Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Just had some bad news

A new friend of mine and fellow B-king rider that I have been out with a few times now , who was getting over cancer , has just found out it has spread and got 18-24 months left FFS  head bang   Sad 

Not good dave! my nan was told they stopped hers now they said all they do is stop any pain!

it really seems to be getting worse cancer, or are we just more aware!

still really sorry about your mate

So sorry for you and your friend Dave don't think that there can be anyone left not had a close relative or friend effected by this cruel illness.

Mate of mine is going through it, after his chemo his is totally knackered and his recovery time is getting longer and longer. He can't even throw his leg over his bike at the moment, because he has lost loads of weight and muscle mass taking the dog for a short walk sends him to bed to recover.

On the plus side he has been clear for the past 12 months.

sorry for you dave. My missus is having her last day of therapy today. Fighting it off second time round. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend

thanks guys just a bit of a shock , I met this guy at one of my local bike meets last summer when he told me it was his last ride for a while as he had bowel cancer ,but they had caught it right and he was going in for a op the next week then chemo after that and wouldn't be riding till this spring (he kept his King in the living room). I kept in touch with him since then and he was doing fine and told they had got it all and things where good , We went out the other week for breakfast up matlock ,his first ride since the op , He went in for a check up this Monday and was told it had spread and in his words >>

"Right, here goes. Had results of pet ct scan today that I had on Monday. Basically I have cancer in my liver, right thigh , adrenal gland and esophagus and lymph nodes. It's terminal , cannot be cured. Treatment has been offered to ease things. I could survive for 18 months to 2 yrs. I hope to carry on my normal day to day as long as is possible.
Sorry to be the bearer of this news ."

I am gutted he is a really nice bloke with nice friends , its hard getting my head round it

Very sad news dave I look at it like this god takes all the good ones first as he don't want the arseholes up there

anyway as said hope ya mate makes the most of what time is left
and can carry on as normal as possible

life deals out some shitty cards dave, hope he makes the most of the time he has with his family and friends.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

on a similar note..
, I don't know the guy I'm referring to,--- but I was told by a mate,he knows a pal who fell off his bike, damaged his knee badly;when they operated found cancer in the bone and had to amputate..
Bad enough you'd think---- but the worst of it is the poor bloke is found to be riddled with cancer Shocked
 he'd not of known if he didn't come off the bike.
Bloody scary old life aint it tho'.