Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

My zx9r project

Okay ive started already, got the bike mechanically sound, but few marks looks like someones hit the gravel on a track day, a crack by intercator, and on top by screen of fairing. but some cleaning etc it will be fine.

however i am painting it, and going to get it looking nicer.

so this is how i got it

ive took the scott oiler off as i dont like it, bike so oily needs a good de-grease. and ive took the rear rack off, not my cuppa but kept it for it i come up north to meet you guys or if i go germany next year like said etc, be handy to have.

i am going to paint it, at the moment ive got this at mind
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Moto+GP+Hayate+Melandri&view=detail&id=07655BC9075D967A054E62DF8EBE968CDDE0E7F6

trying to imagine it on a road going bike thou, but time will tell.

first stop new exhaust asap!

anyway heres it current state. minus rack in first pic

Nice one Chad look forward to the updates and pics thumbsthumbs

Paint looks a bit complicated, but will look good finished thumbsthumbs Keep the updates and pics coming thumbsthumbs

That paint job will look well chad

I also like the colour it is now aswell

Im sure you will make it your own thumbs

I'd keep it the standard colour as it Looks good but each to their own thumbs

i do, andf i dont yes its nice but i like difference, too many blue ones. and secondly its been in a gravel pit so need some paint, and rather do ti different if im paying out thumbs

have a look at delkevic cans if you are lookking to change. I got a stubby moto gp and its boss on my cbr 600

and off the road we are Sad going to miss riding the bike. but be worth it as the paintwork now begins.

Personal taste.

Although nearly all my bike are/have been black,
I really do like the 9's original blue paint.
The only bike i've had respayed recently went a similar blue.

Having said that, I'd love a Kwak in the green / white / blue colours thumbs

agree the blues a nice colour but i like a kwak in green that was there racing colour in the 1970's,kawasaki also had a red phase in the 1980's thumbs

well she has started stripping for me! i told her not to but she wouldnt stop Very Happy

also my nose cone is in for repair with a mate as this was the damage

bit of progress ive scotched all the panels down apart from the sides ones, and tank as they need a da to remove paint ridges.

and the mudguard is stuck to the bike, no rust, just been done up so tight it gets to a point i could chew the screws up, might come to taking the risk and if all goes wrong cutting them off Sad

my friend has done some good work on the nose cone,

from this

to this

to this

and this

also painted the purple exhuast, but im not happy with it. if i can get it to sit at a better angle ill get it polished up nicely if not it will do for now

also thought this was funny, thought i would see if i could get 25 miles home on reserve, well i had 140ml of petrol left
Laughing

ive been busy.

heres some filler work i did

i primed the panels yesterday and flated the, today

and today the base coat went on

pics dont give the colour justice, and no laquer yet so wont be as shiney.

and now the blacks on

also something for stue, along with a decal ive put this on the bike,

Very nice work , & as you have found out lots more to paint then the sv
with all the plastic , still does look good

@madsod wrote:
Very nice work , & as you have found out lots more to paint then the sv
with all the plastic , still does look good

only did tank on sv.

ive used 400ml in grey, 100ml in black, 500ml in primer, and just clear to go Wink

why not bin the sleeve on the can, buy a carbon or stainless sleeve? I think carbon can would look perfect with that colour tbf thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
why not bin the sleeve on the can, buy a carbon or stainless sleeve? I think carbon can would look perfect with that colour tbf thumbs

Fireblade can so sits at a dodgy angle. So going to.get a werx carbon 380mm at some point

carbon will look the tits on that. How much are the werx cans? because powertech do some nicer looking ones pretty cheap Wink

powertech does there GP cans in carbon for £179 ( or best offer, so no doubt will get it for £160 Wink ) PM'd ya there ebay link

decals are on, and clearcoat will be on saturday, quite pleased, not sure on the busyness of belly pan but if not ill re-do it in the summer, but pleased with the rest of the bike

Fairplay Chad that looks the dogs ..... cant wait to see her finished, briging the Hayate back into folks memories of gp's thumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Fairplay Chad that looks the dogs ..... cant wait to see her finished, briging the Hayate back into folks memories of gp's thumbsthumbs

yeah mate dont know much about them. maybe youll be able to tell us one day, but i think their bikes look really nice, and its rare, so its nice to ride something that not many others have. never seen a zx9r in these colours, and never seen a hayate rep in the flesh

Looking good.

Is it normal to do it so quick ?
The guy who does mine always lets it sit
for a while, not sure if that's to harden/cure?

Hayate means Hurricane in japanese thumbs the team decided to use the name rather than kawasaki because there wasnt much involement from the factory support thumbs circa 2009 thumbs

Looking good.

primer you just need to be hard enought to sand. base you can worth with very soon. then clears the killer basically, does ideally need bakeing but ill let it sit for a day or 2 and then will be fine.

high flow bodyshops dont take a week to do a car? need it in an out asap. thumbs

saying that my fingers and arms are acheing from all the rubbing down Laughing

were they dark grey or carbon?

ive gone lighter as it brings the black out more etc.
Doesn't really matter mate the bike was all black carbon but a splash of grey wont hurt thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
were they dark grey or carbon?

ive gone lighter as it brings the black out more etc.
Doesn't really matter mate the bike was all black carbon but a splash of grey wont hurt thumbs

thanks everyone

and stue do you think the belly pans too much?

people saying hayate didnt have that many they did but my pans half the size so its more of a squeeze, but not sure if its too much?

any opinions welcome, as rather move/ take them off before i laquer sturday.

Personally I like the Belly Pan as is Chad but really it depends on whether your happy or not. Great work on the respray and choice of colour by the way and +1 for the carbon can! thumbsthumbs

set back!

coolants got orange crap in. hoping its not head gasket, going to flush it see what it brings, looking at it its hopefully rusty water. someones put shite coolant in it, aka the last service £550 one, bat motorcycles i believe. if not would be ardvark.

looking good chad,btw you should not leave basecoat to long between clearcoating or you can get adhesion problems.

Looking well chad I like the look of it

the bellypan looks fine,ignore negative comments from else where

Embarassed have I said to much there Laughing

end of the day its your bike thumbsthumbs

Looking good.

aye tony if you are putting decals over fresh paint you should let it cure for a few days otherwise the decals can trap solvents which causes micro blisters. chad should be ok though as he put his decals over the basecoat which cures quick and then he will clearcoat over the top. i prefer to clear the base let it cure then flat,and apply the decals wet as you can sometimes mark the basecoat or pull some away if you have to cut or work the decals into awkward shapes then clearcoat again. but hey everybody does it there way.