Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T.C

Hi from a new guy

New boy just joined, dropping in to say Hi  Very Happy   54 years old, Blackbird rider and..............

I hope that over the coming months I can make a positive contribution to the site.  thumbs

Why welcome what part of the UK are you from  Laughing  good bike the blackbird very fast  Laughing 

@dick65 wrote:
welcome to the forum - where you from m8? thumbs 

Thanks for the welcome. I am in Reading in Berkshire.

I am actually on my 4th Bird. My mileage used to be 50,000 + miles a year and all of them did over 150,000 from new. Now my mileage had dropped substantially, hoepfully the mileage on the clock will stay lower  Smile  But yes, great bike, suits me perfectly, but then I am 6'5" tall  Wink 

@madcarper wrote:
that's a lot of miles on bikes, I guess you know them inside out now.

I have done a few miles over the years.  Wink  The last calculation showed that I had done something close to 1.5 million miles over nearly 40 years of riding.

But most of those miles have been in a professional capacity rather than leisure miles  Sad 

@T.C wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
welcome to the forum - where you from m8? thumbs 

Thanks for the welcome.  I am in Reading in Berkshire.

I am actually on my 4th Bird.  My mileage used to be 50,000 + miles a year and all of them did over 150,000 from new.  Now my mileage had dropped substantially, hoepfully the mileage on the clock will stay lower  Smile   But yes, great bike, suits me perfectly, but then I am 6'5" tall  Wink 

Not to far from where i moved from Preston Candover nr Basingstoke