Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christina

Be Encouraged - The Lord Answers Payers!!

I wanted to share with everyone struggling right now - and I know there are many of us.

Be encouraged! Hang in there - I pray your answer is coming soon! Sometimes it feels like God isn't listening and His timing will never come!

Praise God - my prayers for my house to sell/lease-to-own have been answered - and with great unexpected bonuses for myself and others involved!

Thank you to everyone who has been encouraging and praying for me.

This struggle has been about a lot more than finances, but certainly finances too, since I became unemployed a few weeks before the people who had agreed to buy it backed out after two years.

I was slammed with an overwhelming personal 'paralysis' (?) - and I think it was because it came to represent a culmination of issues: unhappiness experienced in the last years living there, the financial burden with not being employed or having the money to fix it up for a decent sale price, and most important - a period of correction I have been going through in my walk with the Lord that ironically, or maybe un-ironically - began seven years ago - July 12th, 2007.

In January I had one of maybe a fistful of dreams in my life that I knew were from the Lord, and I didn't post it here because I hadn't re-connected here then, but now in retrospect, it looks like it has come to pass.

And with more benefits to all parties than I had ever anticipated - the additional bounty just confirmed it was His work and His love!

Anyways - I just wanted to encourage anyone who may be starting to doubt or lose faith that there is an answer from the Lord coming to you - that the Lord does love you and care that you are hurting and in need.

Over the last seven years I have had doubt, anger, fear and a lot of pain, and this house issue returning really shook my faith in His love and intentions for my life.

Ultimately, (and probably unreasonably), this house issue came to represent all that grief - and to me, it looked like one giant step backwards had occured. And maybe I'm mistaken, but it appears to me that the Lord met me at that level where I was at, and just to show me His love, answered that prayer with additional bounty of the Lord.

Thank you, Lord Jesus & thank you again to everyone who encouraged me or prayed for me -

God Bless -

Awesome!!!!!!!!! Praising God with you Christina. How GOOD is He! Am happy for you!

God sure does meet us where we are at. Thank you for sharing this testimony.

How encouraging!!! God is good.. thanks for sharing

Im so happy that the house situation worked out! God's timing is the perfect timing.. Glory to God.

Bless u
Sista

Yah!!!

I really needed to hear your testimony. Since yesterday God has answered a prayer I didn't think He would answer, and also my son locked us out of the house today! I parked in the shade instead of in the drive so he could go in and change and the truck would be cooler when he came back out. When he was done he came out and then told me he locked the keys in the house... Oh no, I have spent SO much money because I keep locking myself out of my house or truck within the end of last year and several times this year... I then try the windows and my neighbor across the street came running up to me, she had locked herself out of the house too, not long after me! Her little baby was in her house... I try finding the number for our housing contractor to unlock both our houses, can't find it. She discovers a window unlocked in her house and goes in, then comes to help me with mine. I thought All my windows were locked and she found one unlocked for the bathroom. It's high, but I have a chair and stand on that and shove my son through the window! We knew that she had locked herself out for a reason and first reason we thought of was stupid compared to the second reason, was because I had ALREady tried to open my bathroom window! Apparently I don't know how to open them because they are really hard to open from the inside too. She had already figured her window out and actually I had tried to open it myself and told her it was locked. God took care of me and I think he had her forget her keys because He knew she would figure it all out and everything was really just fine
I've been feeling so lost the past few weeks. I feel like God hasn't been speaking to me or answering prayers. I know some things have gone above my faith level and I'm stressed. It's my house. Things keep coming at me and I don't know what to do even though I have a realtor, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I need money I don't have to do some fixing on the house so the bank will reimburse me for the claim. My dog isn't gone yet and I need her gone before friday. I need to service Both my car and truck. I need a tutor for my son in math. I need my house free of it's massive amount of boxes and stuff before this weekend and I think the heaviest thing on my mind is the other house. I feel so overwhelmed. God says that He will not let me drown. I know that He likes to answer prayers at the very last minute too! He really knows how to try our faith.

Hi
God took care of me and I think he had her forget her keys because He knew she would figure it all out and everything was really just fine

See, He does take care of you!! Awesome:)
God says that He will not let me drown. I know that He likes to answer prayers at the very last minute too! He really knows how to try our faith.

Amen. That's your answer.. He will NOT let you drown.
Something that's been on my mind lately too is: He is concerned about our wellbeing, but not always about our comfort.. It's often about the journey to get into a closer relationship to Him. Not to say this is exactly the same for you, but I'm learning (like others here;) that leaning on Him/trusting Him at all times, is the answer. He will help you through!
Praying for you sister.

I will be expecting Him to answer then up to the end of the last minute! I had a feeling I am going through a transition period in my faith.
I notice my trials keep getting bigger and bigger with small ones in the middle that seem to be a breeze anymore. This is def. a big one that most all of it needs to be done before August!

Thank you for praying for me too Traveller and thank you for your encouragement too!!!

HF - God bless you!

Those times when you feel a little lost & feel God isn't answering feel so bleak - it often amazes me that He is so good or else why would we need His constant presence in our lives? And how empty we feel when we worry (unfounded, of course) that we can't reach Him - he is our God as well as our Father, and PTL He is able to be both, huh? The people we have in our lives just can't fill those roles for us.

Reading your locked out story, I can't help but see metaphors for JC - your son, through the course of living life, accidentally locked you all out from your home, (sin from God, or life's trials), and the most important thing is to get back in, (forgiveness, or get thru life's struggles), and we can't do that alone, no matter how hard we try. We need JC to get through that too high window that we already tried by our own strength, and too - we also need others in the world to get us through this journey.

Maybe it is just me and my own little current path with the Lord, but it sure seems that the Lord might be talking to you through your circumstances, if He doesn't appear to be communicating through the ways you usually hear Him?

Got you on my prayer list!!

Way cool! I would have never made the connection! Thank you for bringing it to my awareness. I never thought to look at life circumstances as metaphors for what God is trying to say to me.

Thank you again Christina! I'm glad you are on that path right now :)

A powerful, powerful testimony! Thanks for sharing!

Anyways - I just wanted to encourage anyone who may be starting to doubt or lose faith that there is an answer from the Lord coming to you - that the Lord does love you and care that you are hurting and in need.

I needed to hear this very word, so thank you! God bless you and continue to praise God always! HE IS FAITHFUL!