Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

hi all, new member, new to biking

hey everyone, I came across this site whilst doing some research on my viper helmet yesterday. Well alot has happened since then. I took my suzuki vl 125 out for the firs time to day (christmas day). I was the first time i had been on a bike and I thought, whilst everyone else will be at home pigging out, the roads will be clear. It was abit wet and cold and I was enjoying lonely country lanes. I stopped for a fag. When I got back on, there was no response from the starter. I checked and rechecked that I was not employing any cut outs accidentally.....still nothing. I tried a bump start but I must have been doing something wrong because the engine gave a very unconvincing bubbling noise and died. The rain was coming in and I had about an hour of light left and did not know exactly where I was. I pushed my bike to a nearby farmhouse and asked if they could help me jump start the battery a running car engine. On the parking ignition position the light comes on but on full ignition position not even the trip meter comes on. The starter motor doesn't respond. I was just about to leave the bike there and have it towed tomorrow when the lovely farmer man employed his sons to heave my bike on the back of a van and he took me back home. After warming up by the fire I am now stuck on what is wrong. What an introduction to biking ehhhh

That's going to be simple mate I'm sure. Fuses, bad earth or somesuch I reckon. Take a look tomorrow & post up, someone will point you in the right direction. Smile

welcome to the forum and the joys of two wheels thumbs as smilingjack says should be an easy fix,had a few whiskeys so i'll get back tommorow and see if we can get you up and running thumbs

welcome to the site might be the battery or does the bike have a clutch switch as this might be the fault , hard to say without the bike in front of me , still we are all hear to help so just ask any time ,

welcome as said if your fuses and earths are ok, i would reckon if you have a good battery it and it won,t turn over after a short break from riding your looking at a dodgy starter or cut out switch.
you will have a cutout on the clutch,side stand and neutral gear position.
check the connections and make sure the pins in the switches are not stuck in all the time.all the best .

Firstly welcome and im sure u will sort it soon.

Secondly, where's Dave's B-King gone and who the hell is that on his couch welcome (abominble snowman) hidethread hijackedfoflfofl

Welcome to the forum,theres plenty of help on here thumbs