Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lonewolf

newby here

hi like all things in life I put off taking me bike test, that I should've taken 30 years ago, until recently
well I did me CBT last year and got the bug again, so decided to do a direct access scheme, seemed like the best option.
did my theory test nee bother, then me mod 1 which I got thru with a few minors, then me mod2, fluffed it the first time, cos I crossed the central reservation as I came round a corner. rebooked it then went to do it but they cancelled due to high winds, so rebooked again, and yes fluffed it again, got to close to a van (within 2 car lengths) so I have rebooked it again, but keeping it on the QT to save on embarrassment.
I`m a 50 year old bloke who drives trains from Newcastle central station, got a Suzuki marauder 125 which I`m using to practice on, and a Yamaha 650 Dragstar sitting in the garage that I`m itching to ride.
Another driver from EWS put me onto this site so here I am introducing meself. ekib

Welcome on board mate. Fingers crossed for the next one. All the best take more than 2 so don't worry thumbs

welcome and good luck ,theres a couple other train drivers from your way on here thumbs

thanks guys for the kind words and the welcome
will keep ye informed and hope to see you on the road
(but not literally)

wave Hi Lonewolf wave you joined then! thumbs really good bunch on here and hopefully some good rideouts when it warms up! as said good luck with the test, I'm sure you'll breeze it. There is an active membership on Facebook (don't tell Ian (Madcarper) cos he doesn't know) if you do social media. keep a lookout in the rideout section and hope to see you soon either bike or train lol! thumbsthumbs

hello and welcome. When you get on the road with your 650, all the fails will feel like a distant pain.

as of the 7th april I`m legal. didn't go out that day but pished instead.but the dat after yook the big un for a wee tootle about doon to the priory in whitley bay then over to see me mate.
have planned my inaugural ride out on the 18th with a bunch o mates, haven't got a clue where we goin, probably Berwick via the coastal route, so I`ll give you all a nod as I pass

congratulations on the pass might see you at wetlands one night theres lads from cramlington come down every week thumbs

well done m8 hopefully have a meet up at hartside sometime thumbspartyparty

thumbs well done on passing! thumbs we will have to organise a trip up to Hartside then maybe round the lakes, when I eventually get mine tested Rolling Eyes

thumbs  well done on passing! thumbs  we will have to organise a trip up to Hartside then maybe round the lakes, when I eventually get mine tested Rolling Eyes

Get ya arse into gear. party