Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

My zx9r project

Prime Monday, kept warm. Blocked and based Tuesday. Decals Wednesday, in his office clear tomorrow. Got to dust a couple bits with base thou. And I'm still learning technically so we will see. Biggest project I've done yet

@Stue11 wrote:
were they dark grey or carbon?

ive gone lighter as it brings the black out more etc.
Doesn't really matter mate the bike was all black carbon but a splash of grey wont hurt thumbs

thanks everyone

and stue do you think the belly pans too much?

people saying hayate didnt have that many they did but my pans half the size so its more of a squeeze, but not sure if its too much?

any opinions welcome, as rather move/ take them off before i laquer sturday.
Tbh Chad i like it...ok it looks busy but looks fine to me thumbs

i can see where youre coming from chad the belly pan does look a bit cluttered but to be honest mate its down to personal taste and i love the colour thumbs and listen to ian (madcarper) cos hes a genius when it comes to painting thumbs

i can see where youre coming from chad the belly pan does look a bit cluttered but to be honest mate its down to personal taste and i love the colour thumbs and listen to ian (madcarper) cos hes a genius when it comes to painting thumbs

agreethumbsthumbs

bit annoyed as air has got under some of the stickers when blowing the laquer on. so close up they look bit iffy. nothing big jut the little bubbles here and there. dont think vinyl was the greatest. but to be honest its cost me £130 all in and paint looks good so cant complain.but heres it clear coated and the colour looks mint

pics just dont give it justice, in the sun it looks hot!

oh and heres a panel is painted at college today in solid colour came out mint and not a single run or dry patch

bit annoyed as air has got under some of the stickers when blowing the laquer on. so close up they look bit iffy. nothing big jut the little bubbles here and there. dont think vinyl was the greatest. but to be honest its cost me £130 all in and paint looks good so cant complain.but heres it clear coated and the colour looks mint

pics just dont give it justice, in the sun it looks hot!

oh and heres a panel is painted at college today in solid colour came out mint and not a single run or dry patch
Nice one Chad didnt realise you were putting #33 on her for Marco, i have one of his race Lids from the gp era thumbsthumbs

Nice bit of painting chad keep it up its a good trade, or if u ask ian take up skate boarding hidefofl

Paint looks s**t ShockedShockedShocked

Seriously though. Paint looks good Chad thumbsthumbsthumbs

Be nice to see it all together on the bike. Pic as soon as it's all on there thumbs

If thats before flatting/mopping thats looking really good Chad. thumbs

Having done paint i know it is.Your about as good as me lol.Nice one thumbs

needs a good polish, got bit of crap on couple of panels and where workshop was slightly cold ross got a couple of small runs that will flat out easily,

ive been busy today getting panels back on, soldering anf wireing in led indicators flush mount and relay. put some stickers on the screen marco33 ones. and one under the inside of fairing by speedy a marck super sic 58 rip sticker. to go with my brake sock.

tank needs to go on and need to find a way to remove old mudguard to put painted one one, even if it is a hammer!

ive painted a couple bits today. thing is i dont have a working water trap at min but plenty of paint so had a play with boredum. one grap handle has come out mint. ones has a small reaction ill flat and put a dustin of laquer on. and the infil panel has come out good just needs a small amount of polish to get it 100% flat done want any orange peel like most bikes do out of the factory!

oh and wonderd what these pods on the air intakes were, well their bugg and dirt collectors. found 13 years worth

Looking good m8.I hate orange peel.I dont use g6 on bike panel.I use t cut mixed with polish lol.Either with a mop or by hand in tight areas if need.

looking really good chad, can;t figure out how you can get air bubbles under the decals after they on,did you put them on with water and push all the air and water to the edges with a plastic spreader or similar and dry with hot air gun if they where nice and flat the little air bubbles under the decals have chance to be micro blisters caused by the decals trapping solvent although they shud not get any worse now.never mind though if you can live with any slight imperfections the chance is joe public won't even notice it.

Some decals Ross caught on the tac tH. They wernt the stixkiest anyway, and we reckon the gun blew air in spits couple had them anyway but they wouldn't come out. I se why you do it wet now. But they are in spots not that noticeable and average Joe won't notice unless I say. Still cost me £130 all in. My biggest paint project yet can't moan still learning Smile

Looking well that chad,cant wait to see some pics in daylight thumbsthumbs

okay its kind of back together, need the mudguard off but scrws are buggered will need to drill them out, wheels need powdercoating need new screen bolts and tank cap bolts, and little nick nacks, undertray, led tail light, seat cowl to be done befor eit goes back on the road etc. but it is generally in one peice at the moment. i do say kinda of.

what colour your wheels going chad,i've been in the body repair game since i left school m8 and i'm still learning.

@madcarper wrote:
what colour your wheels going chad,i've been in the body repair game since i left school m8 and i'm still learning.

I've learnt that polishers are bloody expensive haha.
A
nd black mate.

okay i want the bike rideable next month so i had a choice powdercoat and light, as need the light for indicators. or tax and light. so i went for the tax.

so to make the bike look presentable i thought id try and spray the wheels for the time being maybe just until the new year, if it is crap, and i can afford it with overtime next month ill send them off for powdercoat as its all practice with leftover paint thumbs

heres them preped and primed.

also i have no paddock stands now so i made this contaption, with axle stands, sidestand, wood, and a ratchet strap. its solid Laughing

and front mudguards on

Keep up the work chad sure you will get there thumbsthumbs

Interested to see how the wheels turn out Chad. Was thinking of spray painting the ones on my sons project XJ600. Mine will have to be aerosol though. thumbs

TheBiker46 wrote:
Interested to see how the wheels turn out Chad. Was thinking of spray painting the ones on my sons project XJ600. Mine will have to be aerosol though. thumbs

yeah im not keen on doing it, it wont last, aerosol will chip mate to be fair. im getting some pwdercoat quote its at 60 if i get below 50 i wont pout the paint on

TheBiker46 wrote:

yeah im not keen on doing it, it wont last, aerosol will chip mate to be fair. im getting some pwdercoat quote its at 60 if i get below 50 i wont pout the paint on

Here's hoping mate. Sure you can't "charm" him to below £50? scratchthumbsShockedShocked

TheBiker46 wrote:

Here's hoping mate. Sure you can't "charm" him to below £50? scratchthumbsShockedShocked

He's a biker and my mates good friends with them. And I'm in no rush so could be do.e with others Wink

fork preload adjusters

did not fit the zx9r as described, the bolt didnt line up, seller lied, and is being an arse, so ive bonded them, down, dont think they will go anywhere! like rock.

also i got the tyres off, broke the bead at college, and used bars to take them off at home

Just read through the entire post really enjoyed it.

Can't wait to see it finished. You've done a great job well done Chad.

The colour scheme really suits the bike. thumbs

thanks

not a great deal of prgress one is money, the other is time ive been working non stop 7 days a week.

but its payday today so seat cowl, undertray, brakcets, and few odds and sodds bought.

putting relay on air horn. and have some mini strobes for the lights, not for road but be a little party trick parked up.

oh and got powdercoating back, few little bits but seems okay, only thing what p*ssed me off is a chip on the front wheel. but ive took them now and i did knock a wheel getting it out the car, and when they were in the car someone pulled out on me and they shot around so is probably mu fualt.

however 2k paint rubbed down a bit will look the same so i will fill it, give it all a polish and will never know, and being a small chip it wont gradually come off like if i did the whole wheel.

sorry ive waffled on but heres the wheel pics

progress todays been an ars!!

hassle of putting glow plugs in car all morning to find their dodgy and car only just starts.

then got to bikt, did front bearings, and painted tyre writting, then fitted the wheel all fine.

got to rear and theyve sent me the wrong bearings. so the back wheels off a bit longer now!!

ive also started the undertray its strange i dont chop the back end i have to cut a square out the stock one, so cdi etc stays on origonal undertray etc. bizzar in my opinion.

oh and heres some bits ive been helping a mate with in his workshop.

corsas soon up for sale if anyones interested.

Looks like you had a full day with a few up and downs , im sure it will get better

heres some updated pics, downside flatting the tank i rubbed throught the paint repairable just an arse!