Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SisterinChrist

Worship Dancing

What exactly is dancing in the spirit?
or I think it's worship dancing? not sure what exactly the correct term is for it.
But i wanted to know if anyone had anything to share about the dancing?

Thank you God bless

ive seen ppl caught up,, an dance a unpractised dance 2 the lord,, its a beautiful thang totaly spontanious,

woohoo dreamster so interesting...

i went to a church a while ago and they had it happen...
but i never saw it before..then i came across a vid online, where this lady was also dancing in the spirit ( i guess thats what they call it?)

I agree with dreamsta, it's a spontaneous thing. I do it at home in my worship time before Him. It just happens. Never done it in public though, but who knows;)

Hm, hard to explain, but i'll give a try:)
When it happens I'm usually already praying and singing in the spirit,usually when i've got other worship music playing. It's part of my worship time with Him. I don't really know much about the choreographical terms when it comes to dancing and I certainly don't plan it before hand. Yes, my feet and my body and my hands/arms start moving, and I just go along with it, like when praying in the spirit. It's a joyous feeling, and it's like worshipping Him not just with my voice but with my body as well. Once I actually saw a vision of myself dancing before His throne and that really drew me to act on it then and i just started dancing then, following what i saw in the spirit. It was like i was given the cues as to what to do next. This involved waving certain colours of flags (which i don't even have, but i used some of my scarfs instead:). It doesn't always happen like that, and i'm sure it might be different for each individual as well. But i think everyone can try, like praying in the spirit.
Overall when i dance like this, it really is an intimate time of worship with Him and it is incredibly refreshing.
Hope this answers your question..

Dancing is a "form" of praise and worship. Some dance, some jump, some run, some clap, some cry, some wave their hands, etc. When you're in the spirit, there's no telling what you're doing because you move as the spirit falls on you. Sometimes I don't even know what I did unless someone tells me.

Just like how David danced for God. happy dance smiley dance Its a praise from your head to toe! 2 Sam. 6:14, Psalms 30:11

God moves me to worship thru dance and as the song is playing in my private time with the Lord or even at church He will give me the moves to the song. It is awesome because I see myself dancing with Him and also before Him. People have told me that when they see it they sense God's love . I have felt His love for me I ask Him to give me an expression to show my love back to Him and He did He gave me my voice and dance. Just know this it is a dance of the audience of one no matter where you are.

If the Lord is calling you to move out in worship dance you will usually have a vision of you dancing with the Lord or You will have such a desire to dance before Him. It is a awesome place to be because it is you and Him. When it first happen to me , I was sitting and having my private time with Him ,praising Him and adoring Him and all of a sudden He gave me a vision of us dancing together and I was dressed in a gown, My experience was at that moment I felt His love pouring into me, and then I was overhelmed with love back to Him. I never felt I could be that close to the Lord but let me tell you , you can and He brings me to that place often now, because not only I desire it but so does He. The word tells us that He wants us to know the breadth, the height,depth of His love for us, and this is one way He does it thru worship and adoration through dance.