Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmine

Please sign this petition against this vulgar magazine!

i cant even stand to look at magazines these days.. so much pressure on girls to be perfect! dont know what i would have done if i didnt know JESUS...
i always have to turn my face when i look at the magazines these days!

thanks for posting Jas!

I don't like this magazine either. Never really did. It depicts what they think we should look like, not what God created us to be.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

When I was working construction in NY they have these big racks with maybe 50 up to 100 magazines on them. I noticed that 75% plus of them in some way or another were exploiting the sexuality of women. It did not matter what type of product they were marketing. Even in the roofing profession they use women in skimpily dressed clothing to market the product. Now when I am in the stores going through check out lines I make every effort not to look at the magazines. What good is it.

I take my husband to the doctor at least once a week, often more, so I've read more magazines while sitting in waiting rooms in the last 6 months than probably my whole life. I AM SO TIRED of the trash that's in even main-stream magazines!!!!
I was reading one article that said most marriages would be better if couples spent their summers apart!!! What?????Parenting advice is probably come of the worst hell-inspired child-damaging advice I've ever read, clothed in a veil of "expertise." I am trying to steer clear of most magazines anymore...and don't even ask me to get started on how girls and women are exploited!!!!!!

I'm obviously a man, but some of my female friends are extraordinarily good looking. I mean, I could never imagine to have 'more' with them (there is one exception ;) ), but I am not blind. Anyway, through them I got to hear a lot of things about how women are often treated, and sometimes I even witness this kind of behaviour so that I am forced to intervene on their behalf. These women are super sweet, kind, intelligent and have so much more to offer than their looks, but for many her looks seems to be all that counts. But it is not just women who suffer from this. I don't want to go into too much detail, but fact is that us men are also more and more judged by how we look.

All this combined is more and more poisoning all human relations. It is as if more and more women (and MEN!) suspect that everything that a man (who is single) says and does is only for the purpose of picking up women. It is not.

This does not change the fact that I would not mind finding a new girlfriend, but I prefer to get to know a woman first, before I am going to go for 'more'.

Lol, Habakuk! What i meant was that i just wanted to point out that there no guys in this post. And, butterfly. It is awful what users post on Change.org. Actaually we should make the membership so we cant recieve email from them about other petitions. However, i must stay that that was the only valid way the writer could get signatures through the web. I'm not supporting Change.org but I am supporting the petition. It's alright. For example. YouTube is not a website made for Christians, however Christians use it to watch videos and this website can also be used as a tool in bringing in people to the faith. Even Christian made websites get invaded by not so christian stuff. Godtube is a good example. It's not just about what the site was made for, but what the people allowed on it post there.

The above article was created by www.change.org

“A Greener Spirit” is a Change.org series profiling the growing faith-based environmental movement"...

http://news.change.org/stories/a-greener-spirit-global-christian-leaders-speak-out-on-climate-change

According to the above article also in the first paragraph

"We began last week with profiles of several pro-environmental evangelical pastors, and continue today with a look at climate stances from the world's three largest Christian denominations. Still to come: posts on Jewish, Islamic, and interfaith campaigns."

The persons of this site chose to use Jesus Christ as a way of attracting Christians to their site, this site promotes a new world order environmental agenda, the anti-Christ will be head of the new world order, and this site supports interfaithism which is the bringing of different religions under one umbrella, which is no surprise actually because the new world order and interfaithism go hand in hand, according to persons in the interfaith movement buddha is one way to heaven, Jesus Christ is one way to heaven, Vishnu is one way to heaven when Jesus Christ states he is the only way to heaven.

John 14 verse 6 states

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

This site is different from Youtube, it has a specific demonic anti-Christ agenda.

nerd Sorry, but if you do think that the Cosmo magazine should be done away with then I guess you can email Nicole your name. Her website is projestinspired.com

Jasmine wrote:
nerd Sorry, but if you do think that the Cosmo magazine should be done away with then I guess you can email Nicole your name. Her website is projestinspired.com

A lot of Christians are unaware of environmental new world order agendas, that is why it is important that Christians keep aware of end times deceptions, events, and activities.

Nicole's site leads back to www.change.org

either way, im just disgusted by the filth of all these magazines... i dont even look its way when im waiting on isles or anything..

makes me

God bless you Jasmine and let me say I think you are doing an amazing job! God bless you that you have so such maturity and growth in Christ to take a stand against the tools of the devil.

Im in Australia and the youth here are totally immorally sexualized mainly because of the media and especially through books like cosmopolitan.

Sex is a good thing but its for marriage only, the reason its for marriage only, is because sex outside of marriage destroys lives. In the past before getting saved by Jesus Christ I treated women like garbage, and I regret the way I behaved, I look back now and realize I hurt many women. I will never have sex outside marriage ever again, because I know how destructive it is.

Cosmopolitan is pretty much a instructional manual that teaches women how to be prostitutes for free, I have read some of that magazine as girlfriends from school used to read them, and I would say those magazines do much damage. Cosmopolitan is a tool of the devil dressed in bows and ribbons that appeals to young girls. And if young girls are reading this magazine, they are going to replicate the behaviour they are reading.

I am glad you are taking a stand. God bless you in your efforts Jasmine.