Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hiskid

Is Facebook bad for believers to use?

What are your thought?
I had an account we got a virus and they find my account now
I was using it to see what was going on with my child and then socially and ministry too

I had an account we got a virus and they find my account now

Not sure what you meant to say here, could you clarify?

I have a FB account and I LOVE it! I don't think FB in itself is bad - there are ways that you can secure your account so that strangers don't contact you and if anything unGodly comes your way, you can block/delete it. This does happen to me on occasion because not all of my family/friends are saved. On the other hand, it has been great to reconnect with people who like myself have become saved over the years. I've been able to reconnect with people in my life and it's been a blessing to be able to stay connected with family and friends globally. I've also connected with other ministries in the US and abroad that I wouldn't have known about if I didn't have FB acct because I've discovered most of them through my connections.

I think the only time FB (like anything else) can become a problem is when we treat it as an idol, i.e. if it takes up time that should have been spent with God or not on things that He has directed you to do/complete/address/etc.

My two cents, others may have a different opinion... flower

I don't think fb is bad although some people use it for other things I have one and it has been great for me in finding family and spreading the word of God Two Cents

I have a fb page. I don’t log in much. The moment, literally, I set up my account, God told me that it could become a distraction for me. I get on it every now and then or more often if I get a notification that’s important from family and friends. I haven’t made it a habit to get on it because I don’t want it to become a distraction. But that’s just how God told ME to handle it. I know I can sometimes be easily distracted so I know that’s why He warned me.

I would advise you to be obedient as to what God is saying to you about this because just as everything else, this is an individual walk. What God is saying to one person about fb, doesn’t mean He’s necessarily saying it to everybody.

i got off it cause i got a lot of bad attention and then reconnected with others who knew me before I was saved......it was great but I feel I can do more without it in my life.........

maybe I will go back one day but when I am stronger, not sure when that will be hehe.....

i like the above comments cause it really is about knowing yourself and being wise with it......i just had a problem with me about it and know that it was something I was idle with alot and it was costing me big $$$