Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daisy

Any intercessors out there....

Hi! I have a question regarding interceding. Is there anyone out there that when there is an URGENT need, or a TIME SENSITIVE need for prayer...that they feel sick to their stomach when praying for other people??? This kind of burden for others when I am in prayer is normally not a good sign. There are other times when a certain person keeps popping up to my thinking...almost like I cant stop thinking about this person until I pray the burden away. There have been a few occasions that the Lord has been waking me up in the middle of the night to pray...ugh.

Just trying to understand my gifting a little better. Any insight or thoughts????

By the way....have I mentioned how much :ilovethissite: :hooray:

Wow Daisy your post has got me asking questions of my own. I don't know much about an interceding gift but I have experienced all the the things you mentioned! Most of the time for me it's actually dream related, so I'd start dream about someone repeatedly which means I think about them all the time and start praying for them. Or I'd have a TERRIBLE dream about someone and wake up sick to my stomach and have to pray about them till it lifts. Often that awful feeling can linger for days and I end up praying till I'm at peace. I think the awful feeling is so that you realise the urgency or do actually pray about it, it's definitely what makes me pay attention! Waking me up at weird times of the night is a big one for me too. I also think that God uses compassion, like sometimes I'll have a deep compassion for someone I barely know and I don't know why? That often gets me to pray.

Daisy, in your experience is there a practical side or is it just a prompting to pray? I mean like if someone is on your heart do you always get in touch with them? Do you ever mention it to them or do you just pray?

Hi genevieve~Sometimes I get in touch with the person. Sometimes I just pray. It really depends on how well I know the person, and if it seem appropriate or not. If it is a close friend, then I will for sure. Its always reassuring to me when they tell me something was going on for them during that time and that they really needed prayers. Confirms I am hearing from God...also normally blesses the person who I was praying for as well, because they realize that God really cares enough to lay it on someones heart to pray for them. Then if it someone that I don't know that well, and they just so happen to cross my path...then I would share it too...IF it didn't feel awkward. I have had a dream about a family who were going through a really rough time financially...I dreamed that I was giving them a bag full of winter coats and clothes for their kids. I heard through a friend that they WERE in fact going through rough rough times, and that they needed prayers (the winter coats). This was before I understood my dreams had connected with intercession. Now this family I didn't feel it was appropriate for me to tell them my dream, or that I was even praying because I hardly knew them....it would have seemed like people were gossiping about them (when really God was encouraging me in this area of my gifting). It wasn't long after that I was able to find this website that opened the floodgates of knowledge in these areas of dreams and intercession being connected for me!!! :hooray:

That's an excellent question Genevieve. Let me offer my thoughts here. I usually do not call those I pray for....I usually just pray unless I feel a nudging from the Holy Spirit to contact them. For me I have had dreams where I need to pray and pray even in the dream but usually for me anyway I just have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I need to pray. I usually don't feel sick to my stomach but feel a burden to pray. Hope that helps.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Hello, Daisy -

Since others have shared, my experience is usually a heaviness or that feeling deep in my stomach that let's me know that something is up. If it's in the moment, that person will come to mind and I may have a heart-wrenching feeling, if that makes sense. I've had that quite a few times for my younger brother, who was a Marine and is now a firefighter - and it's usually for his protection that I end up praying.

I've never been sick to my stomach over it, but there's been a few times where I could not bring myself to go about my daily routine until I addressed the feelings with prayer.

I also don't tell people about it...however, I'm usually pretty attentive to what they say they were doing at the time.

-Mark

Thank you for all your comments! Mark..I like how you described it...'deep within your stomach'! Maybe thats what I am feeling. I dont feel like I'm going to throw up...its just a constant stirring...like butterflies or something till I pray and the burden away. Didn't know if others felt this.

I also love your comment Connie on only sharing with others if you feel led to. I totally agree with this!

Thanks everyone!!! :hooray:

I have felt a heaviness on my heart for people and I'll just pray for them. I have even felt a heaviness on my heart but not know what for.
One time I was watching a movie with my husband one night..it was a comedy and I was really into the movie. when all of a sudden I was left feeling totally empty of all the laughing I was doing and felt very strongly that something was wrong....and even being afraid to the point where I had to get up and walk to my room, shut the door and fall to my knees. I have had this happen a few times and have NO clue who or what I was praying for but I just start calling out to God until I didn't feel that way anymore and I felt peace.
I have questioned that myself...glad you started this topic.

When I feel butterflies deep in my stomach, or a blowing up inside of me, it is the Holy Spirit and any words that I get inside of me at the same time are from Him and are prophetic. Sometimes it will happen when a certain person walks by me and I know a word is for them.

Recently, God has been using a different "technique" with me regarding praying for people. Like everyone else, I have a deep burden or the person is on my mind a lot, but also I begin seeing people around that reminds me of them. For instance, one day recently, it seemed that EVERYONE I saw resembled my father. It was crazy...I kept seeing these men walking around and I would do a double take because they looked like him. I got in my car and I heard the Holy Spirit say "Pray for Him". Since then, he's used this with several people he's wanting me to pray for. Really interesting...we can never put him in a box...EVER!

Mia Sherwood wrote:
When I feel butterflies deep in my stomach, or a blowing up inside of me, it is the Holy Spirit and any words that I get inside of me at the same time are from Him and are prophetic. Sometimes it will happen when a certain person walks by me and I know a word is for them.

We were posting at the same time Mia...I get the same thing when it's time for me to give a word to someone. It happens in church A LOT, especially during worship!!

We can never put him in a box............ EVER

That is so nuts! I just and I MEAN JUST got through typing those very words to someone else in a PM seconds ago!

Cholette wrote:
Mia Sherwood wrote:

We were posting at the same time Mia...I get the same thing when it's time for me to give a word to someone. It happens in church A LOT, especially during worship!!

That's usually when it happens for me too. Or when I'm with churchfolk.

When the Holy Spirit is calling me to pray I usually feel that a burden in my spirit which lifts after I've prayed. When it's time for me to share a word, I feel a heaviness and hear His voice telling me to talk to the recipient and it gets worse until I do - I'm still getting used to giving a word, it's not always received by the individual but at least I followed the prompting of the Holy Spirit which I believe is the key piece as it relates to my involvement in His process.

Lately, I have random incidents that cause me to start memory streaming and I'll end up think of someone then ask myself how I got to start thinking about that person and start praying for them. An example would be driving, seeing a certain type of car, remembering when I was in college and someone had a car like that then remembering a trip that we took in the car and how we then ran into a second person then wondering how their sister is doing, then wondering how it is I'm now thinking about that person and realizing it's a call to pray for them...

Cholette wrote:
Recently, God has been using a different "technique" with me regarding praying for people. Like everyone else, I have a deep burden or the person is on my mind a lot, but also I begin seeing people around that reminds me of them. For instance, one day recently, it seemed that EVERYONE I saw resembled my father. It was crazy...I kept seeing these men walking around and I would do a double take because they looked like him. I got in my car and I heard the Holy Spirit say "Pray for Him". Since then, he's used this with several people he's wanting me to pray for. Really interesting...we can never put him in a box...EVER!

I am so glad you posted this cholette!! This happens to me A LOT too!!! I'm so glad I am not alone! Totally confirmation..

Mia Sherwood wrote:

This is awesome! I haven't tapped into giving many words yet. Not sure if I will or not. I think I am in a training right now, where I am gaining some confidence in this gifting.

Sometimes when I am in prayer though, I will see a picture in my mind for someone while praying. For example: when I was praying over a friend for healing, I could see a picture of the infection (puss) shooting violently out of her shoulder and leaving her body!

I know I am just scratching the surface right now...and am interested in learning more! Its SO exciting!!! :hooray:

I LOVE hearing ALL these examples! Thanks for sharing everyone!!!

:hooray: Most of the time I know what the picture/vision means when I see it. Is this common with intercessors? My late great grandfather was an intercessor...and I believe this is part of my calling.

I believe part of my calling is to intercede for others. I meant do most people called to intercede have visions...or does it just depend on the person. I know you said that not everyone has intercessory type dreams...it just depends on the person.

lola21st wrote:
Lately, I have random incidents that cause me to start memory streaming and I'll end up think of someone then ask myself how I got to start thinking about that person and start praying for them. An example would be driving, seeing a certain type of car, remembering when I was in college and someone had a car like that then remembering a trip that we took in the car and how we then ran into a second person then wondering how their sister is doing, then wondering how it is I'm now thinking about that person and realizing it's a call to pray for them...

Whoa! That's EXACTLY what happens to me!! And then I catch myself thinking, "How did I even get to thinking about this person again?"