Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daphanie02

Therapy. Discussion regarding fear of posting dreams

This discussion has been posted for the purpose and sole intent for "therapy" of those that have had a fear of posting their dreams recently. Not to point anyone out, but i've recieved several pms from members saying they have been afraid to post their dreams because either a. because so many new members are posting interpretations that are not edifying ect. or b. there has been a divisive spirit here and posting dreams is not something that seems appealing at the moment.

What Mia, I and the other moderators would like to ask, is for members to leave feedback about how they truely feel about posting their dreams right now. Also to give suggestions as to how ya'll feel we can prevent this sort of thing from happening again. (Of course prayer is the number one thing)

Please remember that while posting in this discussion, to not point out any particular person or member. We are not here to point fingers, but to learn from our mistakes, love each other, and move on to a happier, healthier chapter of this ministry.

blessings and love to you,

um i wood like 2 say that im realy grate ful 4 the site its been a great help 2 me,,ive made nu frends,,i think we need 2 rememba were on tha same team,,keepin the unity of the faith as we grow up in HIM unto a perfect man,,till we all come to maturity as we see tha day appearing,,lets edify exhort comfort,speak the truth in love,,let love cover us as a family,,,prefering one another,,rememba wat love is,,,seeks n ot its own ,is not puffed up,,etc,,'',come on people now smile on youre brother,everybody get together .try to love one another rite now. rite now,,,''[young bloods] lol! rofl D

dreamster wrote:
um i wood like 2 say that im realy grate ful 4 the site its been a great help 2 me,,ive made nu frends,,i think we need 2 rememba were on tha same team,,keepin the unity of the faith as we grow up in HIM unto a perfect man,,till we all come to maturity as we see tha day appearing,,lets edify exhort comfort,speak the truth in love,,let love cover us as a family,,,prefering one another,,rememba wat love is,,,seeks n ot its own ,is not puffed up,,etc,,'',come on people now smile on youre brother,everybody get together .try to love one another rite now. rite now,,,''[young bloods] lol! rofl D

Great post! Thanks, dreamster! I love that keeping the unity part THE BEST!

butterfly wrote:
For me when I first came to this site it was a very rough transition. Previously I had interpreted dreams for persons from a psychological perspective and I was right most of the time and I knew that based on person's comments. I came to this site hoping I could learn about dreams from the Christian persepctive. When I came here and started interpreting dreams I felt very odd, out of place, because it seems as if persons did not welcome my perspective, it seems as if they thought all their dreams were from God and I knew that some of it was psychological dreams based on my experiences. Eventually I tried to fit in only interpreting dreams from a Christian perspective and got into major problems. First I had a so called prophetic dream about John MCcain winning the election which turned out to be totally false and not from God, previously I never ever fell into such deception especially in regards to dreams before. I began to think all my dreams were from God and as a result put myself in even more deception. It's funny, I remember talking to a Christian guy and he told me his priest told him not to focus too much on dreams and visions because many priests have done that in the past and got into trouble because the church and it's members were led into a lot of deception. As a result I have no desire to interpret dreams on this site anymore. I don't want to ever focus on dreams and visions only if I know God is saying something to me. I have learnt my lesson not to get involved in "Christian dream interpretation" any at all. As far as I am concerned all correct dream interpretations is from the Lord including psychological dream interpretation, God is the top Mathematician, Scientist, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Artist. God is all knowing and all powerful.

Why do you feel that you cannot use your understanding to analyze your dreams?

I don't blame you for not wanting to interpret dreams. Neither do I. lol But honestly Butterfly, some of the things that you are saying are very healthy. I don't want to ever focus on dreams and visions only if I know God is saying something to me. Like that statement. If what has happened to you has driven you to this place, then PRAISE GOD! That is the perfect place to be.

Daphanie and I have talked about having "an understanding" of dreams like Daniel was gifted with and I think that is something that needs addressing and that is why we decided to talk about some of these things to work them out.

Mia

Well butterfly, what ive learned is not to take all dreams literally. i had several dreams about mccain being president. Sometimes waiting for dreams to happen brings us the full meaning and interpretation, though the best way is to go to the Lord for the answer, Especially if its something He wants us to prepare for in advance, like the famine in Genesis.

If there was a dream that Daniel did not have the full understanding of, he would pray and fast and humble himself until the Lord revealed to him the interpretation.

Im very glad you're here butterfly. Did you see that bible study I typed up? /teaching-equiping-posts-f9/wisdom-understanding-and-prophecy-vs-logic-t2240.htm
Its just an in depth study about Godly understanding and wisdom, vs human logic. It confirms what you said about Interpretations belonging to God.

Blessings,

I think a couple of words to stress somehow would be DISCERNMENT and BALANCE. When I ask for interpretations of a dream, I know full well that not everyone responding is going to be able to interpret my dream exactly as God intended. I will work that out with HIM in prayer. But sometimes, I need another prespective or brain-joggers to keep me chewing on the dream that is laid on my heart.
The other thing that I think would be helpful to somehow stress is that since ALL are welcome at this site, we have every level of faith and maturity. If young believers do not have a place to PRACTICE or to discuss what they think God is saying, they will become discouraged when expected to be perfect at flowing with the Holy Spirit. For example, when I became born again, I did not automatically use edifying words to build others up around me. I have had to learn that. The Lord Jesus spent 3 years with his disciples teaching them. Even after 3 years, they had stumbling blocks: remember the crew returning to Jesus unable to cast out a demon and wanting to know why.
Quite frankly, this site a refreshing place for me to come. I have not agreed with every interpretation (and some have been strongly worded and a fair amount incorrect). But being in a church that is staunchly "un-charismatic" (if you get my drift), it is refreshing to interactive with a group of believers who believe that the God of the Old Testament and church of Acts still desires to interact with us in supernatural ways. And as Butterfly said, every suggestion that is brought up here, I take back to God for wisdom, knowledge, reproof (if necessary).
My approach with this website is much like it is with my small group and scripture. If I read a verse or segment of scripture I do not understand, I take it to my small group(s) to turn it over with them. The finally straw for understanding the scripture, though, always comes from The Lord through The Holy Spirit, usually during prayer or quiet contemplation. Is my small group unholy or unversed in understanding scripture? NO! But their interpretation - or perhaps application is a better word - is different based on many different variables.
Finally, when I give thoughts or interpretations, I try to stay humble, even when I know beyond a doubt that the Holy Spirit has moved through me to give an interpretation or to encourage someone else. I cannot remember which Christian author I was reading recently penned it, but his gist was that pride is one of the worst sins to combat because the very nature of pride makes it so that we cannot recognize it in ourselves.
Just my 2 cents worth! Take it or leave it. Blessings and PEACE to all. Rnest

I like what you said Rnestseekr...it makes a lot of sense. thumbs

I see it as this...it's up to the individual and where they are to whether they are comfortable with others attempting to interpret their dreams. Originally, when I signed up for this site, I thought that the only people that were "allowed" to interpret dreams were the modererators and maybe that was my wrong assumption. There are many people here who are not moderators who I would trust with my dreams, but there are equally as many and more who I don't trust to interpret my dreams. There is nothing against them as people and I'm not saying that they won't give me an accurate interpretation or that they are not called, but I take what God is saying to me very serious (not saying that whoever does accept others interpretations don't take God seriously). I like what Mia said a while ago...which has changed my mind about sharing my dreams. She said that if God gave us the dream, then He wants us to seek Him for the interpretation. That blessed my heart in a HUGE way...to the point of me not posting my dreams anymore. I've been telling the Lord that I would like to grow more closer to him in my relationship with Him and maybe, just maybe (for me) he is using dreams in my life so I will seek Him and in return, grow in Him as I desire...and honestly, I have... flower

I have always been careful of who speaks into my life...I don't take that lightly because of past experiences and being led down the wrong path. Mainly it was because I took their word as "Bible" instead of seeking God for myself, but now I know better, but still I choose to keep those things that God shows me in visions or dreams to myself unless he leads me to share. Nothing against the site because I like coming here from time to time, however for ME, I'm not comfortable outside of asking a question here or there. I'm all for people practicing their gift because I can name some people who I've seen grow and that's wonderful. :cute:

Just for the record...I don't interpret dreams either for the same reasons I've explained. I hope I'm not exiled from the site because of my views, but anyone that knows me knows that I speak what's in my heart. whistle

For me I would have to say the most important factor for me is staying in touch with the Lord at all times and using the gifts He has given us for edification of the body of believes. We are called to use the gifts to encourage and help each other in our walk with the Lord. Staying in His word and being sensitive to the Holy Spirit and praying over each interpretation for me is key.

Butterfly, I can only say that I appreciate your honesty and your willingness to put out there what you believe is from the Lord. We are all developing our gift and we learn from each other. Sometimes we error but most of the time, I think we all do a great job in utilizing the gifts the Lord has given to us. I personally am so blessed by each person here. I never close this page. It remains open all the time. I pray for all who bless this site by being here. You are awesome and we love you!

Love in Jesus,

Connie :cmere:

RnestseekR wrote:
I think a couple of words to stress somehow would be DISCERNMENT and BALANCE. When I ask for interpretations of a dream, I know full well that not everyone responding is going to be able to interpret my dream exactly as God intended. I will work that out with HIM in prayer. But sometimes, I need another prespective or brain-joggers to keep me chewing on the dream that is laid on my heart.
The other thing that I think would be helpful to somehow stress is that since ALL are welcome at this site, we have every level of faith and maturity. If young believers do not have a place to PRACTICE or to discuss what they think God is saying, they will become discouraged when expected to be perfect at flowing with the Holy Spirit. For example, when I became born again, I did not automatically use edifying words to build others up around me. I have had to learn that. The Lord Jesus spent 3 years with his disciples teaching them. Even after 3 years, they had stumbling blocks: remember the crew returning to Jesus unable to cast out a demon and wanting to know why.
Quite frankly, this site a refreshing place for me to come. I have not agreed with every interpretation (and some have been strongly worded and a fair amount incorrect). But being in a church that is staunchly "un-charismatic" (if you get my drift), it is refreshing to interactive with a group of believers who believe that the God of the Old Testament and church of Acts still desires to interact with us in supernatural ways. And as Butterfly said, every suggestion that is brought up here, I take back to God for wisdom, knowledge, reproof (if necessary).
My approach with this website is much like it is with my small group and scripture. If I read a verse or segment of scripture I do not understand, I take it to my small group(s) to turn it over with them. The finally straw for understanding the scripture, though, always comes from The Lord through The Holy Spirit, usually during prayer or quiet contemplation. Is my small group unholy or unversed in understanding scripture? NO! But their interpretation - or perhaps application is a better word - is different based on many different variables.
Finally, when I give thoughts or interpretations, I try to stay humble, even when I know beyond a doubt that the Holy Spirit has moved through me to give an interpretation or to encourage someone else. I cannot remember which Christian author I was reading recently penned it, but his gist was that pride is one of the worst sins to combat because the very nature of pride makes it so that we cannot recognize it in ourselves.
Just my 2 cents worth! Take it or leave it. Blessings and PEACE to all. Rnest

I really like this.

Cholette wrote:
I like what you said Rnestseekr...it makes a lot of sense. thumbs

I see it as this...it's up to the individual and where they are to whether they are comfortable with others attempting to interpret their dreams. Originally, when I signed up for this site, I thought that the only people that were "allowed" to interpret dreams were the modererators and maybe that was my wrong assumption. There are many people here who are not moderators who I would trust with my dreams, but there are equally as many and more who I don't trust to interpret my dreams. There is nothing against them as people and I'm not saying that they won't give me an accurate interpretation or that they are not called, but I take what God is saying to me very serious (not saying that whoever does accept others interpretations don't take God seriously). I like what Mia said a while ago...which has changed my mind about sharing my dreams. She said that if God gave us the dream, then He wants us to seek Him for the interpretation. That blessed my heart in a HUGE way...to the point of me not posting my dreams anymore. I've been telling the Lord that I would like to grow more closer to him in my relationship with Him and maybe, just maybe (for me) he is using dreams in my life so I will seek Him and in return, grow in Him as I desire...and honestly, I have... flower

I have always been careful of who speaks into my life...I don't take that lightly because of past experiences and being led down the wrong path. Mainly it was because I took their word as "Bible" instead of seeking God for myself, but now I know better, but still I choose to keep those things that God shows me in visions or dreams to myself unless he leads me to share. Nothing against the site because I like coming here from time to time, however for ME, I'm not comfortable outside of asking a question here or there. I'm all for people practicing their gift because I can name some people who I've seen grow and that's wonderful. :cute:

Just for the record...I don't interpret dreams either for the same reasons I've explained. I hope I'm not exiled from the site because of my views, but anyone that knows me knows that I speak what's in my heart. whistle

Of course you aren't exiled! Your comments were not malicious and therefore they are more than welcome and thank you for caring enough to share them, butterfly.

I just want to to tell you that even though I said to seek God there are times whenI just know what a dream means because he's revealed it to me but I enjoy the confirmation so I ask for the interpretations for those. Amazingly, it seems like the dreams that I have a definite interpretation for I always get 3 or 4 confirmations but those that I don't understand I get zippo. That tells me that if God wants me to know He opens the understanding to the dream and I understand and so do others. If He doesn't want it revealed just yet, nobody will get it.

But, again, I love getting confirmation when I know the message is clear and I highly encourage people to seek others for confiration.

Dove-Solutions wrote:
For me I would have to say the most important factor for me is staying in touch with the Lord at all times and using the gifts He has given us for edification of the body of believes. We are called to use the gifts to encourage and help each other in our walk with the Lord. Staying in His word and being sensitive to the Holy Spirit and praying over each interpretation for me is key.

Butterfly, I can only say that I appreciate your honesty and your willingness to put out there what you believe is from the Lord. We are all developing our gift and we learn from each other. Sometimes we error but most of the time, I think we all do a great job in utilizing the gifts the Lord has given to us. I personally am so blessed by each person here. I never close this page. It remains open all the time. I pray for all who bless this site by being here. You are awesome and we love you!

Love in Jesus,

Connie :cmere:

Connie, you are such a sweetheart. I thank God for you. In case I haven't told you how much I appreciate you lately: I DO!

I believe that alot of people experience thing and are afraid to share them for fear of judgement what people will think. Even moses and Jer. were afraid. God said I have not given you a spirit of fear but of love power and a sound mind. He doesn't say we won't feel fear but don't let it hold you back. I've ben browsing this sight and am so greatful that people have pushed past thier fears and have opened the door so some of us to realize were not alone in our experiences. Mia said judge they by thier fruit. I agree I also agree that God gave the gift to mature the church. I know sometimes when things I didn't like at the came to me I would be offended until i learned out of the mouth of two or three witnesses . If one person says it ask God if to or three says it ask yourself. God uses things to get us to take a look at us. Growing and being pruned is not an easy place and I recently learned the breaking and crushing process for prophets is different than for other people. Everyting you go through is so God can use you more. My sheep know my voice and fle for that of a stranger. So we are quick to hear and quick to obey. Jesus said I do what I see the father do and speak what I hear the Father speak I don't speak in my own authority. this all tells me I will know when God is talking to me so will you.
lots of love Dina huggins

When I first came to this site, I didn't post. I just read others' posts and people's responses. What I saw was a faith community that interacts with true compassion for one another. I did not see rudeness, a religious spirit, or weird theology, which led me to trust you all enough to open up and share my dreams and visions for interpretation. If someone occassionally words something so that it sounds unfriendly, it's possible they didn't mean it that way and it just came out wrong.

Dina, you said, "I recently learned the breaking and crushing process for prophets is different than for other people." What do you mean? In what ways is it different? I'm interested in learning more about this. Thanks.

- Jodi

I think we should all keep in mind that everyone who attempts to interpret dreams will not get it. True, we may be genuinely going on how we feel, whether it be because of a past experience we ourselves have had, to be of help. But the ultimate interpretation will either be given to the dreamer directly from God, or through an interpreter - I feel who has been chosen by God-just as Joseph was...Joseph was graced by God to interpret dreams (in which case it will immediately agree with your spirit).

We all are taking a chance by putting our dreams on this site looking for interpretations, but we can't depend solely on the forum. We have to put our trust in God (who gives the dreams) that we will be able to receive flowers (interpretation) through this ministry and discard the weeds (doesn't agree with our spirit).

I don't think any of us visit this site to deliberatly lead someone down the wrong path. We just missed it is all. I pray for this site since I've joined. I don't want to post anything unless I feel that I'm hearing from God. He hasn't told me to tell anybody anything yet, but I have posted my thoughts on a few dreams.

I read the "Dream Interpretation For New Members Section" when I first joined and I remember what it says about posting interpretations that we should clarify if we're going on what we feel and to tell the dreamer it's our thoughts and to pray on it, or if God is telling us to say something specific...which I think is good. I also remember reading the part about being careful because interpreting dreams are prophetic. I agree with this as well.

When I recieve a prophetic word from God, it's normally confirmation of something He's already shown me -mostly in dreams and some time word of mouth, either in His Word or quicken my spirit about and mostly brought on after praying about something. And nine times, out of ten, from my experience, the 2 or more confirmations will come when you're not expecting them to-even before you can actually absorb the prophecy itself...confirmation will come.

I said all of that to say this...We have to trust God to confirm what we say to each other.

Amen Virtuous!!

Thank you that you pray for this site!

We all have a responsibility whether we interpreting dreams or we are posting dreams to be interpreted. Prophecy is an area that can be too often misused, sometimes deliberately but more often just due to using bad judgement. I appreciate what you said about receiving a prophetic word, it's so true.

Ultimately, God is the final answer. Trust Him, seek Him, and look to him for the final confirmation.

Prophecy is an area that can be too often misused, sometimes deliberately but more often just due to using bad judgement.

You are so right about this. Not only bad judgement of the interpreter but the dreamer as well. I had to learn that the hard way. I trusted this person with my life and a lot of my dreams were interpreted through this person. The interpretation given was right on point...EXCEPT...for 6 words. Those words had me leaning a certain way and it was the wrong way. However, God turned it around for my good and I learned a lot during that season in my life because of my reaction to those 6 words.

So, it's very important if at all possible, that we remember to post/tell the ENTIRE dream in details. I honestly feel because I failed to include every detail of the dream reverenced above (til this day, I don't know why I just couldn't bring myself to tell that particular part of the dream even though I remembered it), the person couldn't give me a total accurate interpretation. I could tell as I was sharing my dream that this person was getting the interpretation. When I finished, this person asked me plain as day, "Was that the entire dream...with nothing left out?" I said yes and he began to give me the interpretation.

So, I think it's very important not to leave anything out, regardless of how bad it may seem to us. In my case, the part I left out wasn't bad at all...I just can't explain why I didn't include it because I honestly don't know...but telling you from experience...don't leave anything out.

By the way, shortly after, I told him the part I left out. Boy, was he mad with me. what The interpretation was exactly the same, but the part of my dream I left out, was a WARNING to me of something that could happen. Guess what? By then it was too late. It happened and I could've saved myself a lot of heart ache and pain if I had just told the entire dream. :duhh:

It's funny you mention that...I know someone who did the same thing...described a dream and received an interpretation but didn't share the FULL dream...he made a life decision based on the interpretation and is now suffering because of it...he himself admits now that the dream was a warning dream...he was supposed to run FROM someone, not TOWARDS that person... :banghead: he'll be ok but could've saved himself a year of heartache, aggravation, embarrassment, and money. Having said that, he's now closer to the Lord than he ever was prior to this dream and is walking in obedience. God will take all things and work them out for our good, but we sure could do more to save Him the effort!

he himself admits now that the dream was a warning dream...he was supposed to run FROM someone, not TOWARDS that person... :banghead: he'll be ok but could've saved himself a year of heartache, aggravation, embarrassment, and money. Having said that, he's now closer to the Lord than he ever was prior to this dream and is walking in obedience. God will take all things and work them out for our good, but we sure could do more to save Him the effort!

OMG!...THAT WAS MY SITUATION AS WELL! EVERY SINGLE WORD!!!!!!!!!