Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Irish

BUILDING THE FOUNDATION IN CHRIST JESUS

BUILDING THE FOUNDATION

Too many of our Christian brothers and sisters have been floundering for years with hopes and dreams but they remain stagnant or worse, working hard but feeling like they are only treading water and getting nowhere. God is showing me that the reason we cannot go forward and build a life in Christ and walk in our hopes and dreams is because we are still struggling with a flawed and “hole filled” weak and crumbling foundation. Our foundation suffers because we pick and choose, exactly what words of God have value or not. We pick and choose what instructions from God we shall implement into our life, or not. When clearly the answer to this is –all-.

All the words of God are all true and good nourishment for His children. We must build our house upon the rock…not just parts of the rock…all of the rock.

Do we think that Jesus took time to pick and choose what instructions from the Father were important and which were not or which ones he would implement or not? Jesus said “Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” To Jesus every single word was food for man. Jesus did not pick and choose but instead embraced all that God had for him. Jesus chose to live by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God.

For all of the instructions that God gives us are valuable. God desires to give us life and life more abundantly. The words of God consummated with our enthusiastic obedience bring about the building of a solid foundation. Obedience to the living God is the plan. It is the blueprint for a solid foundation with Jesus Christ as the cornerstone. God’s children perish for lack of knowledge. Let us not be lacking in knowledge of the truth of God.

We are all hopelessly flawed without the grace of Christ. I am not suggesting that we in our own abilities can do anything. Far from it. I am saying that God is pleased with us when we demonstrate our faith in Him. We demonstrate our faith by embracing all of God’s instruction for us and writing all of his ways upon our hearts so that we do not sin against Him. I am saying that obedience to God is evidence of the fruit of our faith and I am saying that if we walk in His way we will know the truth and the truth will set us free. So let us walk in His way and not our way.

Let us obey the leading of the Holy Spirit, the word of God. Let instead choose to obey, everything that God would have us do, however small a thing it may seems. It is still pleasing to God when we obey Him. On the same token, disobedience in the small things is still rebellion, which is akin to witchcraft. This certainly will leave us, not only with a damaged foundation, but walking without the protection of the armor. Let us put on Christ and walk in all His ways.

So what are these “small” instructions from the Living God that we tend to disregard? These are a some that come to my mind.

Grumbling

The Words of our mouth

Neglecting to ponder the thoughts that God would have us dwell on

Anger against our fellow man which is to elevate ourselves as higher

Holding a grudge

Judging others

These are among the few but there are more. We all know what they are. They are the ones that we hold dear to our heart and repent of rarely. These are the ones that we make provisions for. These are the ones that we have allowed to interfere with the building of the foundation of our life in Christ Jesus. These are the ones that Satan uses to snare us and keep us from fully walking in the light.

God has given us a hope for a future and this begins with a solid foundation. . “God is always ready for us to repent and begin again. The steadfast love of our Lord never ceases, His mercy never comes to an end, and they are new every morning. Let us prepare to build our foundation in earnest. Let us repent of our lack of obedience in all these these things and enthusiastically begin again.

The plans of God deserve the best foundation available. We must build it on the rock as the cornerstone. In doing so we must put on the whole armor of God. This is our garment that keeps us from making those provisions of the flesh. This isn’t just a nice suggestion this truly is required to walk and live in the light. So put on the garment of light, the armor of Christ and walk in his way.

Put on the armor of God every morning. Begin by submitting all your ways to the Lord. Submit all your thoughts, all the words of your mouth and all your ways to the Lord. All the small things shall become big things.

Clearly, there Is not one thing that comes out of the mouth of God that is unworthy to be held in high regard. Not one. And when we can be faithful in these “small” things perhaps God will then entrust us with big things of God.

I remember a few months ago, this very teaching became life to me in Bible Study. It became very clear to me that I had separated myself from the foundation of Jesus Christ...the sure foundation...the cornerstone.

Let me explain. I had repented and rededicated my life to the Lord 2 years ago (AGAIN). I was faithfully standing on His word and His promises. What I didn't realize though, was the fact I was trying to build the life God promised me on "MY OWN" foundation...my way. I wasn't doing it intentionally, but thank God He loves me enough to reveal my actions.

I know I posted earlier on this thread but reading it again has reminded me of this nugget of information and that I must STAY on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Linda, you are very correct to keep emphasizing the importance of OBEDIENCE because it brings blessings. I'm learning to walk in obedience...prompt obedience. Because I have also learned that "delayed obedience" is disobedience.

Reading this again inspired me to share one more time....this is inspired from God and I know that I need to hear it again. Praise God...every word that comes out of the mouth of the Father is pure and good. amen

Virtuous, the scripture that says not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of heaven...but the one who does my will of our Father who is in heaven~ we arent saved by works of course....but we are to walk in HIS word"

Virtuous: " I must STAY on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Linda, you are very correct to keep emphasizing the importance of OBEDIENCE because it brings blessings. I'm learning to walk in obedience...prompt obedience. Because I have also learned that "delayed obedience" is disobedience.." I am working on this also....praise God!!!

I just wanted to say....even if you find yourself in a place of "delayed obedience" it is not ok to let it go.... God told me to write my book and I put it on a shelf and left it undone for years ~ sad in my heart that I could not just "get it together" and finish.....but the enemy tried to convince me to let it go...it was too late...I already failed as I did not give it priority with my time and interest etc...... if you are called to something and you do not follow the call in a timely way....repent and begin again and begin again and begin again.....the enemy wants you to stop and let it go. Dont listen to the enemy / Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!

The enemy is a liar...it was not too late...I encourage anyone reading this to repent and begin again if they are dragging their feet on something that the Living God is telling them to do....

Repent and begin again...You will be blessed!!!!! amen

Praise God for second chances! AMEN to everything here, too :loveit:

There are things that I have been struggling with. I'm really glad you posted this because I know that God has put it on my heart to get these issues out of my life. They have deep roots that I can feel are poisoning me. I feel like God isn't helping me with these things most of the time but every now and then I see a tiny victory. The roots of the problems need to be brought to light and then healed.