Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

Moto GP on BT

Hope this is not true but I heard on twitter that BT have bought the sole rights to show Moto GP from 2014. They intend to broadcast it on sky and virgin but its not going to be free anymore.

Don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me, it seems to be the way of things. Sports are hunting the money rather than considering the fans of said sports. Have to wait and see if there is any truth in it.

Just googled it and it seems like its going to happen. Bt sport will be launched later this year on sky and virgin as a pay channel.

Hope its not true....me being me will pay though...love me gps Sad

@Stue11 wrote:
Gp partys at yours then stue Laughing

getting beyond a joke now haveing to pay for more channels Sad

@lee wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
Gp partys at yours then stue Laughing

getting beyond a joke now haveing to pay for more channels Sad
I agree mate, anyones more than welcome to come to mine thumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:

As much as I respect peoples decision to watch the sport they love, that's what the broadcasters rely on. They deliberately put the sport on pay channels, knowing that people will pay to watch it. If nobody paid they'd soon drop the sport from their channel and it would end up back on normal terrestrial channels.

Rant over. I don't really have any sport I enjoy that much that I'd pay to watch so I'm on something of a back foot here. Paying to watch almost feels like being held to ransom.

@Stue11 wrote:

As much as I respect peoples decision to watch the sport they love, that's what the broadcasters rely on. They deliberately put the sport on pay channels, knowing that people will pay to watch it. If nobody paid they'd soon drop the sport from their channel and it would end up back on normal terrestrial channels.

Rant over. I don't really have any sport I enjoy that much that I'd pay to watch so I'm on something of a back foot here. Paying to watch almost feels like being held to ransom.
so true Mike its the way of the world and its crap at times

Turned the telly on to watch MotoGP qualifying and what did I get BLOODY SNOOKER!!!! Wouldnt mind but its on loads of other channels as well Grrrrr!

Well its true. It was announced this morning BT will have exclusive rights to show Moto 3 Moto 2 and Moto gp next year. From what's being said its going to cost either £15 or £12 per month unless your a BT Internet customer then it's free but you will have to have a sky box as its not going to be available to Virgin customers. That's me done with Moto gp then.

you beat me to it chris Laughing the mrs is looking into it and as you say its free to bt internet users,as thats my provider im hoping we'll be alright thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
you beat me to it chris Laughing the mrs is looking into it and as you say its free to bt internet users,as thats my provider im hoping we'll be alright thumbs
and guess who i changed too last year Smile

just had a look on the bt and the fastest internet connection they can offer me is 1.5 mb . the only other option I've got is to get rid of my Virgin TiVo box, have sky installed and subscribe to it on there at £15 a month,so looks like that's definitely not going to happen.

Oh well £15 a month for me then Sad just cant go without it Sad

TBH it's been a bit dull in the last year or two, although it looks as if Marquez is going to stir the pond somewhat. Not a chance of me paying for it, but I'll miss it for all that. Smile

Yammy wrote:
How? why did the BBC lose out on this! I am not paying for BT sport!
Me neither, I only found out today as well Embarassed

well im with virgin and they have just gave it to me free .so im happy for 2014party0003 

been hearing bad things about BT sport so i'm just gonna watch it on computer thumbs not worth me getting sky or owt else as I rarely ever watch telly.

basterds, wtf we paying tv license fee for reality shite and repeats. had a snotty letter about having to have a tv license for my work premises said they coming to inspect us I can,t fecking wait.fighting fighting fighting 

@madcarper wrote:
basterds, wtf we paying tv license fee for reality shite and repeats. had a snotty letter about having to have a tv license for my work premises said they coming to inspect us I can,t fecking wait.fighting fighting fighting 
we have a tv at work in the mess room Ian and the license is posted in a cabnet on the wall!

Switched on the tv at home last night and BT sport has been added free to my Virgin Media package Should bloody well think so too, pay enough for it! fighting  thumbs

Looks like it might not be too bad for a few. Some seem to be getting it free with their existing package deal.

Could be a good excuse for GP parties  thumbs   Laughing   thumbs   Laughing

party party party party