Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

How do you most easily hear God for yourself?

It seems so much easier for me to hear God for others esp if I dont know them well!

yeah i kno that feeling well, i battle doubt an unbeleif regula,, ugh,,but if u getta klear rhema word frm god its unshakable,, D

Usually, I have to be laid out asleep, to get a message, and sometimes, I can hear Him talking in my Spirit as a thought that I know I wasn't thinking. He will speak to me in verses like that, or say something and tie it to scripture. Especially if I haven't done what He said. He will give me a quick scripture, and highlight something I was supposed to do, and then nudge my mind. Or, I can be reading scripture and it will pop out at me, like that whole passage was written just for me at the time that I was reading it. LOL. I love my Daddy, Abba Father.

Ohhhhhh Hislightbeam, I totally get that. I will be reading in the word and like he will give me a whole chapter......and have me underline it and meditate on it. He speaks to me the best through the word and second best for me is in my dreams. It is always very personal for me in my dreams. Like he speaks deep within my soul. I can't explain that really but that is how it is for me. When I awake in the morning each day he reminds me how much he loves me and I remind him how much I love him. I am looking for hinds feet in high places.....that is what I desire with him.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I have a similar experience to HisLightbeam and Connie...the Lord will speak to me through the Word, through dreams, or in the early morning hour when my mind is cleared of all of the clutter or the prior day and before the new day has begun. He speaks encouragement, instruction, gives me the solution to a problem, etc.

um unbeleif ,doubt .an fear r my biggest enemys..i asked god 4 a word on a situation that had me i felt i heard a direct word,,but i still doubted,,although as tme went by,,i got peace,,dispite my circumstances screaming no peace,, ,,i feel if u got jesus in ur boat ,,u will make it thru wat eva storm,, well thats tha theology,,

You know Dreamster, I understand what you mean because I used to be there. You can test the spirit to see if it is from the Lord. Then you will have no room for doubt. Yes?

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I'm there with Lightbeam, Connie and Lurdys. I can hear God speak to me deep inside many times, but there are those special times when I'm in His Word where a scripture will pop off the page and hit me in my head (great feeling, by the way). I also have those intimate moments when I'm waking up in the morning, between sleep and consciousness where I will hear Him whisper...as if it's in my ear. Then there are times where I will wake up with a song playing very loudly inside. When I listen to the lyrics...it's a Word from Him.

Dreamy, you are doing very well in this season. You already know we are much harder on ourselves than others see us. This season of your life will soon be over...OVAH!!!!

Yes Cholette, that happens to me too...waking up with a song in my spirit...I love waking up in this way or after He's spoken to me, what a way to start your day!

Yes, me too. There was a special occasion song that the Lord sang to me only once, about how much He loved me and would take care of me. It was in a dream, it was dark and warm and felt really good, like I was being nestled tightly. It was a time when I was very afraid, and needed comforting, because I was a baby christian, just really starting to understand the word, had lost my job, got rid of the fiance, had totaled my car, was being evicted, and my mind was like a wild bird caught inside of a house.