.31 and I'm up and raring to go. I can see a bright and sunny morning out there with only a few fluffy bits in the sky Smile  see y'all this afternoon thumbs 

see you soon m8

@Stue11 wrote:
Enjoy yourselves thumbs thumbs 

Thanks Stue!  thumbs 

@ptolemyx wrote:

Yep! nice here this morning, see you this afta and safe journey  wave

@Davehutch wrote:
Have a safe journey all and see you later

And you mate. All looks good so a safe ride and I'll see you for an orange later on  thumbs   thumbs   thumbs

Yippee sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  Hope it stays like this, see you all this afternoon

Sun's out in Nottingham and I think they'll get a decent day. I just had to text Dave to say I'm not coming-got a lot to catch up and also prepare for mother in law coming out of hospital on Monday. Gutted Sad 

Have a great ride guys thumbs 

thanks all hope you enjoyed it  

i did post on the b-king forum after Brians reaction ,

"Hi all sorry don't want to put a spanner in the works but had my forum ride out today and as some will know it's nearly the same as the one I was doing for this , now Brian came up all the way from Devon but a third of the way round said it was too slow , and would be no good for this rideout, and went home , the other 11 said it was fine ,

So I really don't know what to do now , and don't really want to be in his company again"

(this was his reply , I do hope you dont all feel the same)

"So I really don't know what to do now , and don't really want to be in his company again "

Sorry you have such a childish reaction to me leaving your weekend early but "piss-up" and "brewery" are words that come to mind. I look forward to seeing you again in September Dave, but I won't be joining a ride out if you lead it......

and my reply to that >>

so sorry to let you all down guys , the other 11 people on the ride out thought it was run well , this is really knocked my confidence to run the ride out in september , sure brian will do it better , And hope you understand why I wont be joining you all , hope to keep in touch with you all , Have a great weekend , sorry again Dave