Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

7500 mile service

I had the first 2 done on my Bandit from new after that do it all myself i still think if you no how you will do it better then any shop . had a Honda 400 four done once and it was total crap , , had to put loads right myself , said then never again ,

Nice 1 dave,wont be long now before ya go thumbs

@Grumpyowl wrote:
How much Dave and what are they going to do ?
£180 ish they quoted me Jim , not sure what they do for that , but i do trust Redcar motorcycles been going there since i was a teenager , thumbs

They won't do anything you, Dave, can't do yourself. And knowing you, if you do it yourself it will be done meticulously by the book and for only the price of the consumables (£60ish) whilst you get to know your bike even better thumbs

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

@Davehutch wrote:
@Grumpyowl wrote:
How much Dave and what are they going to do ?
i do trust Redcar motorcycles been going there since i was a teenager , thumbs

And here's proof of Dave taking his 1st bike there. Laughing

up

I know your wanting to protect your warranty but £180 for some spotty apprentice to change your oil and filter. Sad

@Grumpyowl wrote:
up

I know you're wanting to protect your warranty but £180 for some spotty apprentice to change your oil and filter. Sad

I can understand taking it to the dealer to get serviced whilst still under warranty as if they find something wrong they can sort it. Mine is due the 7,500 service soon and the warranty runs out in July too so i'll be booking in with the dealer as well although I would say that you no longer have to take it to the manufacturers accredited dealer to service it anymore whilst under warranty. As long as its serviced to the recommended spec' and the book stamped you warranty is still valid.
Scroll down to the 4th question in the link. I know it says cars but it goes for bikes too.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/general-advice/car-servicing-and-repair-faqs.html#dealer

@Grumpyowl wrote:
up

I know your wanting to protect your warranty but £180 for some spotty apprentice to change your oil and filter. Sad

redcar "suzuki 7500miles service new plugs, oil & filter sds check, balance throttle bodies, adjust TPS-Not just a oil and filter"

@Davehutch wrote:
@Grumpyowl wrote:
up

redcar "suzuki 7500miles service new plugs, oil & filter sds check, balance throttle bodies, adjust TPS-Not just a oil and filter"

That's not too bad then Dave. thumbs

Its worth paying the dollas for ya pride and joy thumbsthumbs

Just done the 24k service on my Triumph. Two new tyres as well. All ready for the TT. Just got to run the tyres in first.

I'll have the plugs they take out as they will be in perfect condition, having not needed being changed. Also most unlikely throttle bodies will be out of synch' or throttle position sensor out, unless you have erratic or fast/slow tickover - things you can easily check yourself, seeing as you have the service manual. Check all the lube points as even super duper dealers like Redcar often miss something.

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2