Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

dropped the ninja :(

my bike fell over today while i was sitting it, was in gear and the electric start function got pushed in my button and lunged it forward onto my mates bike. it is quite hurt considering. i now need new, nose cone, fairing brace, mirror, and the screens broken. also due to have a respray for sure now!!

if anyone has any of the parts i need can you let me know please, colour is irrelivant as ill be respraying the bike over next couple of weeks, thanks

fecking hell chad you not having much luck with that bike are you.

@madcarper wrote:

cursed mate. maybe thats why the last owner ended up in a gravel pit!

i cba to do it fancy again so gloss black it is, with some hotrod type pinstriping on the side Wink

bloody hell chad,not having a stab but this was my point about been fully comp on a more expensive bike

Hope ya get it sorted mate

@lee wrote:
bloody hell chad,not having a stab but this was my point about been fully comp on a more expensive bike

Hope ya get it sorted mate

never get fully comp at my age mate! 3000 to insure the at fully comp!!

and parts are looking hard to source

nose cones are around £130, scrrens are easy to get for under £40, mirrors are a tenner, but the brace doesnt excist for my model at the moment :/

Really sorry for you Chad, not having muck luck at the moment mate are you? Sad Wish I could help with the parts mate but mine are off a zx6 j2 and they don't look at all compatible Sad

kin hell mate ShockedShocked . Re-spray might be good for it thumbsthumbs

Hopefully you get it all sorted thumbs

@madcarper wrote:

agree hope you sort it chad then get shot ont

Bloody hell Chad starting to look like if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all.
hope you can get it sorted ok
then get shot of it when you do before it costs you even more

cant get shot just yet and i love the bike! but it may go for a blade as said in march Smile

anyhow im not wasting anytime, the work has began!

its being a nightmare to feather out on the tank! 7 layer of lquer from previous repairs!!

Bloodyhell Chad, least no,one was hurt Sad

pity youre not a bit closer chad im sure we could fettle that bracket for your fairing mate

Really sorry for you Chad, not having muck luck at the moment mate are you? Sad Wish I could help with the parts mate but mine are off a zx6 j2 and they don't look at all compatible Sad

i think its the g1 and 2 that are the same or something along those lines mate :/

and true stue, i landed on my arse! byt my mate if he was sitting on his bike even said it would have landed on his leg!

but today ive been busy. took most of the broken bits off, and ive de-stickerd the tank and seat cowl (stickers under the laquer) feathered it out, bit of primer, and then based them in black, so that when the solid black goes on it the same colour underneath and i had some going spare. but it reacted like an arse! dont know why thou as it was on freshly sanded primer, was c9olpletely dry, panel wiped and tacked off. need to sort that before the paint!

screens deffo buggered

and the brace :P

also i got bored and attacked the tool box as usual!

progress

rear end and tank are painted, flatted most of them now need to abralon them to 4000, should have it like glass Smile got a new ally brace now, screen im ordering tomorrow, fairing looks fixable, and then leaves a mirror Smile oh and some more paint

and pic of the wheels gives an idea of the new colours.

this is the damage to the fairing

tank and cowl before flatting and polishing.

some work there chad what colours then pink , yellow and black?

pink? haha

only anodised red bits i have are fork adjusters and tax disc holder so i can get away with them.

its going black, with flourecent yellow bits.

plan is which may change is the yellow on the wheels. few kawasaki,ninja and zx9r stickers, and then where the japanese writtting was before have the risisng sun logo. Wink

@dick65 wrote:
some work there chad what colours then pink , yellow and black?

Funny, same as what i said the other day Laughing

finally feel im getting somewhere with the bike. seat cowls polished up, undertrays polished up, and on, managed to bent the plate light bit on the bracket and make a solid bracket that has worked a treat, and sits well.

got ally brace, screens on its way, fairings being repaired, all i need to do is get a mirror, that i fixed, but then putting the glass back i cracked the glas! doh, thats 7 years of extra bad luck!

@dick65 wrote:
think you'll make the ride out chad?

Way money is with things like this I'm thinking no. But ill try

also the nose cone is repaired,  and screen is on its way all i need to get is a mirror Smile

and the rideout, its a month away, i need to find £500 by august 26th for car insurance so if i can save £300 and enought for the ride by the camping meet ill be there Smile

also if this illness goes. been constantly ill for a month :/

Looking good chad thumbs

( much better than this reply box which is crap on my ipad)

all painted just bit more flatting and polishing to go,

got a new mirror and it was honestly bit crap, but just won a pair on ebay for £11 so result!!

and me and my boss had a late one finishing a fiesta at work, and then decided to tint some lights with some leftover laquer Smile

heres the light,

before

after

and i know there will be some haters, sayinf it blocks the light, but its not actually black just quite a bit smoked, and i have some ultra bright led tail lights, so they let out plenty of light Smile

plus i rarely go out in the dark

@Davehutch wrote:
How long did it take you ??  hide 

what to do the lights?

wasnt enough black paint in the firstcoat, so by time it dried the next two coats took longer etc lol.

heres the bikes current state, bodged as i duck taped the screen and have a cracked mirror but got me out in this lovely sun. once new parts are here and its had a bit more polishing its sorted Smile

Give it the 57 beans <<<< Laughing Laughing  go for it that man thumbs thumbs 

@Oldfart wrote:
New fork seals next week???  Laughing Laughing 

Its the chain and head bearing it kills . that why im old an don.t do it any more Laughing 

All good fun. What I can't work out is I've just had for seals done but they sound light their slurping

All good fun. What I can't work out is I've just had for seals done but they sound light their slurping

Then leave the front wheel on the ground  Shocked  wheelie