Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delightful soul

Losing weight

Hi all,

I just want to say that so far I have lost 4.9 kilos (nearly 10 pounds) on my new eating plan and am so happy.

I'm feeling better too in my body.

Just wanted to thank you lovely ladies who encouraged me to go to WW.

It's been really helpful having that accountability and hope and believe i shall continue.

Thanks!

Great job DS! My mom is doing WW now too!
I was "Stuck" at my pre-baby weight for a year and then I lost 5 lbs -just by being on a dairy free diet no cheese/cocoa /pizza/ ice cream.
I do 20 minutes on the treadmill a few times a week listening to goofy old music-"I wanna be rich" by Calloway on youtube
Lionel Ritchie "I call it love" and even Britney Spears "Lucky"I love the videos!- I pray for her and her sons!
I heard a Lisa Bevere say she asked God for her best weight and He told her.I will do it !

Thanks, it is interesting though, how God is using me even in WW to show me the broken hearts of women who feel they have to be skinny in order to be beautiful. I have worked years on myself and so has God to get me to a place where I can look at myself and see the gift in myself that God has given me, His temple. God is showing me sooo much, that I can be an influence. I have started a group already online with 14 members so far and I think I want to help others with eating disorders by being an example of right thinking. God keeps speaking to me through songs of late everytime i turn on the radio a song comes on about being beautiful, even when I have turned on a secular station, there is a song on about beautiful women......there are sooo many women who want to lose weight to please society rather than for health reasons, I was one of them... But I am starting to see that my goals for being healthy have to be just that, not to appear sexy or in fashion or acceptable to those who deem beauty as a size ratio but to look after my body as the temple that is fearfully and wonderfully made by God of the Holy spirit...amen!

Good, thanks, yeah i have plateaued but weigh in in two days so time will tell........I'm having to eat a little less now to lose weight so this is challenging around christmas......

But I am starting to see that my goals for being healthy have to be just that, not to appear sexy or in fashion or acceptable to those who deem beauty as a size ratio but to look after my body as the temple that is fearfully and wonderfully made by God of the Holy spirit...amen!

Amen! Everytime I focus on being healthy (which is a long-term, life changing goal), I'm successful in losing weight. But the moment I start to get disappointed because I can't fit into (fill in the blank) or otherwise turn the goal into a fashion or beauty focus, I go off track because I'm impatient in this area, I want to see results in 5 minutes... lol!

BTW, congratulations DS on your weight loss so far! I was recently on WW and lost 12 pounds but our group disbanded because we didn't have enough numbers to continue having an "At work" group. I intend to resurrect my exercise routine this week - I'm on Christmas break at the end of this week through New Year's so plan to get more serious about just being active...my work hours are kind of crazy these days so it's hard to fit it in but I have to keep trying different things until I find some things that click (and continue doing them). I've found some things but need to keep doing them regularly so that they can have an impact.