Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ricklincs45

Hi Everyone

Been into bikes since I was 14 (first runner was a Bantam), that was a long time ago. Don't have a bike on the road now due to time/family/cash commitments, but do have a shed full of small Honda singles (100N, 125RS, 125J, CG/BR) that have seen better days. I think a couple of them even run - sort of. Also have a C92 Benly, MZ125 TS and a CZ 350. One day I might actually get round to doing something with them...

Anyway, hope everyone's ok.

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks everyone, hope to be of help if anyone in the forum has problems with little Honda singles (CB100N, 125S, 125RS etc)

Cheers,

Rick

That could be handy Rick! thumbs just got my daughter an 06 XL125L5 having starting issues but slowly getting there Laughing welcome to the forum mate!

Good luck with the XL - cracking little bikes (I had a couple of SL125's years ago). Anything I can help with, feel free to ask!

Rick

Good luck with the XL - cracking little bikes (I had a couple of SL125's years ago). Anything I can help with, feel free to ask!

Rick

Thanks Rick, got the Honda workshop manual, its so much clearer than my Haynes for the bandit but it only goes to the L3 model and there are some subtle differences I've done oil change, air filter change, new S plug, B fluid and pads, valve clearances, in-line F filter and carb clean. Its fun to work on and takes me back to my 125 days bike2 I did set the pilot screw to 1 3/4 as per book but big mistake so back to 4 Rolling Eyes . Anyway as said hope you enjoy the forum mate! wave

welcome on board mate. Step in, test the water and join the rest of us in the heated pool that is Hutchs Forum thumbsthumbs

gravelrash; does the XL have the carb mounted to the inlet via a flange with two 6mm nuts, or is it a rubber push-on connector? If it's the 2-nut mounting, the face of the flange can bow if the nuts have been over-tightened (very common problem) leading to carb settings being messed up.

GHRCanada; yes, got the book finished two or three months ago - something to do while looking after our little boy. Can't say it's done my RSI any good... Don't think I'll end up being the next JK Rowling! How are things in Canada? I hear it's a beautiful country.

Not owned many small Honda's but often used
to hire them when I was over in Cyprus.
Normaly 185's, They really suit the hire-bike
roll, tough and go off road / beach / tracks.

GHRCanada; yes, got the book finished two or three months ago - something to do while looking after our little boy. Can't say it's done my RSI any good... Don't think I'll end up being the next JK Rowling! How are things in Canada? I hear it's a beautiful country.

So the book is finished, is it being published, if so whats it called? Everything is well here in Canada (we fight with the Americans from time to time just to stay sharp) lmao
pint

It's called '80 Bikes, and counting..' - only had a short run printed as you never know how these things are going to go etc. Oh, web address; www.80bikes.com if you fancy a look.

Glad to hear you're on good terms with your American neighbours!

Take care,

Rick

Oh, web address; www.80bikes.com if you fancy a look.

Glad to hear you're on good terms with your American neighbours!

Take care,

Rick

It would have to be autographed..lol
The Americans are being good..but we keep our eye on them every 200 years or so..lmao
hide