Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desiree (Starpop)

BIBLE EXAMPLES

Okay Ladies and Gents:
I know you all went to Sunday school and summer bible camps as children to discuss many different valuable stories and parables. I just wanted to know, if you had to choose, who would be the bible character you MOST identify with and why?
flower

Hmmm...why hasn't anyone answered yet???

Even though I am a woman, I identify with David because HE HAD ISSUES and SO DO I, but it didn't stop him from recognizing who God was to him and it didn't stop God from acknowledging him as a man after his own heart. He was a worshipper and so am I...he danced before the Lord until his clothes came off (I'll give him that one because that's not going to happen for me...lol...but we share the same passion) and he prayed these honest prayers about his enemies...just like I do, but maybe not as spiritual as he did...hee hee

I love David and plan on "shooting the breeze" with him when I get to heaven...we have a lot of things to talk about. huggins

lol! you're funny!!! I Like David too-infact, can my husband to be be like him Lord?!! flower I'd have to say I have 3 faves: Esther (she never forgot where she came from when she became Queen; and she had awesome favor-more than anyone else), Abigail (beauty and brains), and finally Sarah (submissive yet independent; she was beautiful even in her old age!) POWERFUL WOMEN OF GOD!!!
thanks for posting
desiree

Here lately, it has been Job. I've been stuck in a rut of WHINING when being in bad situations, but I KNOW that if the only good that comes out of all of this that I SEE God, then it is worth it! And yes, I am working on the whining.

I think for me it would be Moses. He had his set of issues also. I just feel sometimes so unqualified and like no one listens to me.....if you know what I mean.

While I too identify with David, my favorite bible story has to be about the woman with the issue of blood. A woman, who's story speaks so strongly, but her name is never revealed. For 12 years, she was afflicted, yet when she heard about Jesus, she was willing to sacrifice everything, her family, her home, her life...to touch Him. It was this story that pushed me towards God when I lost (what I considered to be) everything...turns out, that in my loss, I learned how rich I truly am.

This unnamed woman taught me to push toward God with all I have. No matter what my issues are (numerous though they may be) if I can just get to the feet of Jesus, just reach the hem...wholeness is there.

Amazing testimony SNIKWHITE-I appreciate your post!
Rnestseekr I can identify with you too ("do everything without murmoring and complaining"-its hard!!!)
Dove solutions, I can concur with you too-sometimes, you feel like noone (especially God sometimes) is listening! Life gets frustrating, but I am so glad that God continuously lets us know that "everything is okay". He comforts us, he protects us, he is our shield and our son!! Keep holding on everyone!
Eternal smooches
desiree kiss kiss

Snikwhite...your post BLESSED me and something that you mentioned caused my heart to go "pitter-patter". I forgot that the Bible mentions that this woman suffered from that infirmity for TWELVE YEARS!! I was going over some of my dream journals and I realized that the dreams I had in 1996 (12 years ago) were dreams where God was promising me some things HOWEVER my life has been an "infirmity' from that year on. It wasn't until the turn of this year that I "pressed in" to God more than ever and learned to receive ALL that Jesus purchased for my life on the cross. God has shown me, from reading your post, just how much he has caused me to abandoned myself in Him in this season of my life.

Thank you...you just don't know what you have done for me TODAY!!!!!

Solomon would be the character I would chose because I am at a time in my life I am neediing wisdom from God to handle things, God is teaching me to seek the kingdom of God and his righteouness and ALL things will be add unto you, Solomon didnot ask for riches or long life, Solomon ask for wisdom and God add all things unto Solomon.

I am still learning

Amen praiseGod

I can identify with Peter, because I sometimes put my foot in my mouth! I can identify with Paul, because the things I should do, I don't, and the things I shouldn't do, I do! I also identify with Jesus, because He was despised and rejected, and boy have I had my share of rejection!!!!!!

Delaine

Cholette, more than anything I have recognized that God is amazingly intricate...God knows why I felt pressed to respond to this thread, as He knew that you needed confirmation. I LOVE how He does that...I praise Him for all that He is doing and has done for you. I pray completion in the work He is doing in you and that as you seek Him your wholeness (not just healing, but WHOLENESS) will come.
With Love, Sandy